• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Mavericks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

While I still think your posts are generally garbage I will admit I'm over LP. His "coaching" tonight was pathetic. 

That said, everything I've been saying about Trae proved out tonight. If he isn't scoring they can't win. 

Hopefully everybody can see now what a fraud this guy is and has been.  Everybody was like wait until he has players and he'll show you.  Now  that he has players, he still finds ways to lose to mediocre teams like Dallas.  But I'm sure there will be some that still hold out hope for the guy.  There always is.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The lack of practice is clearly having an impact on Cam offensively. I felt like last year, we were seeing gradual improvement on a month to month basis like we saw with Trae. But he's just been flat out inconsistent and even on his good games, he's not set on his shots and his finishing can be someone lucky if it goes in and expected if it doesn't. He has to be confident and shot ready at all times. Even though Solo misses way more than he makes, he shoots it like its going in everytime. 

I don't have interest in getting rid of him. He's still critical to us and winning games but man, guys like Beal start looking real attractive when Cam plays poorly. When he plays this poorly, I am pretty sure everyone wants him gone.

I still like Cam but MAN.....

A Trae & Beal backcourt????....geeeezzzzz 

sure would be nice 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JTB said:

sure would be nice 

This is always the reflex go to...Find even more players and maybe this guy can coach the team into a few more wins.  The team has enough to win but is being held back.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

At least Kevin knows what he does well and sticks to it. Cam has to find something he's comfortable with on offense, and get good at it. 

You can't compare Kevin to Cam offensively at this time. 

Cam is a poor shooting, poor man's off the ball Klay Thompson on offense with the potential to be just a good shooting Klay Thompson who can draw fouls at a much higher clip potentially showing shades of T-Mac.

But we gotta see Cam for what he is.

Extremely streaky shooter who isn't shot confident

Mechanics are jacked. He seemed to revert back to first half last year Cam. I saw signs in the preseason but he shot 37.5% from three and I was like, well, its going in. 

His finishing is bad because if he doesn't get fouled, he doesn't have good body control on the ground. In the air, somehow, his body control is good. His core strength is weak as hell and he's always having growth spurts. He's like 6'10 with shoes. Same height as LeBron.

His mid range is wildly inaccurate on the spot up. His dribble pull up middy is ultimately his best shot.

His confidence offensively wanes night to night. He got drop 30 tomorrow. It didn't change that he was awful tonight. 

For someone who depends on drawing fouls and volume threes to score a vast majority of his points, he has to diversify his offensive game while mastering his game to the best of his abilities.

Kevin just needs to sharpen his abilities and be more consistent and improve on key weak areas offensively. Cam has the biggest mountain to climb for us long term speaking. 

Right now, his handles is his biggest area of weakness. Its literally worse than Ant Man who's really bad right now at his handles.

Cam has excellent open court handles but half court handles are BAD!

Edited by NBASupes

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Maybe Dunn will give us something. Rondo looks cooked.

Haliburton would be perfect..smh..Heck Id rather have mid 1st guys like  Maxey,  or Cole Anthony over Rondo right now..

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JTB said:

sure would be nice 

Offense would be amazing but good god almighty how terrible that defense would be.  Are Hunter, Collins, and Capela enough defense to overcome that?

• Like 1