• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, terrell said:
God had my back with this one.. Be back soon

🙏🏽
#WeMove

Ankle sprains are weird. They can hurt so bad when they happen. But oftentimes they aren't actually serious injuries. High ankle sprains are the bad ones. Those can linger for months because they involve the ligaments that stabilize the tibia and fibula.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The issue is, in the playoffs, they tend to have these types of bigs. JC really needs to do us a favor and take a major paycut. 

I agree with this. The playoffs are more physical no matter the era and JC so far does not show he can hold his own on these matchups.

11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He's not. He is what he is. Offensively skilled, athletic. But he's not a physical defender, and doesn't usually hold his own in one on one battles against aggressive bigs.

I don’t know if it’s about being physical as a defender only..... it’s also about being physical mentally as well. Collins just isn’t that kind of player I get that but I just wish he’d show some fire when he starts to get punched in the mouth.

Also as far as the playoffs I think this is a pretty big deal

• Like 2

Then there’s this clown 🤡. Really, season ending or you’re prolly a Mavs fan, Warriors fan, Celts fan that hates Trae. 🤦‍♀️ Can we seriously all trash 🗑 this guy’s YouTube channel. What an A hole. This guy has 158k idiot subscribers huh.. Ugh and where does Derrick Rose get choked up? Idiot idiot idiot! 😡 

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The worst is Collins v. Giannis. 

Please tell me what player can defend Giannis 1v1? And Randle has been unstoppable lately.

Collins does have some matchup problems I agree. 

These tweener SF/PF types that are perimeter oriented enough to get him on skates are bad matchups. That's Randle and Gordon, eventually Zion who I dont think JC faced this year. If all they had was a post game, he would be fine. But because they can take him off the dribble and get him to move his feet, he gets off balance and loses his base which makes it look like he is getting bullied. But lets keep it a buck, Randle got a lot of points off of jumpshots and fade aways that were well contested. JC got out knocked down trying to draw a charge which typical gets called.

That being said, JC has done just fine overall this year. There are some bad matchups here and there, but this isnt a nightly thing.

Playoff time there is:

Durant - nobody can stop one on one

Harris- He can hold his own

Giannis- nobody can stop one on one

Randle- tough matchup, has been tough for anyone to slow down

Tatum- tough matchup on the perimeter but he can hold him down low.

Ariza- he can hold his own

Bridges/McDaniels- he can hold his own

Theis- he can hold his own

Turner- he can/has held his own

Those top 5 teams all have some tough covers for JC, but we would likely cross match if Hunter is healthy on most of them (Durant, Tatum and maybe Randle)

Elite MVP level guys aren't getting shut down 1 on 1 anyway, its about team defense. JC shines in that capacity this season.

Long story short, its a little overblown because Randle continues to go off on us. But his size isn't what did us in, it was his outside shot, which then opened up the lane for him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Julius Randle....ugh. Just can't believe this is the same guy that played for the Lakers. Remember many of us thought his stats were empty when he had them back then. Not now.

• Like 1