• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat (Sunday)

lethalweapon3

15 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Listening to Trae’s presser I am impressed he shot down any notion of being injured and said he felt good.  He’ll always come with the “shots weren’t falling” cliche though smh.  Shots are just falling more for the other team because you’re on the floor.

Trae was +9 tonight, by the way.

Heat shot 11 - 37 from 3, but made some big ones down the stretch.

We missed all of ours, except the Collins 3 in the corner.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Trae was better at getting to the cup last year. 

He was playing ok minus the turnovers up until that point.  He was going downhill and getting fouled which got us back into the game and then those two plays happened.  Don't get it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

When you play alongside better players, where the burden of every offensive set does not fall all to him - it makes a big difference.  He knows he can, but he doesn't have to - so he can play free-er.

type in 'player comparison' in the search box

Really? That's it? When I got in arguments with my boss, I always tried to pull up stats to prove my points HA. Thank you! 🙂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Stop comparing stats, I am talking impact. Today's NBA and his NBA aren't the same. Grant Hill shot like shit in the NBA his first couple of seasons. I am pretty sure we would take him over most wings in the NBA today regardless of that. 

A lot of that has to do with legs, we burn a lot of energy protecting Trae. Especially the wings. 

I know right. FG%, 3P%, and FT% were never important in the olden days. You are such a hater man. Of course you don't want anyone to compare stats. Marbury's don't hold water next to Trae.

Now go reminiscence about when you thought Horford would be better than Malone. You got that one bad wrong. You are getting this one just as wrong.

• Haha 1

Iso Joe is better than Trae

Horford is way better than Trae

Smoove is as impactful as Trae

Teague is as impactful as Trae. Trae is a million times more talented but Jeff was consistent and became a pretty good two way PG in his prime. 

Sap is better than Trae

Smitty is better than Trae

Deke is better than Trae

Mookie is better than Trae

Nique is WAY better than Trae

Doc is as impactful as Trae

Pistol and Trae are similar. 

Hudson is better than Trae.

Lenny is better than Trae.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

No. They will trade us some bullshit for him. I'll rather deal with him and hope we can resign him and by his 2nd contract, we will know who we are building around and maybe he might have a bigger role with our new core. Kevin is proving to us he's not a core piece but he's still a valuable one. 

I don't know who the core pieces are anymore..Like you said, Huerter definitely aint it. Bogi? Is he a starter or a bench guy?..And Ive always been skeptical on Trae as a winning player(but we all know he isnt going anywhere unless Travis gets fired)....I love Hunter, but he still has more to prove. He's definitely my favorite Hawk..Im iffy on Collins. Id like to keep him. Hes a good player, but not a max player.. Cam is a mystery but not untouchable imo. I hope he can develop into a player..But He's Always nicked up....Love Capela, I just wish he had an offensive game..No clue about OO, because LP refuses to play him..smh

• Premium Member

LP has no offensive creativity.

• No high low action
  • No backdoor cutting, or any cutting outside of Cam
  • No pindowns for easy midrange shots
  • No consistent postups for JC

Imagine if a prime Kyle Korver was on this team. He'd either be camped in the corner or trying to run pick and rolls. Smh.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Teague is as impactful as Trae. Trae is a million times more talented but Jeff was consistent and became a pretty good two way PG in his prime. 

Sap is better than Trae

Deke is better than Trae

:laugh1:....where all the Rings at?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Sap is better than Trae

Deke is better than Trae

D-mn Supes! He is just a kid. lighten up a little

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I know right. FG%, 3P%, and FT% were never important in the olden days. You are such a hater man. Of course you don't want anyone to compare stats. Marbury's don't hold water next to Trae.

Now go reminiscence about when you thought Horford would be better than Malone. You got that one bad wrong. You are getting this one just as wrong.

I don't gotten f***ing reminiscence, it's obvious if you understood all aspects of the game and impact in general. But of course you would be impressed with spamming the elbow PnR like the Jazz did in the 80s/90s under Jerry Sloan. 

18 minutes ago, hawkzlova123 said:

makes sense................... why arent they playing harder

Maybe they are playing hard, but just aren't athletic to get the job done.

• Snell isn't an athlete
  • Solo tries, but can he even dunk?
  • Gallo . . . lol.  He may be the worst defender in Hawks history
  • Okongwu has proven to at least be an active body in the paint
  • Mays is decent on defense
  • Goodwin is also decent on defense
  • Rondo looks OLD
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Sap is better than Trae

Deke is better than Trae

Hawks had their most best season under a good coach. LP is a bigger problem than Trae.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Trae can't even make the playoffs, f*** we talking about rings. 

This makes no sense.

How long did it take ISO Joe to get to the playoffs with the Hawks? Let's start there?

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

I don't know who the core pieces are anymore..Like you said, Huerter definitely aint it. Bogi? Is he a starter or a bench guy?..And Ive always been skeptical on Trae as a winning player(but we all know he isnt going anywhere unless Travis gets fired)....I love Hunter, but he still has more to prove. He's definitely my favorite Hawk..Im iffy on Collins. Id like to keep him. Hes a good player, but not a max player.. Cam is a mystery but not untouchable imo. I hope he can develop into a player..But He's Always nicked up....Love Capela, I just wish he had an offensive game..No clue about OO, because LP refuses to play him..smh

Ain't no one on this roster untouchable but if people want to give us bullshit like D. Graham and trash like that for someone good like Collins, who the f*** can we trade for value? No one. People treating Collins like he's f***ing injured Capela. I'll trade you trade zebra chews and a cup of f***ing solos. We can't trade nobody. We like Chicago. I was hoping we wasn't f***ing Chicago. 

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

This makes no sense.

How long did it take ISO Joe to get to the playoffs with the Hawks? Let's start there?

Our most recent years, we made it further than ever WITHOUT Joe. Not telling you this, but Supes this 

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, terrell said:

He led College in scoring and assists too..Didnt amount to winning..

It does amount to winning. He had that team in contention when it hadn't been for ages.  It didn't come crashing down until teams double and triple teamed him EVERY time down and he still had a chance to take that team to the tourney. I understand people are mad at the losing but you have to remember we are coming off rebuilding mode. When the GM of the team says he doesn't think we will win more than 31 games, you cant blame Trae for the record. 

• Like 1