• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Former Hawks coach reveals how the Knicks can slow down Trae Young------Lloyd Pierce is one dirty MF!!

Wurider05

3 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I love how the talking heads make it sound so simple.  “I would make him take ten 35 footers.”  Sure, right.  

I said this before Trae has been the focal point of the defense since high school and since day one in the NBA.  Randle has not had that same pressure.  Game 1 tells you who was ready.  

When they shut Trae down and Randle goes off I will believe it’s possible.  They got to show it on the court not in the media or from Randle bragging about how great he is.  

People underestimate Trae's passing ability and his vision.  As if playing off him to encourage him to shoot bombs is going to make him forget his teammates.  Nah. He can find them and they have already shown they can let Bogie or Kevin bring it up and then get it to Trae off screens so he's initiating the offense while NYK are rotating or just not set. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Delete this.  He just compliments Trae and the team nonstop and picks them to win... his "insight" is no different than casual Knicks fans have been blogging.  We have enough sensationalism in our media, we don't need it here too.

• Like 4

Again, his analysis is common sense. Everyone and their mother knows what adjustments the Knicks need to make defensively. It would be criminal if Nate didn't prepare our guys for this scenario and have a plan(s) to counter this.

• Like 3

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Stevie Wonder hasn't watched a game and he knows this is how you defend Trae.

Not so sure about the "hasn't watched a game" part (hee hee), but the "he knows" part? Absolutely!

~d0Id0

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I hope the Knicks follow LP's advice, and force Trae into being a scorer.

If they do that, and Trae is putting up a ton of points . . . we're going to win this series easy.

Remember what the magic number is folks . . .

32 Points Marketing, LLC - Contact 32 Points Marketing, LLC about their  services via Credo

=

x - Atlanta Hawks on Twitter: "🎶 Ice Trae The Gang (ice!), Ice Trae The  Gang (woo!) 🎶 @TheTraeYoung x @QuavoStuntin ❄️❄️… "

They tried to take away his facilitating by defending the Capella lob threat. They forgot about the floater. I bet Nate is preparing the team for an aggressive double team of Trae. In fact when Loyd couldn’t adjust in the Dallas game when Carlyle did that to Trae, that’s when I was through making excuses for Loyd. When NY picks up Trae full court with the double team, Nate will quickly have Trae get off the ball, run to an open spot, RUN A PLAY, to get Trae open off a screen and let him shoot it. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

It was posted in another thread, but he didn’t tell anyone anything ground breaking in stopping Trae (especially this Bird stuff lol). Listen to the full interview, he was happy for the team and seemed sad he wasn’t there. 

• Like 3

So F'ing stupid. Real analysis.

Trae is a pick n' roll maestro.  You could try stopping Trae by denying the pick. Once the pick is in play, the only way to stop the pick n roll is to throw a 3rd body at it...3 vs 2 basketball.  Works great unless the playmaker is an above average passer. Throw a 3rd defender in the mix to trap the playmaker works great on a head down score first point guard like Dennis Schröder.  Its meat for Trae.

The way to beat Trae Young is to make him play defense. You take his legs out. Wear him out on the defensive end so he has to take plays off. How do you do that? You start D.Rose. You tell D.Rose to go at Trae every offensive possession and don't settle for switches. Whoever Trae switches to, you pass the ball that way. I'd be running Rose in the starting lineup and using Barrett to free him up so Trae has to switch onto Barrett. You make Trae work on defense. Problem is, Tibbs isn't an offensive coach and NY doesn't have the jump shooters / ball handlers to make that strategy work. If Brooklyn wasn't iso ball U, they could do it easily.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1