• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

• Premium Member

So here's what I've got, Sunday June 5, 2022... fwiw, almost certainly nothing...

Two OKC trades, but with a new twist to boost our low post defense in addition to acquiring Roby...

Trade 1a

Gallo for Vasilje Micic (ostensibly a contract of no more than the $8.85m/yr for which Gallo could be traded for... (($5m x 1.75)+100K)

Trade 1b

BogBog + #16 pick for Lu Dort, Kenrich Williams, Isaiah Roby and Derrick Favors + #34 pick

Free Agent

Get Delon back

Outcome

1s: Young, Cooper

1.5s: Wright, Micic, Mays

2s: Dort

2.5s Huerter, Williams

3s Hunter

3.5s: Johnson

4s:

4.5s: Collins, Favors, Roby

5s: Capela, Okongwu

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Is this real? lol

Yeah . . . keep that dude away from ATL. 

If he's willing to say that already about Brooklyn, without playing a single game, there's no telling what his mindset will be when he actually IS healthy.  Let that be Brooklyn's headache.  If it works for them, great.  If it doesn't, that's great too.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If he's willing to say that already about Brooklyn, without playing a single game, there's no telling what his mindset will be when he actually IS healthy.  Let that be Brooklyn's headache.  If it works for them, great.  If it doesn't, that's great too.

Could be that Brooklyn has a toxic culture with Kyrie and Harden.  KD not being happy about the way things are going down. 

If Simmons says he will play in Atlanta, I'll bring him in.  When healthy, he and Trae compliment each other's weaknesses better than any other players.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Not sure if its a real quote or not.. lol

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

No way the Celtics are that much better than the Hawks TALENT wise.  Its coaching, defense, and not letting one player dominate the offense.  Its a complete cohesive unit that swarms on defense AND offense.  Its that simple.  It doesn't matter who the Hawks draft, trade for or sign as a free agent if the first three points are not addressed.  This could've been said 142 pages ago.  The first point is the first problem.  Address the coaching.  What is mostly likely gonna happen is the perfect candidate for the gig, Quinn Synder (who I have been harping for) is gonna replace the Spurs head coach after next season.

Synder has been linked to the Spurs as far back as March as this article explains.  I could care less about his differences with the Jazz front office and how that team is being built.  It works in the Hawks favor. The Pops/Bud system is perfect for how the Hawks are constructed. Synder also isn't afraid to get on his superstar out in Utah.  He has the personality and coaching chops to get this Hawks team where it needs to be.  The Hawks GM should persuade him to not hold out for the Spurs job and come to the Hawks.  They can do that or keep the guy who keeps his arms folded in front of him trying to look tough and don't know what the heck is he doing.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10029741-nba-rumors-jazzs-quin-snyder-seen-as-possible-gregg-popovich-replacement-with-spurs

Utah Jazz head coach Quin Snyder is viewed as a potential candidate to eventually replace Gregg Popovich as head coach of the San Antonio Spurs, according to NBA insider Marc Stein (h/t Sam Quinn of CBS Sports). 

How 'Bout This Jazz' podcast: Was Quin Snyder's pregame monologue  confirmation of the Utah Jazz's drama this season?

Quin Snyder named Utah Jazz head coach | Shaw Sports

Hawks Assistant Quin Snyder Hired as Utah Jazz Head Coach

Actually I did address it numerous times even with a mod who told me that front office would prefer to trade players rather than pay 2 coaches

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Could be that Brooklyn has a toxic culture with Kyrie and Harden.  KD not being happy about the way things are going down. 

If Simmons says he will play in Atlanta, I'll bring him in.  When healthy, he and Trae compliment each other's weaknesses better than any other players.

Lol!!!

12 minutes ago, akay said:

Yall, please don't become victim to a buttcrack sports tweet lol.

If Simmons is unhappy we should definitely make a play for him imo, but that tweet doesn't mean anything 

Lmao I was just about to say I know y’all not falling for a buttcrack sports tweet 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Ben "Medusa" Simmons... so tempting, yet so dangerous.

medusa-story-11.jpg

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

I've seen Ivey play. I'm a big fan of his. I'm not giving up John for Ivey to be good in two to three years.

If you want to do it for a wing on the team, sure. 

NOT JC. 

Our wings suck tho.... Ivey doesn't. JC is the only one with value to get something back like this. 

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Jalen Johnson in my opinion was an absolute steal, and McMillan made a terrible decision by not finding a way to get him into the rotation. His dribbling and passing skills are much better than our other bigs, and he's got the athleticism to play small forward. It's the 3 point shot that's needs to improve, but even without it, he could have heelped us this season. Gallo did not need to get all of Collins minutes when he was injured, and TLC should have never gotten minutes ahead of Johnson.

Thanks for the response. Good thoughts.

I wanted JJ to get those minutes that became available after JC got hurt. With you on that much.

But I get it... you can't assume that a kid who in his previous two years played 9 and 13 games respectively, and then played a few minutes in a few games at a pro level and a few more at a G-league level... and too, midseason had his own health issues curtailing his development... isn't going to be overwhelmed by the expectations. And, in light of the context that McM had to be conscious of a double-whammy that, beyond overwhelming and discouraging him individually, McM wasn't exactly ever able to take the foot off the pedal in the pursuit of a post-season berth... even late, after we'd sealed a play-in slot, there remained some possibility that a better seeding would evolve for us.

I wish it had been different. I may have made a different call if I were the head coach.

But I understand the decision. And I respect the decision... because I just can't know what McM and his staff know, nor even if I did, would I have the credentials to be able to persuade anyone that my conclusions are smarter. They'd worked with JJ and they have some past experiences to draw upon. In all intellectual humility, I have to acquiesce to the belief they had a grasp of what was best.

And.

I would argue differently if, after all that, they still didn't make the post season. Then, it would have been a waste of an opportunity in 20/20 hindsight. It turned out the decision, at least for certain, didn't cost us a post season slot. Maybe JJ will turn out to be so good so fast next season that we all will re-visit the conversation, and wonder if he might have been a difference maker versus MIA. At the moment anyway, though, that seems intensely optimistic.