• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat (Sunday)

lethalweapon3

15 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Hawks had their most best season under a good coach. LP is a bigger problem than Trae.

Yeah I definitely wanna see Trae with a better Coach before I give up on him..LP is horrible..

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

TOM THIBODEAU has the KNICKS as a 4 seed. Say what you want about him, but he's a proven coach. LP may be a solid developmental coach and a great community guy, but he's shown that he's not the guy to get this team over the hump.

Edited by aali34

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There's a difference between being the guy and playing a role which Joe was in Phoenix.  He was never ISO Joe until the Hawks - so again - failed comparison.

Joe was the 4th guy on that team.  They didn’t even want to keep him - just wanted to get something for him because they didn’t prioritize him relative to their top 3 guys.  
There is no comparison between what Joe was asked to do and what Trae is asked to do.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Man stop it. He was just a piece as a rookie but as a vet, he was one of the best players in the NBA. Easily. Everything ain't about raw stats. Horford is an impact superstar. While Trae is your favorite ride at Six Flags. Fast, uneven, exciting, and short. Ya'll ball watch more than Trae. That's why ya'll always underestimating the most winningest Atlanta Hawk of All Time. Put some respect on Al's name. 

Supes, I love you but No 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Again, that’s where the coaching comes in. DESIGN plays to go inside the paint. Every shot needs to be in the paint looking for fouls.

Actually McMillan was doing exactly this^^^^  but it went unnoticed by the majority of the LP fans.  They claimed the Nate didn't change a thing.

• Moderators
Just now, aali34 said:

TOM THIBODEAU has the KNICKS as a 4 seed. Say what you want about him, but he's a proven coach. LP may have be a solid developmental coach and a great community guy, but he's shown that he's not the guy to get this team over the hump.

I can’t argue with this.  We have to make a move if we can land someone like Thibs.  Even if we can’t, this feels like the end of LP’s run with the team.  He isn’t making an impact.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LMAO . . .  come on now.  I know you didn't type that with a straight face.  You had to be LOL to yourself when you typed that.

LOL...Don't worry, he'll see this in the light of the morning and wonder WTH did I write.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ain't no one on this roster untouchable but if people want to give us bullshit like D. Graham and trash like that for someone good like Collins, who the f*** can we trade for value? No one. People treating Collins like he's f***ing injured Capela. I'll trade you trade zebra chews and a cup of f***ing solos. We can't trade nobody. We like Chicago. I was hoping we wasn't f***ing Chicago. 

Bulls are better than us right now..Sad

1 minute ago, aali34 said:

TOM THIBODEAU has the KNICKS as a 4 seed. Say what you want about him, but he's a proven coach. LP may be a solid developmental coach and a great community guy, but he's shown that he's not the guy to get this team over the hump.

Thibs is a damn good coach. Im not sure he's be the right coach for Trae though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LMAO . . .  come on now.  I know you didn't type that with a straight face.  You had to be LOL to yourself when you typed that.

You keep acting like Trae isn't complete ass on defense when everyone sees it. He might have a game or two where there is improvement but more times than not, he's the worst defender in the NBA by a mile. He defends like Jamal Crawford but if Jamal was much shorter with a much smaller wingspan. Everyone in the NBA universe sees this. Everyone! The dude is ass on defense. He's always out of position. Doesn't communicate much. Consistently missing assignments, Cam be ready to choke his bitchass. Kevin don't even like being on the same side of the court on D as Trae. You don't see this bullshit! Everyone on Reddit see it. Everyone. I always see it. LP sees it. Nate sees it. We all do. This site ball watch too much or at least make excuses. Ya'll can't convince me this kid is more than what he is. I see him every game doing the same shit on defense. The same shit!

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I know...They don't want to see it for what it is for some reason.  The same guy was blaming Collins for not demanding the ball.  The default button with this fan base is to have a favorite and blame everyone else for the problem except their favorite.  At one point even LP was a favorite!  LOL!

