• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Clarifying the playoff push

thecampster

16 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Yes.   The Hawks clinch a top 5 seed if the Heat lose tonight.  Furthermore, the Celtics are locked in to the 7th seed and have nothing to play for tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

With the C's winning and the Hornets losing today, they're assured of the #7 spot.

So there is no incentive whatsoever for the Celtics to play their main guys vs the Knicks.

Kemba, Tatum, and Fournier will all DNP tomorrow.

At least we'll get to see our 2nd and 3rd team guys extended minutes tomorrow, as they prepare to go to New York for Game 1.

All true but its not official yet. You never know

• Premium Member
Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

All true but its not official yet. You never know

I agree.  But, do you really think the league will allow the Knicks to lose the 4th seed now that they have the opportunity to wrap it up?

• Premium Member

I don’t mind being the 5 seed against New York at this point. They might be overlooking us due to their regular season record against us..we win game 1 or 2, which I think we would, and it’s homecourt for us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cam1218 said:

I don’t mind being the 5 seed against New York at this point. They might be overlooking us due to their regular season record against us..we win game 1 or 2, which I think we would, and it’s homecourt for us.

The problem is game 7 is on the road. You know refs aren't giving us any calls in NYC.

Well the Hawks will have their second Southeast Division Title tonight. 

I'm still hoping for the fourth seed.  If they finish on a high note with four wins in a row and end up 5th, the Hawks controlled what they could control.  

I've been watching a lot of Knicks lately and I'm not afraid of going on the road the first two games.  It may actually be best for the young team as far as momentum if they win one or two games in NY. New York will be tough, but I believe the Hawks are tougher. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The problem is game 7 is on the road. You know refs aren't giving us any calls in NYC.

I agree with you, they won’t give us any calls. But like @REHawksFan said, don’t give them 6 games. 

8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Well the Hawks will have their second Southeast Division Title tonight. 

I'm still hoping for the fourth seed.  If they finish on a high note with four wins in a row and end up 5th, the Hawks controlled what they could control.  

I've been watching a lot of Knicks lately and I'm not afraid of going on the road the first two games.  It may actually be best for the young team as far as momentum if they win one or two games in NY. New York will be tough, but I believe the Hawks are tougher. 

I said last week that going on the road to start vs Knicks may not be a bad thing. For two young teams without a ton of playoff experience, the nerves may be big early in the series. That puts a ton of pressure on the home team to not lose home court early on. 

Plus, Hawks are just the better team. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I said last week that going on the road to start vs Knicks may not be a bad thing. For two young teams without a ton of playoff experience, the nerves may be big early in the series. That puts a ton of pressure on the home team to not lose home court early on. 

I go back and forth and naturally I want the 4th seed, but I’m feeling this too. I think the refs are going to favor NYK regardless of what game it is, and unless we win the first 2 games you are going to hear about how NYK stole homecourt. They aren’t going to beat us 6 games in a row (regular season plus games 1 and 2), so let’s go up there and steal homecourt back.

9 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Playoffs are all about match ups. I dont think those early season losses to the knicks mean that much. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Playoffs are all about match ups. I dont think those early season losses to the knicks mean that much. 

It doesn’t mean much to us, but Randle is talking about it. It does matter some regarding the mental aspect of the game.

They might not be able to grasp that we are a different team now..but it does matter that they think they are superior, the and I think we can take advantage of their false confidence. I don’t think Randle can keep hitting step back threes against us, but I’d love for him to keep trying it.

3 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

It doesn’t mean much to us, but Randle is talking about it. It does matter some regarding the mental aspect of the game.

They might not be able to grasp that we are a different team now..but it does matter that they think they are superior, the and I think we can take advantage of their false confidence. I don’t think Randle can keep hitting step back threes against us, but I’d love for him to keep trying it.

We need a better defensive game plan against him. Hopefully D Hunter is up to the task.

10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Of course they don't. But I'm not following how that's relevant to the discussion?? I may be missing something though. 

4 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

If you read the complete quote from Randal he wasn't being disrespectful to the Hawks.  He even said we were a great team, but someone put out the first part for clicks.

7 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Of course they don't. But I'm not following how that's relevant to the discussion?? I may be missing something though. 

Well seems the prevailing sentiment at large is the Knicks are favored because they went 3-0 against us.