Clint Capela agrees to a 2 year, $46 Million Extension

ATLHawks3

• Premium Member

Among the biggest takeaways for me is that Ressler/Schlenk are firmly convinced that for these next few years, the actual revenue growth is going to be as stunning as has been widely-anticipated.

While I'll be totally surprised if Huerter's journey isn't practically a mirror of Collins', what won't surprise me is if Schlenk sets his sights on extending Delon Wright an additional year or two.

• Like 4

I just find the signing odd and out of no where but very good at the same time .

it’s just weird to me. On one hand it’s easier to move him this way IF that’s what’s decided in the future but on the other hand say he wins DPOY one season over the next 2 seasons…schlenk locked him up for cheap! 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, marco102 said:

lol what is there to speculate about?

If Cam and Hunter become breakout stars, there could be less room to retain Capela.  We could give Okongwu the position.  Also, since Okongwu is a Giannis and Embiid stopper, he should replace Capela.  

I like that we are keeping Capela for the remainder of his prime.  But I think others might not see him as essential.