Official Game Thread: Hawks at Who Cares, Really?

lethalweapon3

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I agree and I don't know if this is what you mean but all the calls for more Trae off the ball make no sense to me.   If he's on the court i want the ball in his hands.   

We just gotta use him proficiently 

We need to get back to logo PnRs, backdoor actions 

Getting Trae into the lane without much traffic CONSISTENTLY 

We are NOT a ball movement team. We are a mismatch exposing team who likes to beat you off dribble drives, screens and pass it to open shooters who take open shots and make more than they miss. 

We aren't the Warriors. Let's stop acting like it. We are more like the D'Antoni Rockets, that's what we are. 

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I must say I'm personally insulted, on Trae's behalf, that you thought I was talking about the fake-Isaiah Thomas.

Usually we all just call him Zeke.

Edited by NBASupes

22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The lack of FT clearly hurts our RS offense but I notice Trae starts his PnRs at the 3 point line. He used to start them at the logo. This pretty much has taken away Trae 35 footers he was good for 3 times a game but its kills him because he can't get his 3s off due to the NBA defense and his set shot unless he's open for C&S and how many times does he get those or even if he's open. Very slim. Nate did this because this causes less turnovers and it puts more pressure on the defense but sometimes the defense is too physical and we need Trae to start our offense at the logo especially if the refs aren't calling as much. Nate is a traditionalist. LP was a modernist. Nate was best when he mixed the two. We have a modern personnel. We can't win playing traditional but we are too dumb to win modern as well. We gotta blend the two. We just trying to find the right mix. 

Excellent post.

It makes zero sense. We just do things just to do it. No purpose. 

When Cam is hot, we stick him in the corner, while running handoffs to Bogi (who has zero off the dribble game) and Kev( who's not as talented of a scorer). When Cam is having an off game, we running handoffs to him and asking him to create.

Dre was finally scorching hot, and it was like we were going out of our way to not let him touch the ball. At one point it looked like Trae was purposely looking him off multiple possessions in a row

John's faceup jumper is damn near automatic, but we rarely give him post ups.

Teams have made it a focal point to take the lobs away, yet Trae keeps trying to force them like 's playing against bots

On and on

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We gotta start using Trae like he's Trae. He's a genius. Stop using him like he's John Stockton or CP3. He not traditional at all, let's stop using him as this.

I disagree here. You would be trying to make him a Marbury when he’s a Zeke. I still say get others involved first for 3 quarters, become a dime wiz finding people then get yours when it’s winning time.

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I disagree here. You would be trying to make him a Marbury when he’s a Zeke. I still say get others involved first for 3 quarters, become a dime wiz finding people then get yours when it’s winning time.

Lol, what's bolded is exactly what Marbury did and what we need to avoid. Zeke did it too but Trae effectiveness is more like Marbury at times than Zeke.

While Trae has absurdly high Basketball IQ, he is a shitty decision maker. Zeke was a freakishly good decision maker. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Lol, what's bolded is exactly what Marbury did and what we need to avoid. Zeke did it too but Trae effectiveness is more like Marbury at times than Zeke.

Your forgetting Marbury’s game bro. He did not get others involved for 3 quarters, barely a quarter. He passed out of necessity and was one of the most selfish and talented players the league has even seen.

Ill grant you Marbury dribbled the air out of the ball as well. 

We gotta swing the ball and get people touches to keep them engaged on both sides of the ball. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

It's pretty clear to me we're making an effort to get everyone involved, touches, shots, etc.  We're still figuring out the best way to do that.  Late last year, and obviously in the playoffs, we were finding local maxes for getting the most out of our players and offense given the skillset our guys already had.  This year feels like we're trying to develop some stuff and it's not going to happen overnight.  Everyone has plenty of film to study on us nightly.  I'm sure the entire NBA was watching our run and brainstorming how to effectively stop us.  We just need to keep getting better and not worry about making a finals run.  Half our rotation guys are on their rookie deals, we're a young team, we have time to get better, we can't be impatient and reactionary after every loss.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Your forgetting Marbury’s game bro. He did not get others involved for 3 quarters, barely a quarter. He passed out of necessity and was one of the most selfish and talented players the league has even seen.

Ill grant you Marbury dribbled the air out of the ball as well. 

We gotta swing the ball and get people touches to keep them engaged on both sides of the ball. 

Naw, I remember Marbury vividly. He was the king of this method to the point his teammates and coaches hated it.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, Cwell said:

It makes zero sense. We just do things just to do it. No purpose. 

When Cam is hot, we stick him in the corner, while running handoffs to Bogi (who has zero off the dribble game) and Kev( who's not as talented of a scorer). When Cam is having an off game, we running handoffs to him and asking him to create.

Dre was finally scorching hot, and it was like we were going out of our way to not let him touch the ball. At one point it looked like Trae was purposely looking him off multiple possessions in a row

John's faceup jumper is damn near automatic, but we rarely give him post ups.

Teams have made it a focal point to take the lobs away, yet Trae keeps trying to force them like 's playing against bots

On and on

This is the main complaint about Trae and Nate. They are like robots and just can't make in game adjustments. They use to do the same thing to Collins when he was on.  Just bizarre to me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Naw, I remember Marbury vividly. He was the king of this method to the point his teammates and coaches hated it.

I think if he did that they would have won a ton more. Marbury should have won a lot more than he did. He was too self centered and egotistical about his own talents and wanted to make as much money as he could and that’s probably one of the reasons he fled to China.

I liked watching him due to sheer talent and athleticism but never as someone to watch and learn how to win from in any capacity. I honestly don’t think he cared too much about the game, perhaps I’m wrong.