• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Axson Jaxson?

I'll reserve judgment until the facts come out but guy's probably lucky they didn't just shoot or choke him to death.

I imagine there was a point before the thing escalated, before police got involved, that he could've just walked away.  Perhaps I'll fault him for failing to recognize that point.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2021 at 10:03 AM, kg01 said:

I imagine there was a point before the thing escalated, before police got involved, that he could've just walked away.  Perhaps I'll fault him for failing to recognize that point.

What’s wrong with cops? Before seeing the video, I thought Jaxson became enraged and unable to control. After watching this, there was absolutely no taser necessary, not in that situation I’m sorry. This is a case of cops just being corrupt cops.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

What’s wrong with cops? Before seeing the video, I thought Jaxson became enraged and unable to control. After watching this, there was absolutely no taser necessary, not in that situation I’m sorry. This is a case of cops just being corrupt cops.

The force they used in this instance was excessive. However, Jaxson should have complied.  The officers did not do a good job explaining that in domestic violence instances the officers will need him to stay outside while they ring the doorbell to talk with his girlfriend. 

If they let him back inside, what if he decides to kill her while the officers permit him to go back inside.  I believe they were following protocol by keeping him outside.  Just ended up badly for everyone involved. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, marco102 said:

The officers did not do a good job explaining that in domestic violence instances the officers will need him to stay outside

Yeah that's what i thought.   I'm not sure why they couldn't take a beat to explain that.   

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

If they let him back inside, what if he decides to kill her while the officers permit him to go back inside.  I believe they were following protocol by keeping him outside. 

Definitely agree but the taser part on the ground to his chest was not right. Escalated too fast imo.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The police are whiny. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tmz.com/2021/09/22/la-police-union-blasts-district-attorney-for-failing-to-charge-nba-jaxson-hayes/

Dunnnannnuuuuuuuudanunuuuu… sportscenter lol.

As for the LAPPL, they weren't done ... they also went in on the NBA for failing to discipline Hayes, or condemn his actions.

"As for the NBA, their silence is deafening when it comes to one of their players assaulting an officer and thwarting a domestic violence investigation. Apparently, their policy on preventing domestic violence was created more for SportsCenter than it is to actually hold its players accountable. Real classy."

We reached out to the DA's office ... but they declined comment.

We also reached out to the NBA. So far, no word back.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Real classy? Real classy? Police have the audacity to say that? Wow. 

So childish.  And it illustrates one of the problems people have with with police, in general.  Fair or unfair, they're supposed to be 'above' that level of pettiness.

Hey, LAPD, I'm sorry the NBA/WNBA took a stand against police breaking into the wrong home and killing an innocent person in their sleep.

Do they deserve to be attacked by police for this stance?  Because that's what that statement is doing.

I wonder though.  Do the police issue statements going after, say, UPS if/when one of their drivers gets arrested?  McDonald's?

Those entities are far more visible than the NBA and have been just as vocal against police misconduct as the NBA has been perceived to have been.

I imagine the league will punish the guy at some point.  Sorry it's not on the police's timetable.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
25 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Jaxson Blewitt? (it's W-2 season, sorry.)

~lw3

You should never attack a police officer? 🤔 In today’s world, it all depends… just my opinion.

it must never be acceptable to engage in domestic violence or attack police officers.”