• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat (Sunday)

lethalweapon3

LP reminds me of Steve Kerr but with worse coaching skills. He's creative, maybe even more creative than Kerr. He develops talent well and he has a good eye which is critical for any coach who wants to be able to develop players. He is smart and a fighter. He has an unique style of play and he knows what wins in this league. He's far from rigid, in fact, he's too loose. But he doesn't manage well. His teams run cold far too long. He doesn't have a feel for sub patterns. Poor TO usage. Doesn't put players in position to succeed. He puts player in position to perform which may work on occasion, especially with an experienced team but not with youngins. LP knows what winning Basketball looks like, I don't know if he understands how to implement it. I know he's a worker. I know he's smart. I know he's passionate. I don't doubt that at all. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

LP showing us that he can't coach. The injuries are hurting our chances of winning but it's not going to stop him from showcasing his coaching skills. I won't say his rookie year was a fluke because he showcased a lot of things that a lot of teams use today in the NBA added due to LP. But he can't coach. He just can't coach. It's an obvious skill. He can't coach. It's like shooting. If Josh Smith is shooting threes, it's obvious that's not a good thing. 

I've been defending LP but Nate looked miles better even in the blowout lost to Boston. 

I wanted LP to be the guy sooo bad. His Team USA stint, being responsible for Philly's top rated defense, and the fact he would guard players in practice were huge selling points to me as a casual observer. I like his off court impact and community ties as well.

But he can't coach sadly. He hasn't shown me anything to be optimistic about. I'd love for him to be let go before the All-star break but it's probably not going to happen. I just hope that once Deandre and Bogi are back we can attempt to salvage this season and make a play-in push.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

LP reminds me of Steve Kerr but with worse coaching skills. He's creative, maybe even more creative than Kerr. He develops talent well and he has a good eye which is critical for any coach who wants to be able to develop players. He is smart and a fighter. He has an unique style of play and he knows what wins in this league. He's far from rigid, in fact, he's too loose. But he doesn't manage well. His teams run cold far too long. He doesn't have a feel for sub patterns. Poor TO usage. Doesn't put players in position to succeed. He puts player in position to perform which may work on occasion, especially with an experienced team but not with youngins. LP knows what winning Basketball looks like, I don't know if he understands how to implement it. I know he's a worker. I know he's smart. I know he's passionate. I don't doubt that at all. 

I'm going to have to take your word for it on the positives. He hasn't shown me what you've seen.

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ball watcher and you value offensive production too much but belittle offensive impact. 

Agreed. Replace Trae with Joe on this team and guarantee you we wouldnt be 14-20..lol

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae's awareness on defense is a D-

His Effort is a B- . . . as I can point to plays in which he's held his defender in front of him, drawn charges, and even played lockdown defense every blue moon.

He's not the worst defender in the league.  He isn't even the worst defender on his team.

His defensive effort ain't no B-. That's like saying Cam shooting 3s this year is a B-. No it's not. It's complete ass. A 100% unquestionable F! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Agree 100%. I hope he can turn it around fast or it is about to get ugly. 

Just now, terrell said:

Agreed. Replace Trae with Joe on this team and guarantee you we wouldnt be 14-20..lol

We would be much better if we had Iso Joe. 

Iso Joe

Cam

Hunter

Collins

Capela

Defense would be nasty like herpes. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

We would be much better if we had Iso Joe. 

Iso Joe

Cam

Hunter

Collins

Capela

Defense would be nasty like herpes. 

Thats too much size for LP..lmao.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ball watcher and you value offensive production too much but belittle offensive impact. 

If Joe drew fouls even 1/2 as good as Trae does, we may have made a few trips to the EC Finals . . and JJ would be a surefire Hall of Famer, instead of an "on the fence" Hall of Famer.

Joe's fatal flaw as an offensive player, is that he couldn't offset bad shooting nights by still getting his points at the FT line.

And LMAO at you calling me a ball watcher.  You're the same guy who tried to may like OJ Mayo was the best thing since sliced bread.

Never Forget GIF | Gfycat

• Haha 1

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If Joe drew fouls even 1/2 as good as Trae does, we may have made a few trips to the EC Finals . . and JJ would be a surefire Hall of Famer, instead of an "on the fence" Hall of Famer.

Joe's fatal flaw as an offensive player, is that he couldn't offset bad shooting nights by still getting his points at the FT line.

