• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Rockets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

He really is the perfect fit for Trae. He is a reliable scoring option at three levels, he rebounds, blocks and his defense has stepped up this season. He would keep teams honest on Trae. It would be a dream of mine to get him here.

Has he made the playoffs yet? Oh wait, let me guess, his surrounding cast wasn’t good enough. I got news for you Soth, KAT is one of the most overrated players in the league. 

If he was as great as you all think, he would have made the playoffs or had a winning record with the Wolves. The truth is the guy is just a stat guy.

2 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

The Hawks need toughness and players that are willing to hustle.

:laugh1: ya that’s not KAT. He is the guy that lumbers up and down the court and fake hustles.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

You don't want an elite center that can actually score, rebound and block shots? Um....ok?

KAT's rebounding has dropped off noticeably this year.   Some on here say his defense has improved this year.  I don't see him play enough to have an opinion on his defense.

However, I lose count of how many layups and dunks Capela and Collins give up.  I have been  a staunch Collins supporter, but he's frequently in foul trouble and he lets Capela grab all the rebounds and take most of the PNR plays from him.  Maybe Collins is too passive, but I believe when he blocks a shot or makes a dunk, it fires the crowd up more than when Capela does it.  I don't think Collins and Capela can coexist on the same team.  At this point, I'm okay trading whoever we can, if we get something worthwhile in exchange.

Bogi is always injured.  Hunter is always injured.  OO is always injured.  We need some tough guys on this team.  What good is all of these guys' potential if they are never available?  None of them are a real second option on offense.

Last year McMillan used Pierce's offense and defense, rather than trying to recreate the wheel midseason, and the players respected him, and we won.  This year, he implemented his own offense and defense, and we are pathetic.  His inflexibility on his substitutions is ridiculous.

Pardon my rambling.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Dynamo said:

The Hawks need toughness and players that are willing to hustle.

this 100% is the problem.   We have a team full of prima donnas.   And only one of them carries his weight enough to get away with it.

I'd trade half the players on our team for one David Nwaba.

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Has he made the playoffs yet? Oh wait, let me guess, his surrounding cast wasn’t good enough. I got news for you Soth, KAT is one of the most overrated players in the league. 

If he was as great as you all think, he would have made the playoffs or had a winning record with the Wolves. The truth is the guy is just a stat guy.

:laugh1: ya that’s not KAT. He is the guy that lumbers up and down the court and fake hustles.

We win a championship if we had KAT.

QUICK! Name how many all-star players KAT has played with? Or a better question is this.  Who is the best player KAT has ever played with?

Surrounding talent matters, no matter how good of a player you are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

At the risk of drawing my guy soth's wrath (again), there's more truth to your assessment than folks are willing to believe.  The only reason Towns would fit with this team is because he, at times, plays with the same floaty, gutlessness that they do.

We need guys that aren't pretty, don't care about their numbers, and who generally DGAF about anything but winning.  As shakes said, there's only one dude on the team that produces enough to get away with being cute.

Collins has shown 'it' at times but he's still apt to get bullied.  Sometimes it's like he's 6'10" but 125 lbs.  Like why's he always getting knocked over at slight contact?

Heurter needs to take some friggin caffeine pills every quarter or something.  Too many times he has mismatches and just kinda floats.

Capela ...... what happened to this dude?  Clearly you're resting on offense, which is fine, but dang stop getting out-hustled by randos on the other end.  And why's he always looking tired?  I just said you're resting on offense.

And can we please, for the love of all that's good and (un)holy, sign DJ Augustin?  Please?  Somebody?  Insiders? #blinkblinkblink  It's the only way to escape his wrath.

That dude kills us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Kevin Garnett. 

And Nwaba.

Kevin Garnett was a benchwarmer when he played with KAT.

If you're going to try to laugh it off with emojis, you simply don't want to face the facts.

The only time he made the playoffs, he had Butler, Rose, Gibson, Wiggins, Teague, Crawford .. good vet players around him.

Heck, even LeBron crashed and burned when he had lesser players around him.  

Talent matters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We win a championship if we had KAT.

QUICK! Name how many all-star players KAT has played with? Or a better question is this.  Who is the best player KAT has ever played with?

Surrounding talent matters, no matter how good of a player you are.

Idk about a title but I know we would be better for KAT. It would end these easy 4th quarter adjustments and make defensive adjustments impossible against us.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If you're going to try to laugh it off with emojis, you simply don't want to face the facts.

Laugh it off? I’m actually laughing on the inside as to how everyone is jumping on getting a KAT when that’s not the problem we are having. If we bring KAT on it adds to the problem really because the dude is inconsistent and doesn’t have a knack for winning. 

• Like 1