• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

30 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Now this makes sense. LaVine is the perfect offensive fit to Trae. Ayton/Gobert is just icing on the cake.

Tony gonna have to shell out some money

image.png.82f6a19f24ce68a68b0a031e0dd96e29.png

Starts out about $37 million.  I believe 24/25 is when the salary cap is supposed to triple so his and Ayton's deals will look like steals by then. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I wanted Luka. I was very clear on that. Hence why I went berserk when we drafted him and then traded him.

You had a tantrum 

tenor.gif

Followed by a meltdown

tenor.gif

It was glorious :laugh1:

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It needed to be a joint decision one way or the other and it wasn't a joint decision. So as far as I know the status quo remains the same.

giphy.gif

Shall we play the game that's sweeping the Squawk.......WHO was the holdout?

0x%2BeXh2HDbyctY=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm sure there are some long receipts to pull from all of us...no shame in eating crow

R.5c73c7ffbf1bbc70d86a8b8fd7740b87?rik=F

Damn, I have to give myself a STURT Bump here...

2 years ago I said:

That's BS.

Steph is not declining... and I believe it points out the problem with your ability to observe talent.   Steph needs certain players around him to take pressure off of him.. as do most star players... including Lavine.   Steph was more free when he had Klay and KD playing with him.   He had to adjust to having a scorer like KD but he did.  That's not declining. 

Lavine is the whole offense for Chicago.  The Whole offense.  If you put him with other guys who can play offense and he will shine and that team will win. 

Ok...  Add Derozen to Chicago and viola!!!

Apply the same thing to Trae... who is a much stronger offensive force than Lavine...  and ....  

Don't doubt the Dieselputer!

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You musta had that one que'd up!!

😄

Me patiently waiting to revisit that Lavine conversation...

Sniper GIFs | Tenor

I wanted to wait until the offseason, but I couldn't hold onto it man. lol

• Haha 3

I have a suspicion that Lavine will resign with the Bulls after using the Hawks as leverage to increase what the Bulls will eventually pay him. IIUC, he can get an extra year and $50 something million more from Chicago than anyone else. Maybe he doesn’t get that full amount, but he can negotiate for something more than what anyone else can pay him. 

Maybe if the Hawks get Ayton first, we become a little more attractive, but I also have to think as things currently stand, Bulls are better than the Hawks. They were the best or second best team in the East when healthy. 

The facade will likely waste the Hawks FO time trying to bring him here, and potentially lose out on getting someone else. 

I wish they would prioritize SGA over Lavine.  Go for someone already under contract that is team controlled would be safer than trying to negotiate and woo both a player and a team. 

26 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I have a suspicion that Lavine will resign with the Bulls after using the Hawks as leverage to increase what the Bulls will eventually pay him. IIUC, he can get an extra year and $50 something million more from Chicago than anyone else. Maybe he doesn’t get that full amount, but he can negotiate for something more than what anyone else can pay him. 

Maybe if the Hawks get Ayton first, we become a little more attractive, but I also have to think as things currently stand, Bulls are better than the Hawks. They were the best or second best team in the East when healthy. 

The facade will likely waste the Hawks FO time trying to bring him here, and potentially lose out on getting someone else. 

I wish they would prioritize SGA over Lavine.  Go for someone already under contract that is team controlled would be safer than trying to negotiate and woo both a player and a team. 

But Lavine is going to be UFA anyway, so if we are on his short list then that is good besides this is not the only play that the Hawks is looking at (there is more behind the scenes) and that SGA/Draft Pick might be the key (but I thinking it going to be a pretty penny for that)

• Premium Member

LaVine flew to Los Angeles just before the All-Star break to visit Dr. Neal ElAttrache -- who performed LaVine's ACL surgery in 2017 and Tuesday's procedure -- and received a platelet-rich plasma therapy, a cortisone shot and had fluid drained from his left knee to continue playing the rest of the season. He missed 13 of the team's final 43 games for maintenance on his knee.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I know this fact.

If they're after Lavine, a couple dudes here gonna be backpeddlin' from their previous anti-Lavine comments so fast it's gonna make Neon Deion himself jealous.

Who ... me?  Nah, not me.  Of course, not me.

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47r8t8hkvkgij1ubdfj3k

(Wonder if I can bribe @lethalweapon3 to erase my postin' history.)

image.gif.4de3d33a8c084cb0110fd24ebda451d6.gif

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

His knees are the biggest reason why Chicago has issues with maxing LaVine.

Sorry to bug you but do you still intend to do the around the nba post??

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

image.gif.4de3d33a8c084cb0110fd24ebda451d6.gif

A core 3 of Trae Lavine gobert/ayton would make us the prohibited favorites imo!

• Admin
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

His knees are the biggest reason why Chicago has issues with maxing LaVine.

And a reason why we should look elsewhere… we need another scorer yes but we need solid D just as much or more

• Like 1