Official Game Thread: Raptors at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Trae went off..  He actually played some decent defense too. He didnt fight over some screens as much as I liked but I'll take it...

Bogi still looks good.

OO played well..

Gallo was horrible on offense, but played some decent defense at times believe it or not..

Huerter played better. Anytime he scores over 12+ on good efficiency,  and get some assists and boards Ill take it..You just never know what youre gonna get..

I still dont know what to make of Hunter on offense.. He played good D on Paskal though....

JJ should get all of Knox' min going forward..

Good win considering We need to win every game possible.

I wish I could predict which Hawks team will show up for which game this season.

On to the next one...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

There are no "yeah, buts" this time a year.

It's not like Toronto didn't need this win, especially with the schedule they have coming up.

The Raptors have won 9 of their last 12 games, and have been one of the top 7 teams in the NBA since Dec. 31st.

This is a GOOD win.

I'll take every single win we can get... but my point is we'll find out more about this team coming up against Boston and Chicago then we did tonight against a Toronto team that has been absolutely embarassing the last two games. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

There are no "yeah, buts" this time a year.

It's not like Toronto didn't need this win, especially with the schedule they have coming up.

The Raptors have won 9 of their last 12 games, and have been one of the top 7 teams in the NBA since Dec. 31st.

This is a GOOD win.

^This. All these wins are important regardless of who we play.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dexmethylphenidate said:

Nate needs to play the rooks. They were pretty highly regarded. Don't like the development aspect of Nate

Agreed. Every team, whether rebuilding or over the cap with max contracts, has to find minutes and hopefully roles for young guys, especially while they are cheap. Freezing them out of the rotation will only hurt you in the long run.

Our problem is we are loaded with mid level-type players on medium sized contracts. Starting next year, our payroll is going to become much more top heavy and these rookie deal guys are going to be a huge relief for us. They got to get prepared to contribute

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Closer to helping us win.  Simple as that.  Like it or not.

no way lol. Knox is -9 box score+- per game with a 5 PER and 37% TS percentage and atrocious defense on top of that. I don't think there's been literally anyone worse in the NBA since he's been on our team. If JJ can't be an improvement over that than he is a bust who should be traded ASAP.

4 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

no way lol. Knox is -9 box score+- per game with a 5 PER and 37% TS percentage and atrocious defense on top of that. I don't think there's been literally anyone worse in the NBA since he's been on our team. If JJ can't be an improvement over that than he is a bust who should be traded ASAP.

Knowing where to be and when > not quite knowing where to be and when. 

Not quite knowing where to be and when =/= being a bust

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Knowing where to be and when > not quite knowing where to be and when. 

Not quite knowing where to be and when =/= being a bust

But this is ridiculous. We are 60 games into the season, we haven't taught him where to be and when? Knox has been on the team a couple of weeks and looks lost like Bambi looking for his mother the entire time he is out there. JJ can't be better than this? That's worrying to say the least.