• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I just don't see it.  The Hawks have enough non shooters in the starting line up already with Capela and Bogi.  Now you want to add Simmons to the mix?  Plus he isn't a rebounder either.  I don't like it one bit

Yeah I don’t disagree with you on this point of view offensively.

They replace collins  with Simmons it’s for damn sure going to be an experiment the rest of the season offensively with Simmons and Capela on the floor . Defensively I believe it may be an upgrade because Simmons is better than collins defensively though we all have to give collins props on improving big time defensively….collins definitely has not been the problem defensively this season when he’s not guarding players a lot bigger than him.

offensively though collins as our second best player hasn’t been the fix to the offense when Trae sits either… despite being extremely efficient.  

I would rather find a way to keep Collins and pair him with Simmons honestly.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JTB said:

They replace collins  with Simmons it’s for damn sure going to be an experiment the rest of the season offensively with Simmons and Capela on the floor . Defensively I believe it may be an upgrade because Simmons is better than collins defensively though we all have to give collins props on improving big time defensively….collins definitely has not been the problem defensively this season when he’s not guarding players a lot bigger than him.

offensively though collins as our second best player hasn’t been the fix to the offense when Trae sits either… despite being extremely efficient.  

The Hawks already are an average to below average rebounding team with Collins.  Simmons make the Hawk much worse

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

I would rather keep Collins and skip Simmons.  We already have enough players who can't shoot.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The Hawks already are an average to below average rebounding team with Collins.  Simmons make the Hawk much worse

Possibly, if we have a perimeter defender that doesn't require Capela's help, it could free him up to get more boards.  Always pisses me off when everyone lets their man go by and Capela picks him up and the other teams PF and C crash the boards.  Capela can't rim protect and get every rebound.  Anyways, just made me think of that, I'm not even really disagreeing with you, just wondering how that might play out.

18 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Really really hope we don’t trade Collins for Simmons. Didn’t we expose him last year in the playoffs? We all would have laughed out loud if this deal had been proposed after game 7.

There is a lot of risk in trading for Simmons. Both personality wise and his inability to shoot. Schlenk's legacy would no doubt be on the line. A less costly trade for a guy like Barnes or Grant is more feasible.

24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Smelltics 'eggsplorin' values on Richardson, Smart, and other low-value dudes.

Any takers?

I’ll take Smart(ass), dude is a thorn 🤜🏾

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Possibly, if we have a perimeter defender that doesn't require Capela's help, it could free him up to get more boards.  Always pisses me off when everyone lets their man go by and Capela picks him up and the other teams PF and C crash the boards.  Capela can't rim protect and get every rebound.  Anyways, just made me think of that, I'm not even really disagreeing with you, just wondering how that might play out.

But Simmons can't check everyone.  You will still have Bogi or Huerter guarding someone

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JTB said:

Damn Trae may want to address this publicly. Chris made Trae seem like a straight up stuck up asshole. I don’t think that’s how Trae approached the front office “demanding things”…I seriously doubt that. He probably gave his opinion and it was probably a strong opinion and perhaps it included some players he’d like to see in ATL…..but “demanding things” nah not at this stage.

Chris is probably taking demanding out of context and the kid just really want to win. 

the part about Trae playing more off ball sounds like a Schlenk thing.

It’s pure speculation based on the information he is hearing. He is putting it in the context that everyone understands and responds to.  If Trae wanted to play off the ball it would have happened in a heart beat. I think his dad and the coaches realize that is the best path to winning and Trae’s dad knows he can do that very well too.  Trae needs to feel like the team can be successful doing it that way and he needs time to adjust his mentality. Its hard when he knows there is nobody that can stop him when he has the ball in his hands.  This is where someone like Simmons could really make a difference. Simmons would initiate the fast break much better than Trae. Also, in the half court, they could run the triangle offense through Ben that gets him closer to the basket but still allows him to pass out of the triangle. Trae would be confident the Ben will find him when he is off the ball. Of course 4th quarters wont be a problem because Trae could just take over. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

It seems to me that Capella, more often than not, just watches the other team's player drive to the basket, and he makes no move to switch or help.