• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Who Cares, Really?

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

I think if he did that they would have won a ton more. Marbury should have won a lot more than he did. He was too self centered and egotistical about his own talents and wanted to make as much money as he could and that’s probably one of the reasons he fled to China.

I liked watching him due to sheer talent and athleticism but never as someone to watch and learn how to win from in any capacity. I honestly don’t think he cared too much about the game, perhaps I’m wrong.

You are wrong. Dude loves the game. Again, the irrational Marbury hate on here is sad. 

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

You guys have such an irrational hate of Marbury.

Not hate. Just untapped winning potential. He took it away from himself when he left Minny. Why would you leave a situation when you and kg could dominate for years. I don’t get it. 

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

You are wrong. Dude loves the game.

He loved money 💰 

32 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You guys have such an irrational hate of Marbury. I don't want to get into it but you do him a disservice.

I didn't want to be the one to say it but this is true of the entire basketball world, imho.

Yes he had problems but, on the court, the dude was a problem.

Not saying he should be lauded, but using him as the epitome of the guard you should hate is a misplaced thing people do (I think) because Garnett ended up being really good.  Garnett was also a whole a** that a lot of teammates didn't like.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Not saying he should be lauded, but using him as the epitome of the guard you should hate is a misplaced thing people do (I think)

I totally understand where you are coming from in theory, but I can’t use somebody like Earl Watson (good god spud horrible example you loved that guy) or someone on that level to relate how I don’t want Trae to play. 

Dajuan Wagner! There! 

ps I did love 💗 Earl baby W(h)aaaaattttttsss(uuuuppp)on!  He played instinctual basketball but very intelligent. What happened to that dude is he a coach somewhere?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

You are wrong. Dude loves the game. Again, the irrational Marbury hate on here is sad. 

I don't hate Marbury just like I don't hate Trae. I love both players. Marbury is a rare talent.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't hate Marbury just like I don't hate Trae. I love both players. Marbury is a rare talent.

Supes I’m interested if you were to redo the first 15-20 picks (possibly more) in the 96 draft, who would you pick above whom to start or add to your franchise if you were the GM. Like, would you take a Marbury over a Nash? Or, maybe Peja over Ray Allen? 

Just now, AHF said:

Bear in mind the real Isiah has one "a" in his first name just like the one "a" in Superstar.  

The "fake" Isaiah Thomas has two "a"s in his first name just like in "overrated all-star."

Don’t we have an Isaiah stashed in Europe? Cordinier? Aka our Manu.. :indifferent:

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Don’t we have an Isaiah stashed in Europe? Cordinier? Aka our Manu.. :indifferent:

Slightly different as well:

Isaïa Cordinier

We've had several Isaiah's in the past including Isaiah Taylor a few years ago and another Isaiah who shall not be fully named back in the 90's.  :ahf:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I totally understand where you are coming from in theory, but I can’t use somebody like Earl Watson (good god spud horrible example you loved that guy) or someone on that level to relate how I don’t want Trae to play. 

Dajuan Wagner! There! 

ps I did love 💗 Earl baby W(h)aaaaattttttsss(uuuuppp)on!  He played instinctual basketball but very intelligent. What happened to that dude is he a coach somewhere?

Heh, did you see the Sarver story?  Features some stuff from Earl W.  Apparently Sarver had an affinity for using the n-word and Earl took exception.  Probably explains his short tenure as HC.

Also, didn't mean to go at you on the Starbury stuff.  He's one of my favs from his GT days.  I started there the year after he was there.  His short tenure was the stuff of legend, if the stories are to be believed.  But I've said too much ....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's only because Coop isn't playing yet.

If Coop was playing, and running the 2nd team well, you'd hear about as much chirping and fighting as you see in this video.

tenor.gif?itemid=10181643

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Bear in mind the real Isiah has one "a" in his first name just like the one "a" in Superstar.  

The "fake" Isaiah Thomas has two "a"s in his first name just like in "overrated all-star."

q3F3cnBRsGjBxtO%2BXIxjiIFLvnFCPJphVwWY=&     lol.gif&ehk=z1TDRsq8m03iHhiQXAJtCpRlO8A7

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Traded to Nets in the Jeremy Lin deal -  I really hated that deal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Supes I’m interested if you were to redo the first 15-20 picks (possibly more) in the 96 draft, who would you pick above whom to start or add to your franchise if you were the GM. Like, would you take a Marbury over a Nash? Or, maybe Peja over Ray Allen? 

Kobe - Top 10 atg, if not a Laker top 25, if a Hawk with Deke, Mookie, and Laettner top 15 and hope Atlanta knows how to draft and build around him.

Iverson - top 50 atg, I actually think if by miracle he joined that Deke squad, we could have won it all and he's a top 25 atg. 

After that it gets difficult 

Ray Allen - top 75 atg but his fit.especially young was natural 

Camby - he was a big impact when healthy for his era. 6th in WS, 5th in BPM, probably top notched RAPTOR AND WAR. He lead the Knicks to the 99 Finals. His impact dropped tremendously after his prime but Camby was a clear top 5 guy. 

Nash - Same type of prospect as Cooper and Stockton for me. Needed years to fit a key role. Not sure he ever fit what Atlanta was doing in the 90s or 2000s. Nash needed years for adjustment so he's probably not higher than top 5. 

Now this is potential v. Readiness. 

