• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Clippers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Dexmethylphenidate said:

I like the shorten rotation. That way the best players are on the floor at any minute. May be even better to go 8 men rotation in the playin

Best Players is relative.

Delon and OO are our best defensive players.   We don't get that with the starters.   We have a decent defensive bunch maybe even less than average.   However, when these two get out there, the other team stops scoring at will. 

Lou Gallo and Bogi all hit big shots.  It doesn't make sense to put limits on these guys especially the way that we have gelled. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ya Clint did this is the playoff games against the Warriors as a rookie and second year player, I remember him chasing Curry and getting him off the 3 point line. He’s good at that. Nice.

13 hours ago, Sothron said:

We need to talk more about dropping Wright out of the rotation. Huge mistake. He is the best defensive guard we have BY FAR and we need him in the rotation. Dropping him out to give Lou more minutes is insane. 

Yeah that cements my indifference toward Nate.  Delon and OO are my favs on the squad.  All of your wings and guards have a negative defensive box except Delon, who’s +1.9.  Thats outstanding guard level.  Makes sense to sit him on a team that rates 27th in defense.  3.78 assists for every turnover must be a bad thing too SMGDH.

I’ve always thought GMs, coaches, and players should have around a 54/ 46 split on attention paid to defense and offense, respectively.  That’s how my favorite championship teams were skewed.  I recently averaged all the ratings for NBA Champs since I started watching(‘88-‘89).  The average offensive rating was 6.06, defensive was 5.42.  The sh$t checks out.

I actually though the Hawks could hover around Top 10 in both boy I feel like a clown.  Injuries to Dre and OO played a part as well as Cam being a knucklehead but ultimately team defense comes down to coaching.  Nate’s revamped staff just ain’t it.  Taylor Jenkins and crew would have this group middle-of-the-pack easy.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Yeah that cements my indifference toward Nate.  Delon and OO are my favs on the squad.  All of your wings and guards have a negative defensive box except Delon, who’s +1.9.  Thats outstanding guard level.  Makes sense to sit him on a team that rates 27th in defense.  3.78 assists for every turnover must be a bad thing too SMGDH.

I’ve always thought GMs, coaches, and players should have around a 54/ 46 split on attention paid to defense and offense, respectively.  That’s how my favorite championship teams were skewed.  I recently averaged all the ratings for NBA Champs since I started watching(‘88-‘89).  The average offensive rating was 6.06, defensive was 5.42.  The sh$t checks out.

I actually though the Hawks could hover around Top 10 in both boy I feel like a clown.  Injuries to Dre and OO played a part as well as Cam being a knucklehead but ultimately team defense comes down to coaching.  Nate’s revamped staff just ain’t it.  Taylor Jenkins and crew would have this group middle-of-the-pack easy.

I don't believe the bolded but the rest is realistic. I still think Delon has overall fit issues and I've been complaining about them since day 1. OO is still raw in some ways. He's just not close to a finish product and he does things you want a center or 4 to do more of but he doesn't. I still don't think he's as good as even rookie Horford yet but he's only a 2nd year player that would be a Junior in college. He's really really young and very talented.

• Like 1