• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat (Sunday)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Trae had a bad game, but I would like to see the team play with a different coach before labeling him the problem. Prior to Monty Williams joining the Suns, they were poor with Booker. Their bubble performance and current play are a testament to having a legit coach with your star player. Same with Utah and Snyder.

I like LP as a person, but he has no excuses. Regardless of injuries his system has an over reliance on the individual brilliance each player brings and he does nothing to exploit their gravity or make life easier for them. 

Watching Solo and Gallo play the PF and C made me sick.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We literally lost our last game on Friday to a team that only had one guy who can dribble but we are always crying about another dribble guy when Kevin ain't that bad at it. Then we added Bogi who's good at it and he stunk with Trae and most of his effective mins are off the pine with Gallo and Kev. Ya'll don't realize it but Trae is James Harden without being no where as good as James Harden. That's why I call him Marbury. Marbury had some amazing traits but he didn't impact games like the metrics was saying. As he got older, we realized what he was. 

I call him Mini Harden...

Edited by terrell

3 minutes ago, AHawks89 said:

When the NBA was out of commission, I watched a lot of basketball youtube vidoes. A guy I picked up was a D3 star named D'Vontay Friga. He talked a lot of s#&t and mostly backed it up on the courts. Very fun to watch. I don;t understand the Trae hate. He's fun to watch. We all wanted this type of player for the Hawks. As I mentioned before, I like our team better now than the Bibby, Joe, Marvin, Josh, & Horford team. We're young and growing. Hunter is the "keystone". We'll be there folks. 

That team was easy to dislike. It was boring, we played horrible offensive basketball, the team didn't fit offensively, and we did a lot of boneheaded shit. But that team had A LOT more two way players than this one. A lot more. Now, maybe Hunter being out is heavily impacting that but that team had Smoove, Iso, Marvin while not good at being two way was still two way, Horford, considering the rest of the league, we had the most two way players at that time. This team, loaded with one way guys or guys we are hoping become more like Reddish or Okongwu. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AHawks89 said:

When the NBA was out of commission, I watched a lot of basketball youtube vidoes. A guy I picked up was a D3 star named D'Vontay Friga. He talked a lot of s#&t and mostly backed it up on the courts. Very fun to watch. I don;t understand the Trae hate. He's fun to watch. We all wanted this type of player for the Hawks. As I mentioned before, I like our team better now than the Bibby, Joe, Marvin, Josh, & Horford team. We're young and growing. Hunter is the "keystone". We'll be there folks. 

Fun to watch gets old if you cant win..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Trade him to LA then....lol

No. They will trade us some bullshit for him. I'll rather deal with him and hope we can resign him and by his 2nd contract, we will know who we are building around and maybe he might have a bigger role with our new core. Kevin is proving to us he's not a core piece but he's still a valuable one. 

3 minutes ago, AHawks89 said:

I'll take Trae as my PG over any of these guys. Dude is the best passer in the NBA and COULD score any time if he wanted to. Yes, his defense may be trash but he has stepped up his defense a lot. What is the best stat to look up defense ratings? Honest question haha. 

Well the only other point guard on that list is Harden. But Check out Harden's numbers since joining Brooklyn, he's playing out of his mind right now.

8 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Trae has played three seasons. Of those three, only his rookie season was worse than Marbury's best scoring season.

Marbury's Best:

23.9/7.6/3.1 Shooting splits: .441/.328/.790

Comparing someone who may one day lead the league in scoring and assist to Starbury is a borderline troll post. I won't be forgetting it anytime soon.

He led College in scoring and assists too..Didnt amount to winning..

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We literally lost our last game on Friday to a team that only had one guy who can dribble but we are always crying about another dribble guy when Kevin ain't that bad at it. 

OKC only has one dribbler? SGA, Maledon, Dort...I can keep going.  Seems like everyone of their players were able to drive the paint off a quick 1st step....we don't have guys that can do that.  Kevin can but he doesn't have a quick 1st step and he's not CONSISTENT and will disappear and Cam can't dribble.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That team was easy to dislike. It was boring, we played horrible offensive basketball, the team didn't fit offensively, and we did a lot of boneheaded shit. But that team had A LOT more two way players than this one. A lot more. Now, maybe Hunter being out is heavily impacting that but that team had Smoove, Iso, Marvin while not good at being two way was still two way, Horford, considering the rest of the league, we had the most two way players at that time. This team, loaded with one way guys or guys we are hoping become more like Reddish or Okongwu. 

