• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat (Sunday)

lethalweapon3

Trae didn’t do good tonight but regardless we keep losing games the same way. This team can’t score consistently and when defenses are trapping Trae they still look loss. It’s getting old.

trae and collins need to figure out how to make themselves better in fourth quarters down the stretch and LP need to figure out how to put Trae and collins in better scoring situations when we really need those pts.

Hunter will help out a lot of this once he returns healthy but we are likely still to see issues. I really hate LPs offense 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If Trae is struggling, there is no one to CONSISTENLY step up to take over.  Heurter played well in the 1st then disappeared the rest of the game.  Collins had a monster 3rd then nothing in the 4th, like they forgot about him.  

He struggles when anyone guards him

30 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Hawks tryin to do something they've RARELY done in the last 2 seasons.....win a game without Trae scoring 25+ pts. Can they pull it off?

No

Hate it or love it, we do not need to trade anyone. We are set at our 1, 3, 4, & 5. Crazy is media is starting rumors that we need to trade Collins. (doesnt surprise me) I hope and belive that's complete BS. We're just missing a 2 now. Let us grow and build chemistry. We will be there very soon. Stay positive folks. We're on the way.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, REHawksFan said:

I'm not sure why you keep harping on this. The Hawks don't win unless Trae scores. Whether he's not scoring because he's off shooting or because he's not taking shots, the end result is still the same.

The coaches do him no favors in helping him get easier looks. But it's still up to him to score. When he doesn't, they lose. What more do you want to hear? 

Is there any link to his turnovers?

I am with ya'll, if LP is replaced by McMillian by ASB. I don't have an issue with it. I just know, Trae being our it guy is also on the line as well. If we can land a top 5 pick, I think I would simply run it back but I am no longer looking at Trae like I look at him. He's moving into D. Russell lane for me. No longer is he looking like a kid with legit star potential. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The thing is, I am not sure this is Trae's fault or LPs. Trae did look good with Cam under McMillian. 

This man. He did look good under Nate, because he actually coached him IN GAME! He pulled Trae when he did silly stuff! Took him to the side and coached him up... During the duration of this season, I've YET to see LP do this freaking once! 

It's Dan Quinn all over again... Nice guy, shit coach... No more NICE COACHES!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Trae didn’t do good tonight but regardless we keep losing games the same way. This team can’t score consistently and when defenses are trapping Trae they still look loss. It’s getting old.

trae and collins need to figure out how to make themselves better in fourth quarters down the stretch and LP need to figure out how to put Trae and collins in better scoring situations when we really need those pts.

Hunter will help out a lot of this once he returns healthy but we are likely still to see issues. I really hate LPs offense 

They were trapping everyone most of the 2nd half. Shit didn't start looking goofy till Trae came back in the game. 

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Huerter was comfortably coming off the bench before the injuries forced him into starting. Nothing to be done until they are back.

Snell as the SG, smh - that's a big no........ Snell cannot dribble, it would be hell against a press. Gallo starting at SF? yeeech.  He was 2-10, 0-7 from 3.  Kevin rebounds and out assists Gallo.

Dude i know that lineup is 100% pure trash trust me it was more so of a get huerter out of my sight thing and do whatever it takes for me not have to see him with Trae anymore.  We losing anyways atleast this way i don't suffer XD

Edited by Threezus

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Which is yet another reason we need to move on 

Stop it. Trae ain't going no where. What more can you ask of that man. We need some better coaching and better role play. Also, Schlenk and the medical staff does not get a pass either. They are ultra conservative with these players injuries. Bogi is begging to come back and Dre had a knee scope and they want to keep him out for 10 weeks.   They are sabotaging the team. 

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Is there any link to his turnovers?

He avg fewer TOs in the games they win but not by much. I think it's less than 1 TO difference.  He also avg fewer ast in the games they win. His ast-to ratio is identical in wind and losses.

So, no. There not really a huge link between tos and win/loss. TBH he turns it over a ton in both.

Kendrick Nunn with 36 stat points in 33 minutes and no turnovers, Gabe Vincent (who?) rides his hustle to a +16.  Combine that with John and Capela beasting and still losing by 10 to a team missing its best player, it illustrates we just have one of the saddest guard batteries right now.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am with ya'll, if LP is replaced by McMillian by ASB. I don't have an issue with it. I just know, Trae being our it guy is also on the line as well. If we can land a top 5 pick, I think I would simply run it back but I am no longer looking at Trae like I look at him. He's moving into D. Russell lane for me. No longer is he looking like a kid with legit star potential. 

Stop it bro. The man is doing things that hardly has been done throughout NBA history. We need to quit acting like these guys grow on trees. We haven't had a player like this since Nique. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Stop it. Trae ain't going no where. What more can you ask of that man. We need some better coaching and better role play. Also, Schlenk and the medical staff does not get a pass either. They are ultra conservative with these players injuries. Bogi is begging to come back and Dre had a knee scope and they want to keep him out for 10 weeks.   They are sabotaging the team. 

It's obvious, he ain't going no where but he's moving further and further from our obvious franchise player. He's looking like our best player but in a D. Russell way. Not Allen Iverson way. If this continues, Trae might still be maxed for the rookie ext but he might not be the one we are building around anymore. If we land Cade, Evan, Johnathan, Jalen, or Suggs, we might need to start moving in a different direction as a franchise. 

Trae is still my guy but he's quickly moving into Marbury estates. 

• Like 1

Trae does not have the bbiq y'all think he does I get it your invested, when we get another coach which will be sooner than later ur not going to see a change really for a bit till teams adjust, it'd.not just his bbiq also his size , yes we need other players around him but we just apparently won free agency and made most improvements to our team but it's not that tangible even without injuries your going to see trae do what he does 

• Like 1