• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Who Cares, Really?

lethalweapon3

22 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Utah isn't beating us at home.

Utah is going to beat the bakes off us if we play this sad defense.  They are rested and we are not.  It'll probably be a scheduling loss.  I will be at the game cheering tomorrow though. Hoping for a home win.

So far, this team has shown to be good at home and bad on the road.

Nate is playing lineups to get them some chemistry.  He needs to eliminate this slow pace we are playing with though.  There were many opportunities for them to push against a bad defensive Brooklyn team, but held it up to play against a set defense. Why is Lou over Delon? Is something I'm wondering right now.

Very encouraged by Dre and Huerter.  

Capella looks two steps slow out there and not gobbling up rebounds and defending like last year.

Bogi is still getting into rhythm and is hot one game and cold the next.

Cam didn't get his usual rhythm because Huerter was hot and in the second half Cam imploded. 

Hunter my goodness it's great to see that Hunter out there.

Collins didn't shoot the ball well, but was great on the boards. 

Trae - was really off and needs to play much better defense. He was setting up the team.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, terrell said:

"But he had 10 assists"

Reminds me of the clown ass Westbrook fans that would bring up his trash stats all the time lmaoo. Look at this right here. I seriously doubt the Hawks will have a game where like 4 different players efficiently put up these numbers. And we know why

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm not seeing/feeling Dieng's impact the last 4 or so games. He's just kinda...there.  Am I wrong?

Well, he played like 3 minutes tonight. Hard to do anything with that. Then there was that BS game against the Sixers... I don't know.

I wish Nate would find more minutes for him, especially when he's playing Lou Frakkin Williams 10-15 minutes a game.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Well, he played like 3 minutes tonight. Hard to do anything with that. Then there was that BS game against the Sixers... I don't know.

I wish Nate would find more minutes for him, especially when he's playing Lou Frakkin Williams 10-15 minutes a game.

Besides the 3 minutes tonight, his 1st 3 games I saw the impact - not so much since.  I guess he saw more minutes with Gallo out.  Beside Huerter, the bench was less than stellar.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

The Heat are looking good as hell. Hmm they have a steady, disciplined PG who isn't ball dominant and contributes to the overall team defense

And at 23 years old, he was a backup PG in Houston.  I'd hope he'd learn how to play on both ends of the floor at age 35.

Lowry has been blessed to not have the burden to have to be the top scorer and the top facilitator on his team.

If fans want to see less of Trae handling the ball, the Hawks have to acquire a guy who can be a #1 option scorer that doesn't play the point.

In the past, Hawks fans didn't want those types of players here.  Especially if it meant giving up existing talent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tough one. I think we still coming off the Braves World Series. Last sacrificial game though we gotta focus tough road ahead.

Hunter is smooooooth. That dunk was just 🤒 over Blake.

Need a bit more perimeter defense we can’t allow those looks.

Trae can’t go 6-22. Having said that it was a tough road game against a tough opponent. 

Let’s get ready for Utah tomorrow.

GO HAWKS!!!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Reminds me of the clown ass Westbrook fans that would bring up his trash stats all the time lmaoo. Look at this right here. I seriously doubt the Hawks will have a game where like 4 different players efficiently put up these numbers. And we know why

The 3 guys pictured are above average passers at their respective position.

The Hawks only have 1 guy, who is an above average passer at their position.

And this game got completely out of hand the minute he sat the bench at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Elmo Shrug GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And at 23 years old, he was a backup PG in Houston.  I'd hope he'd learn how to play on both ends of the floor at age 35.

Lowry has been blessed to not have the burden to have to be the top scorer and the top facilitator on his team.

If fans want to see less of Trae handling the ball, the Hawks have to acquire a guy who can be a #1 option scorer that doesn't play the point.

In the past, Hawks fans didn't want those types of players here.  Especially if it meant giving up existing talent.

These are FACTS!!!

Like most fans, we overhype our players.   Cam, Hunter, KVon, Gallo, and Bogi can all be traded for the right guy.  DO I like them.. Yes.  Do I think they have talent.  Yes.   But honestly, none of them are a #1 or #2 guy.  The closest is Hunter. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

While I do blame Cam for this lost, a lot of this was on Nate for pulling Clint and not replacing him with Dieng. Clint and Dieng detoured Brooklyn whereas no one else could for Atlanta.

Dieng was a cone on defense in the minutes he played tonight. There's a reason he didn't play much at all. The all bench lineups are killing us right now. Nate needs to stagger the lineups better going forward.

2 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Dieng was a cone on defense in the minutes he played tonight. There's a reason he didn't play much at all. The all bench lineups are killing us right now. Nate needs to stagger the lineups better going forward.

He protected the rim twice. He got worked on the perimeter but that's because of Brooklyn's personnel.

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The 3 guys pictured are above average passers at their respective position.

The Hawks only have 1 guy, who is an above average passer at their position.

And this game got completely out of hand the minute he sat the bench at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Elmo Shrug GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Wasting. Your. Time.

Trae is 19th in Usage this season (down from previous years) and 15th in FGA at 19.3. Both are fine for your best player. 

And more importantly, as you alluded, they don't have any better options.

Trae's issue is he's only making 43% of his shots coming into tonight. He simply needs to shoot better and he'll be fine. 

• Like 2