Backup PG

sillent

• Premium Member
On 7/11/2021 at 7:39 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

We can either sign a vet PG or trade for one.

In no particular order and who maybe in our price range:

FAs: Patti Mills, TJ McConnell, Alex Caruso

Trades: Tyus Jones, Aaron Holiday, DJ Augustine, DeAnthony Melton, Derrick White and D. Murray (added since rumors).

6 months later - still looking for a true backup PG.

On 7/16/2021 at 6:35 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

If nothing else, tired of seeing the team struggle when Trae sits.

Just repeating for good measure.

On 7/30/2021 at 11:06 AM, hazer said:

Who’s taking my avatar bet that Coop will be our backup PG before the end of this upcoming season?

@hazer  I'm ready to lose our bet...just throw the kid in and have him actually run point, you know bring the ball up court and initiate the offense. Not play him at off guard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

6 months later - still looking for a true backup PG.

Just repeating for good measure.

@hazer  I'm ready to lose our bet...just throw the kid in and have him actually run point, you know bring the ball up court and initiate the offense. Not play him at off guard.

Today's game would be a good time to get Coop some run.   He needs time on the floor with Starter quality players.   He needs to be in situations.   He will probably get ate up by Fox and Haliburton but that's OK.  Since Trae is not going to play anyway, let Coop come in to rest Wright. 

10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Today's game would be a good time to get Coop some run.   He needs time on the floor with Starter quality players.   He needs to be in situations.   He will probably get ate up by Fox and Haliburton but that's OK.  Since Trae is not going to play anyway, let Coop come in to rest Wright. 

Wait, where does it say Trae's out?

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Wait, where does it say Trae's out?

I saw somewhere where it said that Trae was out because of lower back pain.   After the bump he got in PTL, I can see that.  However, whether he's out or just plays limited minutes, we should look into giving Coop some run to see what we got. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, Diesel said:

I saw somewhere where it said that Trae was out because of lower back pain.   After the bump he got in PTL, I can see that.  However, whether he's out or just plays limited minutes, we should look into giving Coop some run to see what we got. 

Isn't he still in H&S?

15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Aye, you better be sure.  Out here giving folks heart attacks.

But your overall point stands, we need to be bringing Cooper along.  See what we got.

That said ... still go get me DJ Augustin.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

We need to trade or release Lou Williams. It is the only way to keep Nate from putting him. Wright at least plays defense but  he can't run the offense at all. The second unit all season has been Lou and Gallo taking turns playing iso offense with Cam stuck in a corner somewhere. That isn't an offense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1