Official Game Thread: Who-Dey-Hawks at Trivial-Blazers

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Bad defensive teams don't win in the NBA. It's just a fact.  

Everybody forgets the 2016 Cavs that won the championship...  They were less than mediocre on defense... but that's not to suggest that we don't need to be better that's just to end that dumb ass notion. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

The rotation has to stop.  I get Trae can't play all 48 mins, but watching us lose a lead to start every 4th quarter (if we even had one) is getting old. He gets a breather at the end of the 3rd. At least let him start the 4th to jumpstart the offense and then sub him out early. There is a major momentum shift that happens at the end of one quarter and the beginning of the next. 

We lose that momentum every game it seems. And we expect Trae to come cold after sitting for 15 actual real life minutes and bail us out every night.

Truth is, we NEED that 2nd star who can be on the floor when Trae isn't and get his own offense. That's what we are missing right now. 

ALL THIS^^^

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The big problem with this team is that our wings are not tough.  They don't rebound.  They don't force turnovers.  And they can't slow down people.

Getting Dre back will help, because he is a good on the ball defender.  But he doesn't rebound either.

I mean the G-Leaguers played with more effort and toughness than these guys tonight.

They're soft.. Just say it.....

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If there was a trade that could get us Caruso, I would be on board with it.  I agree. 

I ran it through the Dieselputer... There is absolutely nothing that we can offer Chicago except Trae.. that they would take for any of their players. 

It's sad because Wright costs the same thing.  I would give them Wright and 2 first rounders.  No Protection.  But they wouldn't take it.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I know they wont' do it but God I would kill to have Caruso on this team. He's exactly what we need as a backup point that could also play with Trae. 

I am tired of getting so angry after almost every game we play. Our offense is A+. Seriously. This Hawks team right now is the best offensive Hawks team I have ever seen. And it is also the worst Hawks defensive team I have ever seen. 

We need to move some of the dead weight out of the roster. The only way to keep Nate from playing some of these scrubs is to trade them or release them. I can't take more Lou and Gallo going iso and failing to score and most importantly not playing any defense. TLC is terrible. I wish we would have kept Lance over him. 

That consolidation trade that NBA social media and bloggers have been yammering about for two years needs to happen. We need to get some f***ing defense on this team.

The problem is the two guys you want trade help the defense.

The problem is communication on the defensive end. Bringing someone in will make it worse.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The big problem with this team is that our wings are not tough.  They don't rebound.  They don't force turnovers.  And they can't slow down people.

Getting Dre back will help, because he is a good on the ball defender.  But he doesn't rebound either.

I mean the G-Leaguers played with more effort and toughness than these guys tonight.

When you replace JC with Gallo.. you will have a lack of rebounds.   Period.   We get back Hunter and JC and even Bogi and our defense will be much better. 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Because our perimeter defense offers ZERO resistance on the perimeter, it starts there. guys aren't fighting thru screens and are calling for switches which pulls Capela from the paint. Lazy defense. Play your man first, look for help second.

So true. Lazy is the perfect word for our team defense. It is so apparent after watching a bunch of gleaguers come up and give consistent effort on defense and win games. Our starters come back and think we can just layoff guys and hope they miss.  Fake defensive effort is ridiculous. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

When we cut it to 2 with 43 seconds left, and we have up the 3 point play to Nirkic it was over. 

Yeah.  The second Nirkic score when he lucked it off the glass was the dagger. 

That score was an unprepared Hawks team coming out of the time out. 

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Everybody forgets the 2016 Cavs that won the championship...  They were less than mediocre on defense... but that's not to suggest that we don't need to be better that's just to end that dumb ass notion. 

They were 10th in def rating... and also one of the least likely championship teams in a while.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

The rotation has to stop.  I get Trae can't play all 48 mins, but watching us lose a lead to start every 4th quarter (if we even had one) is getting old. He gets a breather at the end of the 3rd. At least let him start the 4th to jumpstart the offense and then sub him out early. There is a major momentum shift that happens at the end of one quarter and the beginning of the next. 

We lose that momentum every game it seems. And we expect Trae to come cold after sitting for 15 actual real life minutes and bail us out every night.

Truth is, we NEED that 2nd star who can be on the floor when Trae isn't and get his own offense. That's what we are missing right now. 

He came it with 7:40 left tonight and didn't attempt a shot until 4:08. He wasn't even trying to touch the ball during that stretch apart from that double dribble. That makes me think he was still trying to catch his breath so I'm not sure what the answer is with his minutes. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If there was a trade that could get us Caruso, I would be on board with it.  I agree. 

Josh Hart is a player I'd like to see on this team.  He can defend 3 positions, rebound at a very high rate, and make timely shots.  And he'd be the best all-around wing on the team.

• Premium Member

Delon Wright has to go. He is playing like he is on a tanking team with no urgency or purpose. It is like he doesn't understand why he is here.  High motor defensive effort while going hard in the 18 minutes he gets a game. Push the pace for fast breaks and be ready to hit open shots when they come. 9 mil should get us that. 

• Like 2

The coaching staff forcing Gallo and Lou onto the floor will be the death of us this year.

Both of those guys are horrible and useless. They simply eat minutes and add nothing to winning .......

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Defense is a BIG problem....but this is a whole Fuster Cluck to start the 4th quarter (the first 4+ minutes when the game was lost). These are the offensive possessions:

Gallo TO
Gallo missed 3
Wright missed 3
Okongwo 2 pts
Gallo missed 3
Lou missed 3
Lou TO
Mays missed 3
Team turnover.

WE SCORED 2 POINTS ‼

• Sad 4

1 minute ago, MarylandHawk said:

Delon Wright has to go. He is playing like he is on a tanking team with no urgency or purpose. It is like he doesn't understand why he is here.  High motor defensive effort while going hard in the 18 minutes he gets a game. Push the pace for fast breaks and be ready to hit open shots when they come. 9 mil should get us that. 

Might as well play Rife.. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

You think Denver would part with one of their PGs?

We need to do something...16-20 isnt much better than 14-20 last season...Ressler cant be happy.. Regardless of the situation....

LOu/ Gallo especially should be on the block as we speak...

Edited by terrell

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You think Denver would part with one of their PGs?

I could find a pg in the Gleague better than Lou and Delon if I tried......How can Travis and Nate watch this shit and keep playing them? Lou is done.. And Delon is a bad fit.. Play Rife or make a trade...

Edited by terrell