Official Game Thread: Hawks at Magic

lethalweapon3

Bruno in 4:31 minutes of play:

1 - 2 FG

2 pts

4 rebs

2 TOs 

-2 on the floor

Fans go crazy because of his offensive miscues, but completely missed his impact on the defensive end.

Magic only score 8 points in those 5 minutes ( 4 of them in the final 30 seconds ).

Unfortunately, the Hawks only score 6 points during that span.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hawkman said:

Nate has to give Knight some minutes in the second half or I'm giving him the side eye.

Should've fired the other assistants too. They must be giving him  input..smh

3 minutes ago, hazer said:

Factual stats aren’t excuses 😉 

And that's what I just gave you with my last post.  Factual stats.

Bruno barely played in the game, and already leads the Hawks in rebounds, and played much better defense than any big we had in the game.  Those are facts.

We're going to get blown out if people don't really try to pressure Vucevic, and stop sending double teams at him, leaving shooters open.  Okongwu should start to save Gallo and Collins from picking up fouls trying to guard Vucevic.  Bruno should play in between quarters.  Then hopefully we're close enough at the end so that Nate can insert the correct lineup.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What's the 2nd half adjustments look like?

Play Knight, do not put Gallo at the 5. I wouldn't put Collins at the 5 either. Big O and Knight should be the only 5s playing.  Trae needs to give MCW space and dare him to shoot.  Huerter needs to be aggressive and get to the paint.

Also let's see what Mays has tonight. 

Edited by gHost83
  • Like 2

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

What's the 2nd half adjustments look like?

If we can cut it to10 before the 4th, we might have a chance..We're playing like we already have the break on our minds though....

• Premium Member

As awful as we are today without Capela, remember that LP was benching Capela for shits and giggles 

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And that's what I just gave you with my last post.  Factual stats.

Bruno barely played in the game, and already leads the Hawks in rebounds, and played much better defense than any big we had in the game.  Those are facts.

We're going to get blown out if people don't really try to pressure Vucevic, and stop sending double teams at him, leaving shooters open.  Okongwu should start to save Gallo and Collins from picking up fouls trying to guard Vucevic.  Bruno should play in between quarters.  Then hopefully we're close enough at the end so that Nate can insert the correct lineup.

Bruno has been abysmal lol, so has 

Okonguw 

2 minutes ago, georgia said:

Feel bad for pierce.    Hawks Gm has some answering to do.....

Zero time for offensive installs.  It's the same offense that LP was running. Let's see how they look after the break before we make any Nate/LP comparisons.

Vucevic's possessions with Bruno in the game.  Positive results for the Hawks in green.  Bad results in red.

• Bad pass turnover
  • missed a 3
  • missed a 3
  • missed a 14 footer
  • missed a 13 footer
  • made a 2 footer off of a nice pivot move

This is the type of game in which you tell Okongwu and Bruno to play as physical as possible  Vucevic, to protect John and Danilo.

But if you play the curtain defense of John and Danilo together, we're going to get blown out if those guys ( or Trae ), get red hot.