• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Build Proposals Around Trae = Exercise in Futility

benhillboy

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

He's been getting worked by more experienced Centers.   It's not been the height... it's been the fact that these experienced guys are crafty and know that he will go for every fake and faint instinctively.    

Hell,  Hakeem was no 7 footer.  However, from his play, you couldn't tell...

Hakeem was 7'0 with a 7'6 wingspan....

Hunter has a longer wingspan than OO...

OO is way stronger though..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

UFA players with size that could improvisado our defense and strength. Boucher, Hartenstein, Jalen Smith, Mcgee, Whiteside, Drummond, Thomas Bryant, Thadeous Young, Covington, Kyle Anderson, Otto Porter, Bruce Brown, Garay Harris, there are a lot of options there. I would lo e to get Jalen Smith.

Points and Assist generated

1. Trae Young (50.0) 2. Luka Doncic (48.6) 3. James Harden (45.7) 4. LeBron James (45.2) 5. Giannis Antetokounmpo (45.1) 6. Nikola Jokic (44.6) 7. Kevin Durant (43.9) 8. Ja Morant (43.3) 9. Dejounte Murray (42.7) 10. Kyrie Irving (41.5)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 3/25/2022 at 11:09 AM, Diesel said:

😁

Yeah.. I was thinking about KAT when it wrote that so sue me if it goes to fast.

Sooooooooooooo....  Nobody's gonna say it?  Really?  Nobody...?  Ok, I guess I'll do it dammit...

Spoiler

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

He and OO are the only ones on the roster playing above their average this year.

People say that the team is fine in terms of scoring, but only having one player that can impose their will on other teams is a problem.

I find it funny people are attacking OO in this thread. I guess they are trying to convince others that he's expendable when I don't see OO expendable at all. I see him and Trae as the must keeps. Bogi as the nice fit I would like to keep. Everyone else can go. 

I love Capela. He's been nothing short of above expectations but he's just not good enough to be our legit #2 option on offense which is really what he is as everything is built around him. 

JC issue has been what I've been bitchin about for years and I used to get attacked often on here about it and now everyone sees, he's just too small to play with Trae. He gotta go. He's a top 8 PF for sure and can help any NBA team but as long as he has to be protected on certain matchups which Trae has to be protected for all, he's can't stay. 

Hunter don't fit for shit. 

Kevin is redundant and he don't have the mentality to be more than a 6th man anyway. 

The only exception is Gallo. I actually think Gallo is critical as well. I don't see JJ being ready for major mins next year and his best position right now is the small ball 5 as I've seen in College Park. 

This team is building around the right player and yes, there are major issues with that but make no mistake. This is our best horse, just a difficult one to ride.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Last year with Clint playing like a DPOY and Bogi making his best All-Star wing impersonation the team was top 5 in offensive rating and top 12 in defensive rating under Nate... Which is championship level, and if it wasn't for Trae getting clipped they might have made it and possibly won the finals. This year so much has gone wrong outside of Trae. Trae is actually playing at a higher level at both ends compared to last year, it's completely not on him the team has fallen off. 

Bogi was amazing. A lot of Capela stuff we are doing even more of this year but this is the NBA, they will adjust and adapt to stop you or slow you down.

PG Trae Young

SG Jalen Johnson (developed)

SF DeAndre Hunter 

PF John Collins 

C Onyeka Okongwu 

PG Delon Wright/Sharife Cooper 

SG Bogdan Bogdanovic/Skylar Mays 

SF Kevin Huerter 

PF Gallo/ (rookie maybe or I'd take Nathan Knight)

C Clint Capela 

Honestly we built a nice squad around Trae. I'd love to still have Cam but we definitely have the squad.

5 minutes ago, sillent said:

PG Trae Young

SG Jalen Johnson (developed)

SF DeAndre Hunter 

PF John Collins 

C Onyeka Okongwu 

PG Delon Wright/Sharife Cooper 

SG Bogdan Bogdanovic/Skylar Mays 

SF Kevin Huerter 

PF Gallo/ (rookie maybe or I'd take Nathan Knight)

C Clint Capela 

Honestly we built a nice squad around Trae. I'd love to still have Cam but we definitely have the squad.

I'm one of the biggest Jalen Johnson fans here, but he isn't a Guard. He's a Power Forward who *can* play SF and Small ball Center. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I'm one of the biggest Jalen Johnson fans here, but he isn't a Guard. He's a Power Forward who *can* play SF and Small ball Center. 

I feel ya. I was just looking at him like we would have if we got Ben Simmons. I know he's not there yet.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Wretch said:

Sooooooooooooo....  Nobody's gonna say it?  Really?  Nobody...?  Ok, I guess I'll do it dammit...

Reveal hidden contents

I started to feel my age when nobody said it...😁

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, LucastheThird said:

He's primarily a small ball 5 in College Park. When he was playing the 4, the Skyhawks was losing a lot of games.

• Thanks 1

On 3/26/2022 at 12:40 AM, Plainview1981 said:

I've bashed Trae plenty over the years, but this doesn't seem logical.

This team was at the very start of the rebuilding phase when Trae was drafted. This was not very talented the first two years of his career. 

The best player Trae has played with so far is a 3rd option at best.

Trae has yet to play with a well built team.

MWN Blog: First dry weekend of 2018 enroute!

• Haha 3