You have a good point. Marvin, Josh, and even Horford were 2 way players. Not sure if if you remember me 10 years ago (geeze, we're getting old), I was the biggest Josh Smith fan LOL. He was so talented but so boneheaded. UGH

15 minutes ago, hawkzlova123 said:

can someone explain what is wrong with this team, we have the players , collins is back from suspension, we have capela. and some nice role players. why are we playing like the worst team in the nba. we are 2-8 on our last 10 games. 

Im watching but i cant tell WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS TEAM THEY PISS ME OFF SO MUCH

We don't have the players.  That's part of the problem.

Our top 3 wings are out ( Hunter, Reddish, Bogi ) 

Our #4 wing ( Huerter ) is good, but didn't knock down open shots tonight. 

Our #5 wing is Snell, who can shoot the 3, but do very little else.   

Our #6 wing is Solomon Hill, who is a non-factor offensively and barely credible defensively.

We got a 2-way player ( Mays ) in our main rotation, a wing playing PG. 

• Like 3

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

OKC only has one dribbler? SGA, Maledon, Dort...I can keep going.  Seems like everyone of their players were able to drive the paint off a quick 1st step....we don't have guys that can do that.  Kevin can but he doesn't have a quick 1st step and he's not CONSISTENT and will disappear and Cam can't dribble.  

Dort, LMAO, stop it. Maledon can dribble but he's trash half the time. Doing good against our backcourt with Trae/Kevin is easy for any guards. Even Killian Hayes was killing us with Trae. 

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We miss wide open threes. WTH. 

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

There is no point hating on Trae. He is probably the best player the Hawks will ever have. We need to find a way to make it work. This game is entirely on Pierce.   I want Pierce to succeed because he deserves a shot to coach a team expected to win, but he is not adding value right now. 

Not hating but I do want to get back to the point of when the game is on the line, Trae will often time do things to lose the game.  In this game when tied at 95-95 Trae took an out of rythym 30 something footer early in the shot clock. We get a stop on the other end and then on the very next possession, Trae has an egregious turnover throwing a lob to John who was covered by two players.  These kind of plays will lose games.  Trae has not been good in the 4th quarter of games this year.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Trae has played three seasons. Of those three, only his rookie season was worse than Marbury's best scoring season.

Marbury's Best:

23.9/7.6/3.1 Shooting splits: .441/.328/.790

Comparing someone who may one day lead the league in scoring and assist to Starbury is a borderline troll post. I won't be forgetting it anytime soon.

Stop comparing stats, I am talking impact. Today's NBA and his NBA aren't the same. Grant Hill shot like shit in the NBA his first couple of seasons. I am pretty sure we would take him over most wings in the NBA today regardless of that. 

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

We miss wide open threes. WTH. 

A lot of that has to do with legs, we burn a lot of energy protecting Trae. Especially the wings. 

Edited by NBASupes

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Well the only other point guard on that list is Harden. But Check out Harden's numbers since joining Brooklyn, he's playing out of his mind right now.

I've always wondered how to compare players on basketball-reference.

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Not hating but I do want to get back to the point of when the game is on the line, Trae will often time do things to lose the game.  In this game when tied at 95-95 Trae took an out of rythym 30 something footer early in the shot clock. We get a stop on the other end and then on the very next possession, Trae has an egregious turnover throwing a lob to John who was covered by two players.  These kind of plays will lose games.  Trae has not been good in the 4th quarter of games this year.

Trae was better at getting to the cup last year. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

When you play alongside better players, where the burden of every offensive set does not fall all to him - it makes a big difference.  He knows he can, but he doesn't have to - so he can play free-er.

1 minute ago, AHawks89 said:

I've always wondered how to compare players on basketball-reference.

type in 'player comparison' in the search box

• Like 2