• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Clarifying the playoff push

thecampster

8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

If you read the complete quote from Randal he wasn't being disrespectful to the Hawks.  He even said we were a great team, but someone put out the first part for clicks.

I don't think his comments were over the line. I'm more worried about the refs personally. This just feels like one of those NBA things. Big market team finally back in playoffs, home court, feel good story.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Well seems the prevailing sentiment at large is the Knicks are favored because they went 3-0 against us. 

Oh. Gotcha. Yeah I'm not buying into that line of thinking. Hawks are the better team and I don't think its particularly close as long as they are healthy. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

If you read the complete quote from Randal he wasn't being disrespectful to the Hawks.  He even said we were a great team, but someone put out the first part for clicks.

Good to know. There still might be some back hand compliments to remain humble in there with his praising of our squad, but the media does remove important parts of quotes for clicks. 

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Well seems the prevailing sentiment at large is the Knicks are favored because they went 3-0 against us. 

For me it's less about them going 3-0 and more about how we looked against them. Randle ate every game. And every game they hit big shots down the stretch while we couldn't get anything against their defense.

Its not about the names on paper, its not about the experience, it's strictly eyeball test. They looked like the better team each time they beat us.

Granted, we have our full arsenal now. Well basically anyways. We did look good before Trae went down last time. We are not the same squad that they beat. So the 3-0 goes out of the window for me. But, we need to figure something out against Randle. We need to keep it from being a close game and letting Rose get loose in the clutch. 

Im excited for the attention that this series will bring. I just want our guys to stay focused and keep their emotions in check when calls don't go their way, because they wont. 
It's Showtime ladies and gentlemen.

Well almost lol

• Like 3

Sidenote

Im actually excited about the Wizards vs Hornets game to decide 8th seed. It's almost like a bonus play in game.

If the Wizards win and get 8th, I truly think the Celtics get bounced from the playoffs. The Wiz will beat them in the 7v8. And Boston may be too frustrated and collapse in the 8th place game.

So, there is still plenty to cheer and hope for tomorrow lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

For me it's less about them going 3-0 and more about how we looked against them. Randle ate every game. And every game they hit big shots down the stretch while we couldn't get anything against their defense.

Its not about the names on paper, its not about the experience, it's strictly eyeball test. They looked like the better team each time they beat us.

Granted, we have our full arsenal now. Well basically anyways. We did look good before Trae went down last time. We are not the same squad that they beat. So the 3-0 goes out of the window for me. But, we need to figure something out against Randle. We need to keep it from being a close game and letting Rose get loose in the clutch. 

Im excited for the attention that this series will bring. I just want our guys to stay focused and keep their emotions in check when calls don't go their way, because they wont. 

Well almost lol

I'm hoping D. Hunter can be a difference maker for us. Who else on the squad could guard Randle?. He's the only guy with size, strength and length to guard him. Other defensive guys like Cam, Dunn and Solo are either injured, ineffective or out of the rotation. D. Hunt is going to have to be the guy.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Well almost lol

Yep, I agree.  The way I see it is the Knicks have been scraping their ceiling most of the season and the Hawks have been getting better and better (and healthier and healthier) throughout the season.  

• Like 1

Oh and last thing Imma say about this,

Knicks are forced to spend A LOT of extra energy to close out the season.

They just played an overtime game today and have to turn around and play a B2B with a 1pm tip off on Sunday.

They NEED to win to keep 4th, but that's a lot of wear on their squad before the playoffs. If Thibs wasn't their coach I would say they may rest some of their guys tomorrow. But I know better.

And guess what, better for us that they play a full game on a back 2 back.

Meanwhile, by the time we tip off, we could very well decide to chill tomorrow. Our last real game was against Washington. Orlando we were able to get guys rest. That's over a week of time off compared to NY who has to run through the tape to secure homecourt.

That will be a huge plus in our favor that will go under the radar.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I think we watched different games if you think the Knicks were clearly the better team in all 3 games. 

Game 1: Hawks lead most of game and were tied with 4 to play. Lose by 5 and everyone at the time screams that they blew the game.

Game 2: A struggle all game but only down 2 with 3:50 to play before Hawks give up a late run to lose by 11.

Game 3: Hawks lead nearly all game and were pulling away when Trae goes down. Hawks were up 9 at the time. End up losing in OT.

Not sure how you see the Knicks being the better team. 

One team found a way win, the other didn't. 3 different times. You say we blew leads. I say they hit big shots. They had no fear against us. They smelled blood when it was winning time.

Did you watch those 3 games and come away thinking that we were clearly and obviously better than them? If you didn't then what are we talking about?

If the team names on the jerseys were switched and we won against them in the exact same way, would you be singing the same tune in their favor?

We swept the Wizards and won the last 2 in nail biter fashion with no Beal in their lineup. Do you think there is a debate that we arent the better team than them regardless of how we did it?

It's not a negative to have respect for your opponent. This is the 4/5 matchup after all . The most competitive matchup typically in every postseason. They are not a perfect team, otherwise they'd be higher than 4. So they are beatable. If there is any mental edge in a 4/5 series its got to be head to head records. 

