• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pistons

lethalweapon3

10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We're playing well offensively, but couldn't stop a baby going after a milk bottle.

Crawling Baby GIFs | Tenor

Bad Trae and non-existent defense is a bad combo.....

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Hawks playing with their food.

If they don't take control of this game in the 3rd, it's danger time.

Game is pretty much going like I expected though.

It's not surprising but extremely disappointing. We are well rested, we should be able to put effort on defense, but we just don't care. Every game is crucial regardless of the opponent because we need every single win we can get. I would expect the team, the whole team, to understand this and rally behind it. Still, one half left, let's see if the team can at least turn it up for the second half. 

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

It's not surprising but extremely disappointing. We are well rested, we should be able to put effort on defense, but we just don't care. Every game is crucial regardless of the opponent because we need every single win we can get. I would expect the team, the whole team, to understand this and rally behind it. Still, one half left, let's see if the team can at least turn it up for the second half. 

It's not that we don't care.  The Hawks don't have tremendous athletes on this team to maybe lock in defensively like most of us want.

Maybe we just can't do it, especially when we play small.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It's not that we don't care.  The Hawks don't have tremendous athletes on this team to maybe lock in defensively like most of us want.

Maybe we just can't do it, especially when we play small.

i don't agree, this exact same squad minus Delon and Hunter was putting up a top 12 defensive rating last year under nate. So no, we shouldn't be this bad. It may not be that we aren't "trying", but we certainly aren't locked in and playing smart, which to me is the same thing. We need to be in playoff mode, this is NOT playoff mode.