I don’t think anyone in here has a problem blaming Trae . He sucked ass tonight however the biggest issue all season long has been Pierce .

we can blame Trae tonight but it’s not like Trae hasn’t had good games and we still lose same goes for collins and others . Pierce is the biggest issue right now and until he’s replaced there’s not much you can really point fingers at. We been losing down the stretch on games even when Trae can make some shots down the stretch. We lose or get down big in games the same way ....that’s a coaching issue .

I just want this roster to get a shot at having a more seasoned coach before any huge roster moves take place 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Bulls are better than us right now..Sad

I don't even mean record wise, I mean having a bunch of young guys you can't trade because their value is far lower than the amount you would need to even consider a deal. So basically you locked in with them till their rookie contract ends and even then, you may keep them because you don't want to lose them for nothing. 

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

Thibs is a damn good coach. Im not sure he's be the right coach for Trae though.

I consider him and Nate to be around the same tier. Guys that have been to the playoffs consistently and get alot out of their players, but also have flaws that have hurt them. Thibbs is known to overplay his guys and Nate has been criticized for not having a more "modern" nba offense.

Still better than LP though.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JTB said:

I don’t think anyone in here has a problem blaming Trae . He sucked ass tonight however the biggest issue all season long has been Pierce .

we can blame Trae tonight but it’s not like Trae hasn’t had good games and we still lose same goes for collins and others . Pierce is the biggest issue right now and until he’s replaced there’s not much you can really point fingers at. We been losing down the stretch on games even when Trae can make some shots down the stretch. We lose or get down big in games the same way ....that’s a coaching issue .

I just want this roster to get a shot at having a more seasoned coach before any huge roster moves take place 

You do know that you are talking to the author of the coaching thread right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I can’t argue with this.  We have to make a move if we can land someone like Thibs.  Even if we can’t, this feels like the end of LP’s run with the team.  He isn’t making an impact.

Some guys are just better developers than in game coaches. Coaching in a game you gotta be fast on your feet and also intuitive. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Who is? D"Antoni? Imagine our defense..lol.But seriously, I dont know who the right coach is tbh..

Edited by terrell

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Iso Joe is better than Trae . . . . I loved Joe, but this is a lie

Horford is way better than Trae . . . . Double Lie

Smoove is as impactful as Trae . . . . Trae's offense > Smoove's defense

Teague is as impactful as Trae. Trae is a million times more talented but Jeff was consistent and became a pretty good two way PG in his prime.  . . . . Lighting strike Lie

Sap is better than Trae . . . Sap had few weaknesses

Smitty is better than Trae . . . smoother than Trae

Deke is better than Trae . . OK

Mookie is better than Trae . . Mookie Sellout? I don't know about that

Nique is WAY better than Trae . . Obviously

Doc is as impactful as Trae . . Not as impactful, but knew how to play with superstars

Pistol and Trae are similar . . entertainment wise, yes

Hudson is better than Trae . .  pure scoring guard

Lenny is better than Trae. . . . hall of famer

Iso Joe is better than Trae . . . . I loved Joe, but this is a lie

Horford is way better than Trae . . . . Double Lie

Smoove is as impactful as Trae . . . . Trae's offense > Smoove's defense

Teague is as impactful as Trae. Trae is a million times more talented but Jeff was consistent and became a pretty good two way PG in his prime.  . . . . Lighting strike Lie

Sap is better than Trae . . . Sap had few weaknesses

Smitty is better than Trae . . . smoother than Trae

Deke is better than Trae . . OK

Mookie is better than Trae . . Mookie Sellout? I don't know about that

Nique is WAY better than Trae . . Obviously

Doc is as impactful as Trae . . Not as impactful, but knew how to play with superstars

Pistol and Trae are similar . . entertainment wise, yes

Hudson is better than Trae . .  pure scoring guard

Lenny is better than Trae. . . . hall of famer

• Thanks 1