• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat (Sunday)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

If Trae is struggling, there is no one to CONSISTENLY step up to take over.  Heurter played well in the 1st then disappeared the rest of the game.  Collins had a monster 3rd then nothing in the 4th, like they forgot about him.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, outside of Hunter, has any wing looked good playing with Trae ever? 

Baze, no. 

Prince, no. 

Kev, no. 

Snell, no. 

Bogi, no. 

Cam, on defense yes, hell no on offense then again, hell no with anyone on offense at this stage. 

Only players who shine or overachieve offensively with Trae is bigs.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gHost83 said:

May? 😂😂😂. Team is completely out of games without amazing individual performances from players man.  Sign of a team without direction or strategy.

We have to be red hot, and they have to be ice cold. We cant grind out a win to save our lives.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Huerter should be coming off the bench. - that's where he fits best for what he does  But there are more players I would trade before I get to Huerter.

I would have to agree on other players Rondo being a for sure one Huerter is the one that pisses me off the most though.  When he messes up it's always in a clutch time or it's so noticeable bc he gets absolutely destroyed by someone or as said misses shots that are wide open by 10 ft.  When it seems any other team we play those shots are almost automatic lol.   I know he's not that garbage but he just pisses me off more than the rest because i know he can be better and he keeps crapping the bed over and over again.   Cam is the same player for me as im a Duke fan and a huge Cam fan so his pissing me off when he fails make me more mad than most as well.

2 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

There is no way we should be losing these types of games. Even without all our players. 

Our role players are not up to par.

Gallo:  2- 10 FG . . 0 - 7 3FG . . . 6 pts . . played 19 minutes . . ( -18 ) for the game

Solo:  0 - 1 FG . . . but he provides defense . . . 0 pts . . played 18 minutes . . ( -19 ) for the game

Rondo:  1 - 4 FG . . . regular season Rondo SUCKS . . . 3 pts . . played 12 minutes . . . ( -17 ) for the game

Huerter:  5 - 13 FG . . . 1 - 9 3FG . . . ( -2 ) for the game . . . only starter that was minus on the floor

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Questions for coach Lloyd:

Sarah Spencer: Coach how did you adjust to get back in the game and then how did it slip away.

Lloyd: Wait, we lost? Oh well we needed ONE MORE STOP 🛑. But we had our lucky black unis on tonight so we looked sharp there. 

Sarah: Coach, you were wearing red tonight. 😶 

Just now, NBASupes said:

Baze, no. 

Prince, no. 

Kev, no. 

Snell, no. 

Bogi, no. 

Cam, on defense yes, hell no on offense then again, hell no with anyone on offense at this stage. 

Bogi is still on the team?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Baze, no. 

Prince, no. 

Kev, no. 

Snell, no. 

Bogi, no. 

Which is yet another reason we need to move on 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Baze, no. 

Prince, no. 

Kev, no. 

Snell, no. 

Bogi, no. 

Wings and Trae are like oil and water. 

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Gallo:  2- 10 FG . . 0 - 7 3FG . . . 6 pts . . played 19 minutes . . ( -18 ) for the game

Solo:  0 - 1 FG . . . but he provides defense . . . 0 pts . . played 18 minutes . . ( -19 ) for the game

Rondo:  1 - 4 FG . . . regular season Rondo SUCKS . . . 3 pts . . played 12 minutes . . . ( -17 ) for the game

Huerter:  5 - 13 FG . . . 1 - 9 3FG . . . ( -2 ) for the game . . . only starter that was minus on the floor

That's not new. That's been a running theme since Bud left. 

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I should've written that Solo comment in bold green italics . . . to represent sarcasm.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Then we need to regulate him to 2nd string only and at most play him with maybe 5 minutes a game with Trae if need be for foul reasons.  If that means you run a lineup of  Trae, Snell, Gallo, Collins Capela then so be it until  Bogi or Cam come back but im tired of seeing him be terrible on offense and defense.  Atleast cam could provide some defense when he struggles with offense.

Huerter was comfortably coming off the bench before the injuries forced him into starting. Nothing to be done until they are back.

Snell as the SG, smh - that's a big no........ Snell cannot dribble, it would be hell against a press. Gallo starting at SF? yeeech.  He was 2-10, 0-7 from 3.  Kevin rebounds and out assists Gallo.

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I mean the Trae apologist have at least say something about Trae's bad game other than the coach's told him not to score 50 tonight

I'm not sure why you keep harping on this. The Hawks don't win unless Trae scores. Whether he's not scoring because he's off shooting or because he's not taking shots, the end result is still the same.

The coaches do him no favors in helping him get easier looks. But it's still up to him to score. When he doesn't, they lose. What more do you want to hear? 

• Like 3