• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My guy has talked around NBA circles of late

NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

I haven't kept up but why does Phoenix wanna move Ayton?  

It's a good question. Not sure anyone knows, but they didn't extend him so it's assumed they aren't very keen on keeping him. Pretty much it seems like they aren't willing to commit to the money he wants. Probably looking for a Trae Young type of extension.

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

It's a good question. Not sure anyone knows, but they didn't extend him so it's assumed they aren't very keen on keeping him. Pretty much it seems like they aren't willing to commit to the money he wants. Probably looking for a Trae Young type of extension.

They aren't going to pay him the max extension he wanted and can just S&T him away to say, Atlanta, for a center they like in Capela that's cheaper.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Is he that much better than capela , he has a small midrange game I've noticed , def more fluid than capela but still mostly does damage like capela lots of lobs and pnr

Offensively Ayton is better, but defensively Capela is better. Problem with Capela is he is declining in health and production and Ayton hasn't even gotten to his prime yet. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Is he that much better than capela , he has a small midrange game I've noticed , def more fluid than capela but still mostly does damage like capela lots of lobs and pnr

Yes but he has an elite inside post game that we don’t get to see often but would give teams fits all day long if he was able to get more post ups.

Ayton is very good at scoring with his back to the basket similar to Sabonis but of course Ayton has a size advantage over Sabonis.

if it weren’t for CP3 we’d probably never see Ayton get any post ups playing beside Booker. In the future I don’t believe Ayton and booker would work out well just like it wasn’t going well until CP3 came along.

now I do understand that more post ups for bigs slows the tempo down but Ayton is special in this regard. He can honestly do both and be effective which capela cannot be. When the playoffs hit all those easy fast breaks and oops stop. The game is slowed down ….Ayton is uniquely built for both atmospheres. He can do everything capela can do and if you get back and he actually gets his opportunities he can punish you inside and on face up mid rangers.

not to mention his defense which was his biggest knock coming out of college has greatly improved. As you said a lot more fluid than Capela. 

Ayton has been a 17-10 guy so far but honestly give him the opportunity and he’s really a 22-10 type of guy in my opinion. Booker is the reason we don’t see him stand out on offense more because as they have said booker constantly breaks the offense but when they are winning no one complains…I don’t believe Trae would do that. I believe Trae is the type that will keep feeding his big man if he’s going to work in the post.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Offensively Ayton is better, but defensively Capela is better. Problem with Capela is he is declining in health and production and Ayton hasn't even gotten to his prime yet. 

Honestly I think Ayton is a bit more versatile when it comes to playing against small lineups unlike capela. Around the rim I’d definitely say capela has his beat defensively but as these teams switch to small ball as often as they do they’ve figured out how to punish us when keeping capela on the floor near the end of games. 

Ayton does better vs small lineups and will make his opponents pay for going small on him offensively.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Knicks will trade Randle, Fournier, and Derrick Rose for Russell Westbrook.

That's the news I want to hear by lunchtime.

Did you see Stephen A. Smith? Oh man, he wasn’t having him on the Knicks either, I mean he gave him his dues but then said: KNICKS NEED SHOOTERS AND HE’S NOT A SHOOTER. :laugh1:

• Haha 1