And LMAO at you calling me a ball watcher.  You're the same guy who tried to may like OJ Mayo was the best thing since sliced bread.

Never Forget GIF | Gfycat

Iso Joe wins games. 

Trae wins Sportcenter. Congrats! 

There you go with the insults. Enjoy but I know where this team is going, I'll give you a hint: 

http://www.tankathon.com/

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Iso Joe gonna be shooting 10 3s a game under LP

Ressler cant be happy with Travis either..I know if I was a billionaire owner I'd be pissed..lol...We had so much draft capital and FA $ and look at us now..smh. Still losing to tanking teams like OKC..

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Ressler cant be happy with Travis either..I know if I was a billionaire owner I'd be pissed..lol...We had so much draft capital and FA $ and look at us now..smh

Ressler need to come to grips that Trae ain't close to a superstar like we might have thought. Even if he fires LP no coaches around the NBA is thinking Trae is this upcoming superstar. It's gonna be hard to hire a superstar coach with Trae here. He gives all young coaches the chills because of his shit defense and he gives old coaches a headache as he's a blast from the early 2000s but with range but can't really shoot em like that in game. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, sturt said:

Too much overreaction. Bad shooting nights happen.

Too little appreciation for what the assets sitting on the sideline will bring in the 2nd half of the season (... ie, deeper inventory of shooting talent, at the head of that list). Too little appreciation for what assets sitting on the sideline would be bringing right now if healthy.

Health is pivotal. If this team is healthy those last 22 games of the season (15 @ home), they're going to make a playoff charge and be that "team that no one wants to play." We've seen them flash high-caliber basketball even w/o having all of the weapons available.

Tonight's game just reassures me, in the words of the late Dennis Green, JC "is who we thought he was."

We're going to be fine. If we get healthy.

I believe this as well . . . but we need to find some way to stay within striking range.

The rest of the East isn't going to suddenly run away from us.  Most teams will be right around or under .500.  We just can't get in a situation in which we lose too much ground.

Somehow, the guy that needs to get healthy, is Kris Dunn.  I want to see what his defensive impact is on this team, and how LP uses him.

• Like 1

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I believe this as well . . . but we need to find some way to stay within striking range.

The rest of the East isn't going to suddenly run away from us.  Most teams will be right around or under .500.  We just can't get in a situation in which we lose too much ground.

Somehow, the guy that needs to get healthy, is Kris Dunn.  I want to see what his defensive impact is on this team, and how LP uses him.

Kris would be totally exposed offensively with Trae.  That shit would look worse than Bembry last year with Trae. He's the biggest one that would benefit from the 2nd unit the most. He's perfect for the 2nd unit when Bogi is back. I can see Kevin and Cam fighting to be a part of the 2nd unit when Dunn is back. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

Ressler need to come to grips Trae ain't close to a superstar like we might have thought. Even if he fires LP no coaches around the NBA is thinking Trae is this upcoming superstar. It's gonna be hard to hire a superstar coach with Trae here. He gives all young coaches the chills because of his shit defense and he gives old coaches a headache as he's a blast from the early 2000s but with range but can't really shoot em like that in game. 

Coach killer maybe..We Might as well bring in Lon Kruger and let him chuck all night("fun to watch")..I hate to say it, but That trade might go down as worst in NBA..........................Especially if Cam doesnt become an Allstar..And that's on Travis..Not to mention signing over the hill Rondo for 2 years, and paying Gallo 45 mill fkn $..Glad Im not the owner..No way I could deal with that..Someone would have to go...Id start with LP, but Travis might be on the hotseat too..lol...

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Kris would be totally exposed offensively with Trae.  That shit would look worse than Bembry last year with Trae. He's the biggest one that would benefit from the 2nd unit the most. He's perfect for the 2nd unit when Bogi is back. I can see Kevin and Cam fighting to be a part of the 2nd unit when Dunn is back. 

Trae needs Klay Thompson..Good luck with that..

20 minutes ago, aali34 said:

I wanted LP to be the guy sooo bad. His Team USA stint, being responsible for Philly's top rated defense, and the fact he would guard players in practice were huge selling points to me as a casual observer. I like his off court impact and community ties as well.

But he can't coach sadly. He hasn't shown me anything to be optimistic about. I'd love for him to be let go before the All-star break but it's probably not going to happen. I just hope that once Deandre and Bogi are back we can attempt to salvage this season and make a play-in push.

He had Ben Simmons, not Trae Young..lol