• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat (Sunday)

lethalweapon3

All this shit talking about Trae has to chill.  Dude obviously was missing his vertical burst.  

That lob at the end of the game was freaking terrible but for him to have a bad shooting game might not totally be on him. He was on the injury report.  Maybe playing Mays a little more would have been the better move. But LP is LP.

Also, why in the hell is Knight never active... Give the mf mins damnit!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, hylndr11 said:

Trae does not have the bbiq y'all think he does I get it your invested, when we get another coach which will be sooner than later ur not going to see a change really for a bit till teams adjust, it'd.not just his bbiq also his size , yes we need other players around him but we just apparently won free agency and made most improvements to our team but it's not that tangible even without injuries your going to see trae do what he does 

I'm starting to wonder about that myself

29 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He just ain't a good fit with Trae. He didn't look bad at all when he was playing with Rondo and em. It's easy when you are the clear #3 option but with Cap, it's clear he's the #4 option and he needs constant touches and quality touches. Bogi was having the same issue. That's why I keep saying, ya'll really underestimate how hard it is to built around Trae. He reminds me so much of Marbury. I don't care @AHF, you can't convince me otherwise. This dude just don't got it. It's like Marbury. He used to do this shit all of the time. 

But yet Travis selected him right after Trae...smdh. And Trae Young is who I thought he was...More of a chucker than a leader or winner("more flash than substance")..He couldnt even lead his team to NCAA tourney while leading in Points and assists..Hes a stat guy...He'll win you some games, but he'll lose you more...I hope he makes me eat my words one day...

Edited by terrell

Just now, MarylandHawk said:

Stop it bro. The man is doing things that hardly has been done throughout NBA history. We need to quit acting like these guys grow on trees. We haven't had a player like this since Nique. 

Who cares? f*** his stats. They aren't winning us shit. Marbury stats were groundbreaking for a PG his age and experience level too: https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/marbust01.html early on. 

At some point, teams realized what he was and he faded to black. My fear is that's what is happening to Young. I would love to be wrong and that this is the next Iverson but I don't see it other than flashes but who else did shit in just flashes, Marbury. The only thing consistent was his shit defense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrell said:

But yet Travis selected him right after Trae...smdh

Travis has the right mindset to draft Kevin at 19. He was the right pick. The issue is, you can't predict how hard it is to play with Trae till you play with Trae. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Trae does not have the bbiq y'all think he does I get it your invested, when we get another coach which will be sooner than later ur not going to see a change really for a bit till teams adjust, it'd.not just his bbiq also his size , yes we need other players around him but we just apparently won free agency and made most improvements to our team but it's not that tangible even without injuries your going to see trae do what he does 

There is no point hating on Trae. He is probably the best player the Hawks will ever have. We need to find a way to make it work. This game is entirely on Pierce.   I want Pierce to succeed because he deserves a shot to coach a team expected to win, but he is not adding value right now. 

9 minutes ago, AHawks89 said:

The crazy thing is Trae is doubled/tripled team the most in the NBA,  but yet, these coaches say he's not All Star worthy? Then stop double/triple teaming him. 

They say this because he’s totally unwilling and unable to offset being doubled.  It’s very simple, move off the ball into soft spots where possession-advancing passes are easier for his teammates and be a participant in effective double teams himself.  These things take grit and commitment to team, things Kendrick Nunn shows him every time they meet.

Edited by benhillboy

can someone explain what is wrong with this team, we have the players , collins is back from suspension, we have capela. and some nice role players. why are we playing like the worst team in the nba. we are 2-8 on our last 10 games. 

Im watching but i cant tell WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS TEAM THEY PISS ME OFF SO MUCH

Just now, NBASupes said:

Travis has the right mindset to draft Kevin at 19. He was the right pick. The issue is, you can't predict how hard it is to play with Trae till you play with Trae. 

It's not hard if youre a rim running big. For everyone else it seems to hard. Luka does a better job playing with wings. Look at how a high volume wing like THJr manages to play with Luka.

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Honestly, outside of Hunter, has any wing looked good playing with Trae ever? 

Baze, no. ....headless chicken Baze

Prince, no. - no handle, traded twice now

Kev, no. - inconsistent and not a good defender

Snell, no. - no handle, just a 3 point shooter

Bogi, no. - I haven't seen enough of him and Trae together

Cam, on defense yes, hell no on offense then again, hell no with anyone on offense at this stage. - he's got a looong way to go on offense, he lost his spot to Bogi, I'm now sure how you blame Trae for Cams awful shooting.

Only players who shine or overachieve offensively with Trae is bigs.  

This collection of wings don't look next to Trae because ..they just aren't that good.  Wings are supposed to be ball handlers, cutters shooters, scorers etc.  Their games aren't dependent on PGs like bigs so there is more a connection with the bigs.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

It's not hard if youre a rim running big. For everyone else it seems to hard. Luka does a better job playing with wings. Look at how a high volume wing like THJr manages to play with Luka.

THJr hits his shots, and isn't hesitant driving to the basket an getting fouled - our starting shooting guard is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Kevin was horrible defender in College..Why try to pair that up with Trae? lol.. Im not drafting ANYONE that cant play defense after drafting Trae Young.....

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I hate comparing him and Luka. I said this during the draft that Luka is much better than Trae at all IQ shit. Trae got the talent but that's where it ends. Luka knows how to play, Trae doesn't. Trae just knows about to produce. There is a f***ing difference and it's obvious to anyone watching. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

Just now, AHawks89 said:

What's the reason then? According to RealGM, he's the most unlikeable player. Why? He plays on the playground and scores with ease? 

There was a lot of competition to get in the all star game. Other players were considered more deserving, that how it goes. The reverses were Brown, Harden, Lavine, Randle, Simmons, Tatum, Vucevic. Tough to break into that group.