• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hey! De'Andre Hunter haters

NBASupes

38 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Exactly this.  There's a couple of posters on here flexing like 3rd quarter Dre was showing up all year and we're just too stupid to see it.  But he scored more points (16) in the 3rd quarter last night than he did in 37 of the 53 ENTIRE GAMES he played all year.  And his 4 3rd quarter boards were equal or more than he had in 41 of his 53 games.  He was criticized for a reason this year.  But last night was great. Hopefully it continues Friday.  

There are guys with fragile egos that give themselves self inflated titles like scout and analyst.  It comes across as desperate to validate yourself and your opinion when you call people out after one good quarter.  Then saying condescending stuff like people don’t know good basketball.  Can you wait for at least two good games in a row before you come out with a big head and call people stupid?

I’m just a fan not trying to claim I’m above others, but it’s not hard to see Hunter as been a let down this season.  If he starts to plays like last night consistently, that would be awesome for our franchise.  Let’s see how he plays against the much better Cleveland front line.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

There are guys with fragile egos that give themselves self inflated titles like scout and analyst.  It comes across as desperate to validate yourself and your opinion when you call people out after one good quarter.  Then saying condescending stuff like people don’t know good basketball.  Can you wait for at least two good games in a row before you come out with a big head and call people stupid?

I’m just a fan not trying to claim I’m above others, but it’s not hard to see Hunter as been a let down this season.  If he starts to plays like last night consistently, that would be awesome for our franchise.  Let’s see how he plays against the much better Cleveland front line.  

Just give Hunter credit.

Let's see how he plays against Cleveland? Well let's hope he plays better. 

No idea why some of you guys have agendas with certain players.  

Your take that wing stop sucks always causes you to give them back handed compliments. 

Hunter has had a knee, back and wrist injury this season. With no offseason to work on his game. Again, I'll still be patient with him because I think he will be better.  He shot 44% overall and 37.5% on threes.  He's not a complete bust.

Everytime he started to play better he got injured, that Kelly Oubre injury with the back set him back the most imo.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Just give Hunter credit.

Your take that wing stop sucks always causes you to give them back handed compliments. 

Hunter has had a knee, back and wrist injury this season. With no offseason to work on his game. Again, I'll still be patient with him because I think he will be better.  He shot 44% overall and 37.5% on threes.  He's not a complete bust.

Everytime he started to play better he got injured, that Kelly Oubre injury with the back set him back the most imo.

I don't think most folks have written off Hunter, but it's pretty reasonable to lament his production this year. Especially when the Hawks had such a disappointing year record wise.  We can use the injuries as a valid excuse, but it doesn't change the very real fact that his output this year was subpar for a starting forward in the NBA.  Among forwards that started at least 50 games this year, he ranks 43rd out of 66 in pts scored and 57th in rebounding.  That's pretty pedestrian. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Just give Hunter credit.

Hunter has had a knee, back and hand injury this season. With no offseason to work on his game. Again, I'll still be patient with him because I think he will be better.  He shot 44% overall and 37.5% on threes on threes.  He's not a complete bust.

I did give him props in the game thread.  Here's what I believe:  
1. Hunter has been a huge let down this year.  I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt with the Oubre hit.  People corrected me and said he should have gotten over it.  Show me where people have been claiming Hunter has been playing bad because of injury.  He's played bad overall.  He's played bad for a #4 pick.  He's played bad relative to his expectations, and I hope to God it's because of injuries.  
2.  I've always said I still believe Hunter can turn things around.  That his problems are not because of Trae and heliocentric bull crap.  He was awesome the beginning of last season, and I keep waiting to see that version of Hunter.

Additionally wing stop has been a failure to this point.  If Hunter can't deliver consistently, we invested a lot of draft capital in two guys who don't move the needle for a franchise.  I'm pulling for him to succeed and still being realistic about his results.  Can you do both?  

Finally, what the heck is with calling people out after he plays good for one frickin quarter?  It's like you don't consider an entire season of mediocre play, and then rub one good quarter in people's faces. People just stated the obvious, he didn't look like an NBA starter all year.  What is there to call people out on? 

Nothing would make me happier than to see Hunter play like last night the rest of his career.

• Like 1