• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Moderators
1 hour ago, sturt said:

To the point I'm attempting to affirm..... KCP is a legitimate potential asset in a game offensively that can, on occasion, help you win a game.

That's all I'm trying to say. Well. And. That that can be a valuable asset to have in post season.

2022-02-09_15-50-40.png

656 games played for KCP so that makes it 11.8% of the time he scores 20+ and 1.2% of the time he scored 30+.

Cam played 118 games for the Hawks.  So that means he scored 20+ 11.9% of the time and 1.7% of the time  he scored 30+.

Being right on par with Cam's first three years for the Hawks is not a compliment to someone's ability to be a go-to offensive weapon considering Cam was so unreliable that you'd enjoy his occasional big games but couldn't count on him at all to repeat that kind of performance or be able to call it up on demand.  When I think of "go-to" I think of someone who can do something when you go to them rather than someone who is more likely to give you an 8 point stinker over 35 minutes of play than a 20+ point game. 

To me, KCP's value is almost entirely in his defense.  His offense has never impressed me as he is not particularly efficient and is incredibly inconsistent.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'll be honest and say I can't take the possibility of the Hawks adding both Simmons and Ayton even remotely seriously.  If TS got it done, I would be excited as **** but that seems like a fever dream to me.

It is a fever dream but a good damn dream that might come true.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

656 games played for KCP so that makes it 11.8% of the time he scores 20+ and 1.2% of the time he scored 30+.

Cam played 118 games for the Hawks.  So that means he scored 20+ 11.9% of the time and 1.7% of the time  he scored 30+.

Being right on par with Cam's first three years for the Hawks is not a compliment to someone's ability to be a go-to offensive weapon.

Again, you keep going back to averages, my friend.

I'm saying, one is clearly capable in this 2021-22 season based on how many times he's done it in the past.

I don't care about a year from now. This year only.

And I've only used Cam as a comparable b/c someone brought him up, and he's certainly a familiar figure we can all relate to.

KCP as your third option, if you could get him (and I don't think you can), would effectively be what I don't trust LouWill is likely to be this post season.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, sturt said:

Again, you keep going back to averages, my friend.

I'm saying, one is clearly capable in this 2021-22 season based on how many times he's done it in the past.

I don't care about a year from now. This year only.

And I've only used Cam as a comparable b/c someone brought him up, and he's certainly a familiar figure we can all relate to.

KCP as your third option, if you could get him (and I don't think you can), would effectively be what I don't trust LouWill is likely to be this post season.

I didn't mention averages at all in that post just frequency of these big games.  I am saying the same thing as you:  you should look to how consistently he has done it in the past to project whether he can consistently do it now.  He hasn't done it consistently in the past and can't do it now.  I don't trust KCP at all as our third option.  Not even slightly.

He can be a third option when he is hot which is like 1 out of 4 games.  The other games when he is giving you 7 points you are dead if you are relying on him to be a third option.

Look at what he has done on a team with far less competition for touches and a greater need for him to be that third option:

Games 20+ points:  4 of 50 games

Games 15-19 points:  7 of 50 games

Games 10-14 points:  19 of 50 games

Games 0-9 points:  20 of 50 games

That is not a top 3 option on a playoff team.  That is someone who can step up every so often and give you a big offensive game and then who is likely to give you next to nothing the next night.

(Lou should clearly not be our third option in the post-season either.  Trae, JC, Hunter, Bogi, Huerter and Gallo should all be higher on the "go-to" list than him and you unleash Lou in your "break in case of emergency" situations.)

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, AHF said:

I didn't mention averages at all in that post just frequency of these big games. 

54 minutes ago, AHF said:

In other words, on average KCP scores 11.8% of the time he....

Won't argue with you that, yes, it's a frequency but neither can you argue that it wasn't an average that tells you the frequency.

And I can't emphasize enough, give me the guy who's done it over and over in 8 seasons instead of someone who hasn't... Cam or anyone else.

2 hours ago, AtLaS said:

Don't like it.  We would have two non-shooters who suck at free throws making big money and logging big minutes.  Crunchtime will be tough to play those guys.  Not to mention, it's not like Trae/Hunter/Collins/Heurter are world class 3 pt shooters.  They are respectable but this would become a huge liability IMO.

You can start the game with that lineup.  Nate and LP has a tendency to pull Capela out of games anyway during fouling situations in the 4th, so you can go with the Hunter - Collins - Simmons frontline, with Trae and Huerter in the backcourt.

49 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Interesting that the most well respected NBA reporter is dismissing this. Personally I believe it’s a great chance a deal is completed by tomorrow in some form or fashion but we’ll see.