• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Magic

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

As awful as we are today without Capela, remember that LP was benching Capela for shits and giggles 

Bruno has been abysmal lol, so has 

Okonguw 

That's only because you watch offense, and don't pay attention to defense.

If I laid out Vucevic's offensive possessions with Bruno on him, and you don't see value in that, then I don't know what to tell you.

Put it like this.  Bruno's 2 turnovers and the miss that Vucevic got a finger on and blocked, are 3 negative plays by Bruno.

But Bruno turned around and help force a turnover and 4 missed shots by Vucevic,

Positive Bruno plays = 5

Negative Bruno plays = 3

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If I laid out Vucevic's offensive possessions with Bruno on him, and you don't see value in that, then I don't know what to tell you.

Put it like this.  Bruno's 2 turnovers and the miss that Vucevic got a finger on and blocked, are 3 negative plays by Bruno.

But Bruno turned around and help force a turnover and 4 missed shots by Vucevic,

Positive Bruno plays = 5

Negative Bruno plays = 3

Lol, I said the same about you when I was talking about Hawks better than Trae like Joe, easily Al, and other greats

Just now, NBASupes said:

Lol, I said the same about you when I was talking about Hawks better than Trae like Joe, easily Al, and other greats

Trae is statistically a borderline elite offensive player, with the way he can shoot + get points at the FT line.  Trae's defense isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be.  Part of Trae's defense is his ability to rebound the basketball, which he does decently for a person his size.

#3 on Collins.

• Like 1

Just now, Spud2nique said:

You sound like kg standing up for LP. Wow.

Please Okongwu not Bruno..

Nope.  Just stating the facts of the game.

When Bruno made a mistake under LP, he was immediately pulled out of the game.  But for players to get better, you have to let them play through it. Especially if they aren't killing you overall on the floor.

I'm not against playing Okongwu before Bruno.  But I know for a fact that in this game, Bruno is the better option to go up against Vucevic, because of his man defense and rebounding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Positive Bruno plays = 5

Negative Bruno plays = 3

I agree that Bruno alters shots on defense  at the rim. But you are stretching things to credit Bruno on the missed 3s. Vuc had space on both and just missed. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We need Bogi to really carry this team when Trae goes out.  Somebody has to score when he exits the game.

Collins will probably come back in close to the end of the 3rd, or maybe Nate holds him out until the start of the 4th.

Same ole tired song!

• Like 1