Marbury is clearly 6th if you go by their first three years but I would say Peja and Jermaine O'Neal at 6th and 7th as a draw. O'Neal was more of a #1 with better D but his game peaked fast as he was so athleticism based. Peja needed the right fit so he was system based. Both are it for me.

Marbury is 8th for me as the enigma. He probably should be with Iverson and Kobe based on talent but his impact was tiers below them as well as a tier below O'Neal and Peja.

Big Z is next tier, health always been his issue, not ability. 

I choose elite high end role player over pseudo stars I hated with a passion. Kerry kittles who to me could have been a Mikal Bridges type if he landed in a great situation and Derek Fisher who did over Antoine Walker and SAR. 

9. Big Z

10. Kittles 

11. Fisher

12. Walker

13. SAR

14. Jerome Williams 

15. Tony Delk

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Kobe - Top 10 atg, if not a Laker top 25, if a Hawk with Deke, Mookie, and Laettner top 15 and hope Atlanta knows how to draft and build around him.

Iverson - top 50 atg, I actually think if by miracle he joined that Deke squad, we could have won it all and he's a top 25 atg. 

After that it gets difficult 

Ray Allen - top 75 atg but his fit.especially young was natural 

Camby - he was a big impact when healthy for his era. 6th in WS, 5th in BPM, probably top notched RAPTOR AND WAR. He lead the Knicks to the 99 Finals. His impact dropped tremendously after his prime but Camby was a clear top 5 guy. 

Nash - Same type of prospect as Cooper and Stockton for me. Needed years to fit a key role. Not sure he ever fit what Atlanta was doing in the 90s or 2000s. Nash needed years for adjustment so he's probably not higher than top 5. 

Now this is potential v. Readiness. 

Marbury is clearly 6th if you go by their first three years but I would say Peja and Jermaine O'Neal at 6th and 7th as a draw. O'Neal was more of a #1 with better D but his game peaked fast as he was so athleticism based. Peja needed the right fit so he was system based. Both are it for me.

Marbury is 8th for me as the enigma. He probably should be with Iverson and Kobe based on talent but his impact was tiers below them as well as a tier below O'Neal and Peja.

Big Z is next tier, health always been his issue, not ability. 

I choose elite high end role player over pseudo stars I hated with a passion. Kerry kittles who to me could have been a Mikal Bridges type if he landed in a great situation and Derek Fisher who did over Antoine Walker and SAR. 

9. Big Z

10. Kittles 

11. Fisher

12. Walker

13. SAR

14. Jerome Williams 

15. Tony Delk

If this was 2021 draft in today's NBA 

1. Kobe - Jalen Green type.

2. Allen - Teams would go nuts for him in today's NBA. 

3. Marbury - Steph would clearly have to develop that 3 as does all of these kids but he's very good at the PnR and fits the modern game with his genius. Teams would have no issues giving him the keys in today's PG friendly game. 

4. Iverson - Doesn't really have a position but he's so damn good as a prospect that teams will just use him as a combo guard which is a popular prototype today. 

This would be considered one of the best top 4 in nearly a decade. The top 4 plays modern NBA basketball. Iverson a tad less than the others but in the spaced game with today's rules, he would score 30 in his sleep.

Gap

5. Kittles - With so much talent in today's game, high end role players are far more coveted especially if the team has a star of the future like PHX had with Book. 

6. Camby - Camby always was impact and would fit the modern game.

7. Peja - Peja clearly fits the modern game. 

8. Big Z - When healthy, he clearly fits.

Gap

9. Nash - Nash is only here because he would be a backup for most of his rookie contract in today's NBA. That said, once he's ready, watch the f*** out. Nash would be even better in today's spaced game and with today's development and coaching risks, Nash probably would be a MVP more times than even twice. He might be the best player in the draft for the modern game.

After this, you talking 6th man and career backups in the modern NBA. It don't really matter the order. None of them had modern games at all. Toine had a modern style but was super shit at it even then. He wouldn't have much rope. 

Edited by NBASupes

16 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

I agree Trae doesn't look to get the ball in the post enough but JC can't establish and hold low post  position. He should punish guys that are 3,4,and 5 inches shorter and 15 to 30 lbs lighter than he is. No excuses.  Get it done.  Tired of watching him get rooted out of the post by smaller players.

Because he is soft.

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Features some stuff from Earl W. 

Are you serious? Was just talking about dude. I just heard Kam and Antonio kind of seriously debating it. Antonio was like, “you can’t be on the fence with that stuff”, and Kam said he won’t judge until it’s proven because Sarver denied it? Innocent until proven guilty? 

I have no idea what he said.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Traded to Nets in the Jeremy Lin deal -  I really hated that deal.

👍 

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

6. Camby - Camby always was impact and would fit the modern game.

7. Peja - Peja clearly fits the modern game. 

I’d swap these personally. Camby was a bad boy for sure though that gumby style body was built for 🏀.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

8. Big Z - When healthy, he clearly fits.

Gap

9. Nash - Nash is only here because he would be a backup for most of his rookie contract in today's NBA. That said, once he's ready, watch the f*** out. Nash would be even better in today's spaced game and with today's development and coaching risks, Nash probably would be a MVP more times than even twice. He might be the best player in the draft for the modern game.

Flip for me again. 

Nice thanks Supes, I like your mind.

• Thanks 1