• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official PLAY-IN Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, kg01 said:

I'd love to see Lauri Markkanen's face when he realizes the stats for this game don't officially count.  Haha, he had the game of his life and no one'll ever know.

They need to fix this. If we are gonna have playin games these games stats need to go in the books as playoff stats.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

They need to fix this. If we are gonna have playin games these games stats need to go in the books as playoff stats.

Ok, Lauri😉

Kidding but I agree.  They shld atleast just make these regular season extensions or something.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

The refs were allowing Caris Levert... to Handcheck everybody.   They applauded him for his defense on Gallo...  I saw a lot of pushing and grabbing. 

The supposed "block" on Hunter that was all hand and no ball was LeVert as well, wasn't it?

• Thanks 4

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ok, Lauri😉

Kidding but I agree.  They shld atleast just make these regular season extensions or something.

They need to go SOMEWHERE!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I had a friend that is a Cleveland sports fan actually call me during halftime and started gloating about the game. When the game was over I called him back three times. On the 3rd time his wife answered and said he can't talk to you, he's crying and can't talk.

I am evil.  Drinking tears of opposing fan bases is a new favorite playoff activity.  

Something special about taking out NYK and Philly last year.  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member

Before we close the book on this win...

Can we say that Dieng didn't F this up!!  He came in and play Decently.  Gave some good picks.  Played defense defense.  missed his three pointer but if he would have hit it... Curtains!

• Like 4

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I can see why you would be confused about Hunter.  He actually would have hit more completely wide open shots if he didn’t play in heliocentric system that limits quality touches for wings.  Of course he was missing them and getting benched.  He’s in the wrong system to take advantage of his skills.  15 shots isn’t enough to get in rhythm.

Also, it only looked like a close game because of the Cavs making shots they normally miss.  

Am I doing this right?  

No.  You got to say heliocentric at least two times... and then you have to pull out some unknown ass stat like "win responsibility" and say that Hunter's play on Special Teams is equivalent to 6 wins... alone.   Not to mention what he does on offense and defense. 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Final_quest said:

I can see why you would be confused about Hunter.  He actually would have hit more completely wide open shots if he didn’t play in heliocentric system that limits quality touches for wings.  Of course he was missing them and getting benched.  He’s in the wrong system to take advantage of his skills.  15 shots isn’t enough to get in rhythm.

Also, it only looked like a close game because of the Cavs making shots they normally miss.  

Am I doing this right?  

The shots were too completely wide open, that's low key the greatest weakness of the heliocentric system we run, because it looks on the surface like incredible quality looks but when the shots are too open there is greater pressure to make them leading to fools gold looks and thus bad efficiency for our wings.