• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

My big fear is that Simmons deal will see the exit of a wing they covet and Collins then Atlanta will add Harris too. That's a lot of money

Harris has one of the worst contracts in the league. If we take on that salary just to get Ben Simmons, we will be in a world of hurt for the foreseeable future. I'm praying for a three team deal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If the Hawks come out like this

Trae

???

Simmons

Harris

Sabonis

That gives Atlanta a fighting chance. After that, it's all about signing guys but that's already 120 million between 4 players. Eek! 

I don't see the Hawks making such a drastic overall of the roster midseason and for ALL THAT MONEY in 4 players.

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, REHawksFan said:

I don't see how any trade sending out JC and getting back Simmons helps the team overall.  I can get on board with pairing Simmons and Trae but not at the expense of JC.  And I want no part of Harris and his contract.  Any deal for Simmons needs to be centered around Bogie / Gallo or involve a 3rd team, imo. 

I agree with bleach that Bogi/Gallo is so far from value for Simmons that the deal can't be centered on them.  They would have to be the throw ins with picks and other players providing the meat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

I don't see how any trade sending out JC and getting back Simmons helps the team overall.  I can get on board with pairing Simmons and Trae but not at the expense of JC.  And I want no part of Harris and his contract.  Any deal for Simmons needs to be centered around Bogie / Gallo or involve a 3rd team, imo. 

I can't see a Bogi only deal getting it done this deadline for Morey unless it includes 3-4 1sts. Morey would rather wait IMO

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

I agree with bleach that Bogi/Gallo is so far from value for Simmons that the deal can't be centered on them.  They would have to be the throw ins with picks and other players providing the meat.

Bogi has been straight up awful this year. His contract is not attractive atm. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Do you do that deal if we have to throw in 3 FRPs? I think I still would, especially if one of them is the Charlotte pick.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, GameTime said:

I can't see a Bogi only deal getting it done this deadline for Morey unless it includes 3-4 1sts. Morey would rather wait IMO

Clearly.  Maybe that is why we just got another first but it would be about the picks not Bogi/Gallo.

• Thanks 3

• Moderators
Just now, SalvorMallow said:

Do you do that deal if we have to throw in 3 FRPs? I think I still would, especially if one of them is the Charlotte pick.

Even though I have grave questions on how Capela and Simmons would fit I would do a Bogi, Gallo and 3 FRP deal in a heartbeat (if our own need some degree of protection after this season).

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Even though I have grave questions on how Capela and Simmons would fit I would do a Bogi, Gallo and 3 FRP deal in a heartbeat (if our own need some degree of protection after this season).

I don't see Capela lasting the offseason if we acquire Simmons. Simmons and Trae will be our core pieces at that point. I really doubt Schlenk feels like this is a championship contender this year. Ride out Capela this year until he is tradeable. Then build your team with role players that fit Trae and Ben.

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, GameTime said:

I don't see Capela lasting the offseason if we acquire Simmons. Simmons and Trae will be our core pieces at that point. I really doubt Schlenk feels like this is a championship contender this year. Ride out Capela this year until he is tradeable. Then build your team with role players that fit Trae and Ben.

If we could keep JC and Hunter and still get Simmons that would be a home run.  Don't think it would be possible but whatever we do with Capela would be worth it.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, AHF said:

25 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Both are true which is why I was saying including a 3rd team.  I don't see how a 2-team deal makes any sense unless it's JC for Simmons but I don't think that makes the Hawks better overall.  Better defensively, sure.  But overall?  I don't see it.  

• Like 1

Supes Podcast: Cam Reddish Trade

1. Cam Reddish Thoughts

2. Kevin Knox Thoughts

3. Overall Trade Thoughts

4. Potential Ben Simmons trade? 

5. Potential Ben Simmons fit? 

6. Potential fit for PHI with Collins and Hunter? 

7. Will the Hawks improve? 

8. If so, how much and can we end up potentially losing both deals? 

https://vocaroo.com/1joFtz69TSCM

• Like 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Tha's Gallo, Bogi's contract is guaranteed for $18 mill

That's why you ship them and Knox's equivalent (Augustin) to the Lakers for Westbrook who goes to Philly for Simmons. 

Morey wants to move Harris but People in Hell want icewater.