• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Suns

lethalweapon3

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sure looked liked that was the play call by Nate...at least if you look at what was going on on the sideline.

No one Nate called for Bogi to take a 3 as soon as he gets the ball from 30ft. No one on the team was even set. As EJ said on the suns broadcast, that might be one of the worst plays I've seen in that situation. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This is why until we get that 2nd player who can really deliver in these moments without Trae setting him up . . Trae has to be the one we live and die with.

So Collins didn't have 26 points? Or go 3-4 from the 3 point line.  Damn near unstoppable on the pick and roll tonight. We can't keep going to him because a poor 3 point shooter taking contested step back 3 point shots is a better option???  Are you fing serious???

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

4 straight losses. Man, this is rough.

I predicted a 9-10 game losing streak.. Good lord I hope Im wrong...If we start 14-20 or some shizz again, man...........................................

Edited by terrell

Just now, NBASupes said:

Trae was setting dudes up all 4th quarter too till the last four mins. This shit is just insane. He was missing wide open players left and right. We completely abandon JC as a PnR target. f***!

Trae went hero ball and honestly so did Bogi. Cp3 got in hunter head with that terrible ass no call foul and he just went dumb at end after already not showing up on offense. 

2 or 3 more games like this and yeah maybe we can start discussing trades or at least lineup changes 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, niremetal said:

That was a Bball IQ of 60 shot. He was DOUBLED 27 feet from the basket. Most predictable fast break in history off that miss.

And then Bogi taking a fade away contested 3 on the next possession with plenty of time on the clock too. 

Awful. 

And to make it even worse, in the post-game, watch Trae whine about how his problem is that he's not looking for his shot enough 🙄

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Dre really lost his damn mind at the end of the game 

He must be taking pain meds or something for those knees.......I used to count on Dre being the smart one on the floor..smh

Edited by terrell

6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I thought the chemistry was tremendous for about 44 minutes tonight.  Those last 4 minutes were crap.  But the first 44 were some of the best of the season.

Nah we just got hot in the 3rd. The Suns always seem to move the ball and find the open guy. We rarely do. Our offense is pass it to this guy, he isos, that doesn’t work…..pass it to the next guy, he isos…..try to force it into the paint…..chuck contested 3

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Cwell said:

Nah we just got hot in the 3rd. The Suns always seem to move the ball and find the open guy. We rarely do. Our offense is pass it to this guy, he isos, that doesn’t work…..pass it to the next guy, he isos…..try to force it into the paint…..chuck contested 3

That wasn't this game though, until the last 3 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Very tough loss. 

Some random thoughts:

Gallo needs to go. He had at least three times where a smaller player was on him, twice it was Chris Paul. He didn't even attempt to back him down into the post and either draw a double team or take the easy shot over Paul. You can't do that. When we were up and subbing at around the 8 minute mark in the 4th they left Gallo in and waited too long to bring Collins back in. Collins was great this game. That's a sub I blame the coach on.

The shot selection on our last few possessions was something out of a ten year old little brother trying to show up his big brother in 2k. I can't explain it better than that. Trae and Bogi taking stupid shots with plenty of time left. What the hell was Hunter doing shooting that three when we were up by 1 with plenty of time left. 

Maddening loss. I told Mrs. Sothron this is EXACTLY the kind of game that got our old coach fired. This is two games back to back that the Hawks were winning into the fourth quarter and blew the game. 

I truly hate we lost this game. Outside of the last few possessions our team really played well. We were hitting shots, ball was moving, guys were hustling on defense. But all that counts for nothing when you can't close out a team.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Despite the horrible meltdown - in general I saw better things in this game overall. Hopefully it's something they build on going forward. The defense was much improved, the bench wasn't a complete dud.

If you can't finish games, why does this matter?  Trae is dumb and we can't get around that issue

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This is why until we get that 2nd player who can really deliver in these moments without Trae setting him up . . Trae has to be the one we live and die with.

We Are All Going To Die GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

We don't suck as a team, we just gotta figure out how to win again. Too many guys want to do it there own way. We gotta win as a team. I ain't one to talk about a lost as a win but I seen more good things in this lost than I did in the NO and DET win. What we got to do is figure out how to become 1 as a group. We made strides but we finished poorly. 

Like it or not, this year's team ain't last years team. We won last year because Trae was fully able to play Trae ball. This year, Trae has to be more of a team player. No more Snell and Solo sitting in a corner and making smart cuts, no more dominating the rock with the 2nd unit and going YOLO, you gotta be a team player now Trae. Outside of the last 4 mins, you mixed your scoring and passing together well but when PHX got physical and you weren't getting calls, you got a T and shit went downhill. 

You gotta figure out how to win with more talent. When we figure this out. We will be a much better team for it.

• Like 3