• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John is not stepping up like a max player should

Wurider05

11 hours ago, Carmine said:

Cuz' he's not a max player & giving him one will hamper this teams future.

That’s why it’s a conundrum.  Letting him walk with nothing in return will also hurt our future.  You don’t have fringe all stars on rookie contracts forever.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
11 minutes ago, sturt said:

Disappointed in JC, Hawks fans?

Have I got a deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal for you!?!

2021-05-10_14-58-21.png

tenor.gif?itemid=5389059

Ah geez.  are you kidding me?   Hasn't mavs win streak coincided with KP being out?   

3 hours ago, sturt said:

Disappointed in JC, Hawks fans?

Have I got a deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal for you!?!

2021-05-10_14-58-21.png

tenor.gif?itemid=5389059

Add a couple of firsts to that and yeah ok. 

On 4/27/2021 at 12:03 AM, Wurider05 said:

He is playing like one of the guys instead of being the man. There was no reason why he should not have been the best player on the floor tonight. He is far from a bad player but he can't realistically think that he is getting a max from the Hawks. 

I'm hoping he plans on giving us a discount because he wants to stay which is why he's not displaying his max level potential yet plus with the roster being so deep it's really no need. If he balled all out this season we'd be in trouble with paying him the max and keeping our core. I think maybe 120mil range would satisfy both parties.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sillent said:

I'm hoping he plans on giving us a discount because he wants to stay which is why he's not displaying his max level potential yet plus with the roster being so deep it's really no need. If he balled all out this season we'd be in trouble with paying him the max and keeping our core. I think maybe 120mil range would satisfy both parties.

What's your opinion about extending Huerter? We already know that Trae is gonna get offered that 5 year max deal as soon as the team is allowed, but should we also do the same with Huerter (for obviously less money)? I think with his play this season, he's playing him self into a 4 year/$50 million dollar extension. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

What's your opinion about extending Huerter? We already know that Trae is gonna get offered that 5 year max deal as soon as the team is allowed, but should we also do the same with Huerter (for obviously less money)? I think with his play this season, he's playing him self into a 4 year/$50 million dollar extension. 

That's a pretty reasonable contract for Kevin. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Thomas said:

With these contracts coming up really am glad Jami's hubby is cutting the checks. He seems quite willing.

I'm glad he seems willing to pay as well.  One thing having a lot of contracts on the books allows for is trades.  We got a lot of pieces right now that can be shipped off like how the Lakers traded for AD.  

I think our best way to advertise is a strong performance in the playoffs.  

The closest player we have to a max player is Capela.  Trae, Collins, Bogi, Hunter are very good players, but certainly not max level.  Capela really doesn't quite make it either.  I submit that a collection of multiple very good players trumps having a team with one or two "max" players.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Watchman said:

The closest player we have to a max player is Capela.  Trae, Collins, Bogi, Hunter are very good players, but certainly not max level.  Capela really doesn't quite make it either.  I submit that a collection of multiple very good players trumps having a team with one or two "max" players.

Trae will get a max easily. Mitchell and Fox both got maxes.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Huerter has earned his as well and if possible I would keep all the young core intact. Trae, Huerter, John, Hunter, Cam, OO, Knight, Goodwin and Mays. Our team is pretty much complete and can compete for yrs to come just from internal growth and chemistry.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Trae will get a max easily. Mitchell and Fox both got maxes.

Correct.  It is a huge no-brainer.  

2 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

Collins will get his max. The market will dictate that.  He really isn’t competing with any other free agents this year. 

I'm not certain about that.  The market didn't dictate max contracts for Sabonis, Julius Randle, Myles Turner, and Clint Capela. 

Conversely, it did drive max contracts for Pascal Siakam, Brandon Ingram and Tobias Harris.

Seems to be in a bit of a gray area to me.  I think it is going to be interesting with JC.  My personal view is we have to keep him regardless of what other teams offer.  (I would not consider a 5 year max.)

• Like 1