• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat (Sunday)

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Hawks had their most best season under a good coach. LP is a bigger problem than Trae.

LP is clearly becoming a problem. I don't like firing coaches but this one appears to be due and I like LP but he can't f***ing coach. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This makes no sense.

How long did it take ISO Joe to get to the playoffs with the Hawks? Let's start there?

Not that long. By this point, we took Boston's big 3 to their mercy in the playoffs. Nothing EASY! 

Just now, bleachkit said:

Please dont infantilize professional players. Year 3 for Trae, time to wear the big boy pants.

Trae and I have a story that I would like to tell but I am sure I was drunk and posted it? If anyone can quote me on this and see if If I told the story?

2 minutes ago, AHawks89 said:

Our most recent years, we made it further than ever WITHOUT Joe. Not telling you this, but Supes this 

That was due to having our best Hawk since Nique in Al Horford in his prime. That mfer was a beast and I am happy that Hunter is built in Al's image. 

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Not that long. By this point, we took Boston's big 3 to their mercy in the playoffs. Nothing EASY! 

The Hawks made the playoffs in year 3 of ISO Joe, it was his 6th year in the league.  Trae has played 172 games.

• Like 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

The Hawks made the playoffs in year 3 of ISO Joe, it was his 6th year in the league.  Trae has played 172 games.

He was in the playoffs with Phoenix and playing a critical role with them. Let's not act like his first taste of success was in year 6. PHX won like 60 games with Young Iso. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Not hating but I do want to get back to the point of when the game is on the line, Trae will often time do things to lose the game.  In this game when tied at 95-95 Trae took an out of rythym 30 something footer early in the shot clock. We get a stop on the other end and then on the very next possession, Trae has an egregious turnover throwing a lob to John who was covered by two players.  These kind of plays will lose games.  Trae has not been good in the 4th quarter of games this year.

Exactly what I said, and someone started throwing out clutch numbers or something..lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

That was due to having our best Hawk since Nique in Al Horford in his prime. That mfer was a beast and I am happy that Hunter is built in Al's image. 

Hunter is not ISO Joe yet. Joe was very nice. He was a much better Melo. Joe was nice and quiet. When I say this, I think, "F$%#K Paul Pierce. Never forget Zaza not backing down from KG. Wow, flashback. What a memory.. Sorry... back to the topic. Al Horford is a piece nothing more nothing less. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

LP is clearly becoming a problem. I don't like firing coaches but this one appears to be due and I like LP but he can't f***ing coach. 

The Suns best winning percentage in Devin Booker's tenure with them before hiring Monty Williams was .29

Last year in his first season Monty got them to .46 and this year they are the 4 seed in the west. 

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Iso Joe is better than Trae

Horford is way better than Trae

Smoove is as impactful as Trae

Teague is as impactful as Trae. Trae is a million times more talented but Jeff was consistent and became a pretty good two way PG in his prime. 

Sap is better than Trae

Smitty is better than Trae

Deke is better than Trae

Mookie is better than Trae

Nique is WAY better than Trae

Doc is as impactful as Trae

Pistol and Trae are similar. 

Hudson is better than Trae.

Lenny is better than Trae.

Sure....all those guys are better than every other player on this team too. So what’s the point?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He was playing ok minus the turnovers up until that point.  He was going downhill and getting fouled which got us back into the game and then those two plays happened.  Don't get it.

Again, that’s where the coaching comes in. DESIGN plays to go inside the paint. Every shot needs to be in the paint looking for fouls. Only shoot threes if it is the best shot after the ball has touched 3 hands and the shooter is wide open. If any player cant do that, including Trae down the stretch, their a** should be on the bench. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He was in the playoffs with Phoenix and playing a critical role with them. Let's not act like his first taste of success was in year 6. PHX won like 60 games with Young Iso. 

There's a difference between being the guy and playing a role which Joe was in Phoenix.  He was never ISO Joe until the Hawks - so again - failed comparison.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, terrell said:

Exactly what I said, and someone started throwing out clutch numbers or something..lol

I know...They don't want to see it for what it is for some reason.  The same guy was blaming Collins for not demanding the ball in the 4th quarter.  The default button with this fan base is to have a favorite and blame everyone else for the problem except their favorite.  At one point even LP was a favorite!  LOL!

4 minutes ago, AHawks89 said:

Al Horford is a piece nothing more nothing less. 

Man stop it. He was just a piece as a rookie but as a vet, he was one of the best players in the NBA. Easily. Everything ain't about raw stats. Horford is an impact superstar. While Trae is your favorite ride at Six Flags. Fast, uneven, exciting, and short. Ya'll ball watch more than Trae. That's why ya'll always underestimating the most winningest Atlanta Hawk of All Time. Put some respect on Al's name. 

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, aali34 said:

The Suns best winning percentage in Devin Booker's tenure with them before hiring Monty Williams was .29

Last year in his first season Monty got them to .46 and this year they are the 4 seed in the west. 

People though they gave up a lot to get Mikal Bridges, but he's really come around. .623 eFG and outstanding perimeter defense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LMAO . . .  come on now.  I know you didn't type that with a straight face.  You had to be LOL to yourself when you typed that.

Yeah it’s very overblown...Trae protects these guys offensively on most nights. Who’s to say Trae doesn’t have tired legs offensively.

Supes is fed up that’s all it is. I’d much rather we do something about Pierce before making big roster moves 

• Like 2