Official Game Thread: Hawks at Who Cares, Really?

lethalweapon3

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I think Wright should play but man, he has to do a better job running the offense.

Might as well give Rife some burn....Its not like the Hawks are a championship contender this season...The developmental stage IS NOT over....

Watching so many other games, you realize Trae is a bad PG. He's an excellent scorer and playmaker but he doesn't run the offense. I can see Pop pulling his hair out if he had to deal with Trae.

He's an extremely streaky shooter as well.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Watching so many other games, you realize Trae is a bad PG. He's an excellent scorer and playmaker but he doesn't run the offense. I can see Pop pulling his hair out if he had to deal with Trae

lol this is another one for my notebook, these loss threads get crazy past midnight

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

lol this is another one for my notebook, these loss threads get crazy past midnight

I don't get you. It's like you aren't hearing me clearly. I am not saying, he can't play the position. When I look for true PGs, I want to see you find guys spots, run the sets, make the game easier for others. Watch guys like Lowry, they run that shit effortlessly. Even LaMelo and Ja runs shit cleanly.

Trae plays Trae ball. He wants to get high value shots for others regardless if it's their shot or not. (Corner 3s or dunks) and mix his scoring ability. Watch Mike Bibby. I remember when he came, he asked everyone what's their spot on offense. He completely changed how we executed offensively. 

That's not Trae. What Trae does is an upgrade from Iverson ball but Iverson at least is a decent defender. I love Trae but man, he's what I been saying he is for awhile, a blend of Marbury mixed with Iverson with elite court vision and playmaking skills. 

In the playoffs, he's the rich man's Reggie Miller and that's a great thing but we gotta get there first. Like Miller, Trae is bored genius who needs a challenge. 

The biggest issue I see with Trae is he wants to he All NBA but instead of just playing the game to win, he wants numbers.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Watching so many other games, you realize Trae is a bad PG. He's an excellent scorer and playmaker but he doesn't run the offense. I can see Pop pulling his hair out if he had to deal with Trae.

He's an extremely streaky shooter as well.

Nate will be pulling his hair out soon enough...For That and his bad defense.. But he wont do or say anything because he's our "Max guy".....

Edited by terrell

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Nate will be pulling his out soon enough...

With who? Delon is ass running the offense and Lou effectiveness is dependent on makes or misses. Trae might not run an offense well but he's a genius with the rock. It's hard to replace that. College Park should be playing soon, if Coop does extremely well, maybe he can replace Delon

Edited by NBASupes

Just watch other teams with PGs compared to us. They get their players looks in spots they excel in. Why is it we don't do that shit? In fact, I seen Wright try to do this but not with a high level of effectiveness 

Edited by NBASupes

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

With who? Delon is ass running the offense and Lou effectiveness is dependent on makes or misses. Trae might not run an offense well but he's a genius with the rock. It's hard to replace that. College Park should be playing soon, if Coop does extremely well, maybe he can replace Delon

His hair out....lol

• Haha 1

Last year was magical.  Everything fell in place for the Hawks.  That doesn't just happen every year. The HAWKS have a nice neucules but right now they don't have a  bonafied superstar other than maybe Trae. Most of the players they currently have are complimentary  players at this point of their development. They aren't a championship level team at the moment but they have plenty of room to develop.  Imagine LeBron and Davis with the HAWKS roster other than Trae. Unbeatable! 

Depth is nice but if everyone is pretty much on the same level talent wise it's no good unless you can make a trade for a star. Somebody has to become a star. Hopefully  Cam, Hunter, Kevin, and JC  etc can grow from good to great then we are on our way otherwise we're going to struggle and may never reach the ECF again. The  good part is Schlenk knows this and will seek to correct the situation.  We need some Alphas!

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

There are some sets I question why we don't run more often. JC is just sick with that low post turning either into a fadeaway that no one can guard or just keep pushing back into his man to get a hook or a flip shot around the rim. We do not run this play enough. It is like when we had Horford and there were certain shots and plays Horford was just flat out money on and we never ran it enough. 

The rim running seems to either be ran for two plays in a row or just forgotten about for 10 minutes at a stretch. We have way too many guys pulling up six seconds into a possession and shooting threes. Need more off the ball movement and cutting. Almost every time we have a guy moving off the ball and gets it around the basket we either get a made basket or a foul. Why is this not run more?

I want to see more of us running what our team is versus this bizarre "hey, I need to shoot a three" mentality we seem to get stuck in for like three minute stretches in games. 

It's there but we don't spam shit outside of that high screen PnR with Trae/Capela. Nate damn near nailed Trae ass to the bench when Trae would play 100% dumbass ball but he gives Trae more freedom than LP. 

It's not just Trae. Cam single handedly lost the game yesterday and still playing a full shift

Edited by NBASupes

2 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Last year was magical.  Everything fell in place for the Hawks.  That doesn't just happen every year. The HAWKS have a nice neucules but right now they don't have a  bonafied superstar other than maybe Trae. Most of the players they currently have are complimentary  players at this point of their development. They aren't a championship level team at the moment but they have plenty of room to develop.  Imagine LeBron and Davis with the HAWKS roster other than Trae. Unbeatable! 

Depth is nice but if everyone is pretty much on the same level talent wise it's no good unless you can make a trade for a star. Somebody has to become a star. Hopefully  Cam, Hunter, Kevin, and JC  etc can grow from good to great then we are on our way otherwise we're going to struggle and may never reach the ECF again. The  good part is Schlenk knows this and will seek to correct the situation.  We need some Alphas!

Some of this is on Nate. He needs to get on Trae to ride what's working. Kev and Dre had it going, why revert back to Trae ball. Why play Cam his full shift. Same for Dre v. Philly. Nate had less rope for the boys. This year, he's loose 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

It's there but we don't spam shit outside of that high screen PnR with Trae/Capela. Nate damn near nailed Trae ass to the bench when Trae would play 100% dumbass ball but he gives Trae more freedom than LP. 

It's not just Trae. Cam single handedly lost the game yesterday and still playing a full shift

Its like he thinks we can go on a 27-11 run at some point like when he took over last season, which isnt happening...........Hawks get too far behind in the standings and it's play-in time.....

Besides who is he gonna bench him for? Lou/Delon playing like shit.

Nate isnt benching Trae after Travis Maxed him anyway..So....................................

When you pay a 6ft, inefficient, no defense playing, turnover prone, shoot first PG, that much $  you're asking for trouble imo....

Edited by terrell