• Like 2

The thing I hate against the Knicks is they are the most mentally tough team with the athleticism to match us. We are soft. That said, Hunter does a great job against Barrett. R.J. has been our problem over the years. Randle will eat, I know that and he always does against us but R.J. is our killer. Thankfully Trae is healthy now. I am glad Cam is out. Cam while he's a Nets killer, he has sucked for the most part against the Knicks. 

51 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm hoping D. Hunter can be a difference maker for us. Who else on the squad could guard Randle?. He's the only guy with size, strength and length to guard him. Other defensive guys like Cam, Dunn and Solo are either injured, ineffective or out of the rotation. D. Hunt is going to have to be the guy.

You can throw Capela on Randle too.

56 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

With the exception of the last game of the season last year, Cam has struggled against the Knicks. We clearly need Hunter so we can lock down R.J. 

Our biggest issue is JC playing like a bitch against Randle. He will need to step it up. He went from a series that favored him heavily (Heat) to one that doesn't (Knicks). Capela does it thing against the Knicks, I am not worried about Clint. 

26 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

One team found a way win, the other didn't. 3 different times. You say we blew leads. I say they hit big shots. They had no fear against us. They smelled blood when it was winning time.

Did you watch those 3 games and come away thinking that we were clearly and obviously better than them? If you didn't then what are we talking about?

If the team names on the jerseys were switched and we won against them in the exact same way, would you be singing the same tune in their favor?

We swept the Wizards and won the last 2 in nail biter fashion with no Beal in their lineup. Do you think there is a debate that we arent the better team than them regardless of how we did it?

It's not a negative to have respect for your opponent. This is the 4/5 matchup after all . The most competitive matchup typically in every postseason. They are not a perfect team, otherwise they'd be higher than 4. So they are beatable. If there is any mental edge in a 4/5 series its got to be head to head records. 

The Knicks will be a tough out, but the way you frame things you seem to imply that we as Hawks fans should fear them. I don't fear the Knicks.  If your takeaway from that third game was that the Knicks were clearly the better team, then I don't know what to say.  

You were saying there was no way they'd lose to the Lakers and they did. I was saying they'd lose to the Clippers and they won. 

The Knicks very well could beat the Hawks, but I believe it'll be a tough series. The head to head goes both ways.  The Hawks can say the first two games they were a different  team under LP.  The third game they lost their offensive engine and still forced overtime. 

46 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Oh and last thing Imma say about this,

Knicks are forced to spend A LOT of extra energy to close out the season.

They just played an overtime game today and have to turn around and play a B2B with a 1pm tip off on Sunday.

They NEED to win to keep 4th, but that's a lot of wear on their squad before the playoffs. If Thibs wasn't their coach I would say they may rest some of their guys tomorrow. But I know better.

And guess what, better for us that they play a full game on a back 2 back.

Meanwhile, by the time we tip off, we could very well decide to chill tomorrow. Our last real game was against Washington. Orlando we were able to get guys rest. That's over a week of time off compared to NY who has to run through the tape to secure homecourt.

That will be a huge plus in our favor that will go under the radar.

The Knicks can play their entire squad tomorrow and then enjoy an entire week off.  That's the beauty of the playoffs this year.  You get a week off after the season to recover. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, marco102 said:

The Knicks will be a tough out, but the way you frame things you seem to imply that we as Hawks fans should fear them. I don't fear the Knicks.  If your takeaway from that third game was that the Knicks were clearly the better team, then I don't know what to say.  

You were saying there was no way they'd lose to the Lakers and they did. I was saying they'd lose to the Clippers and they won. 

The Knicks very well could beat the Hawks, but I believe it'll be a tough series. The head to head goes both ways.  The Hawks can say the first two games they were a different  team under LP.  The third game they lost their offensive engine and still forced overtime. 

The Knicks can play their entire squad tomorrow and then enjoy an entire week off.  That's the beauty of the playoffs this year.  You get a week off after the season to recover. 

Let's be clear, Knicks should fear us too. Im not putting them on a pedestal. Truthfully just trying to call it objectively.

We can beat them, but they are not the first matchup I wanted. Plain and simple. Randle has been giving us buckets since before NY. It is what it is. 

I would have similar reservations about any team except Boston really. Boston is just trash dressed up in green this year. I was nervous about Miami. They're clicking and have that team you don't want to face energy going. Milwaukee was vulnerable when we last played but they have turned on a switch here lately. 

There is no easy matchup. And outside of Dre not being back in starter form yet, I feel as good about this team as I have at any point this season. We can't be anymore ready than we are at this point. 

We been preaching playoffs since March 2020. We're in now. It's time to put up. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Let's be clear, Knicks should fear us too. Im not putting them on a pedestal. Truthfully just trying to call it objectively.

We can beat them, but they are not the first matchup I wanted. Plain and simple. Randle has been giving us buckets since before NY. It is what it is. 

I would have similar reservations about any team except Boston really. Boston is just trash dressed up in green this year. I was nervous about Miami. They're clicking and have that team you don't want to face energy going. Milwaukee was vulnerable when we last played but they have turned on a switch here lately. 

There is no easy matchup. And outside of Dre not being back in starter form yet, I feel as good about this team as I have at any point this season. We can't be anymore ready than we are at this point. 

We been preaching playoffs since March 2020. We're in now. It's time to put up. 

😄  the Celtics hate runs deep with this one.  I love it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3