The cobbled together, stuff we held on to during the playoffs mega super rumor and team direction thread.

thecampster

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yep.

Guys signing new deals under the new increased salary cap number will always end up making more than previously signed contracta. Bam signed when the salary cap was $112 mil.....Trae and Ayton will be signed under a $122 mil salary cap.

Shout out to all our capologists/ transactionologists lol.  I don’t know how y’all follow this sh*t year to year.  

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, terrell said:

Manu is a HOF'er

1. First four seasons for each (Kev ages 20-23, Manu ages 25-28)

2022-05-22_14-46-30.png

1 hour ago, terrell said:

.JC has to compete with Giannis, Tatum, Durant for All Star spot.

2. Can cite multiple independent observers who have referred to JC as a borderline All-Star. And you know I can, b/c you could too.

And how old is he again?

(Btw... Tatum, Durant and Giannis are all regarded more as pure forwards, SF/PF... JC more as a PF/C.)

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, terrell said:

Still an upgrade to just Trae and a bunch of top nothing players.....

I just read that our backcourt is actually Trae and bunch of Ginobili’s.  

• Premium Member

Dude you compared Ginobili, one of the greatest warriors the NBA has ever seen, to Huerter and Bogi, two of the biggest soft ass bish’s the NBA has ever seen.   Stop embarrassing yourself with this nonsense.

• Haha 1

I’m going to hold out hope the Celtics get swept and we can bring jaylen brown back home. 

ayton/gobert don’t really move the needle for me. And Lavine is not enough on defense I don’t think. Need that physicality on the team. 

Edited by h4wkfan

36 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

I’m going to hold out hope the Celtics get swept and we can bring jaylen brown back home. 

ayton/gobert don’t really move the needle for me. And Lavine is not enough on defense I don’t think. Need that physicality on the team. 

Whoops. Lose 4-1. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sturt said:

2022-05-22_14-46-30.png

2. Can cite multiple independent observers who have referred to JC as a borderline All-Star. And you know I can, b/c you could too.

And how old is he again?

(Btw... Tatum, Durant and Giannis are all regarded more as pure forwards, SF/PF... JC more as a PF/C.)

Good dig.  I understand the Kevin hate, I just rarely participate outside of ragging on his FTs.  He can be my 7th man all day every day.  Through the years he’s shown me enough flashes that he’s dedicated enough to ball movement O and ball stopping D illustrated by his career assist to turn and last season’s deflections and steals.

He should hold a higher level of esteem from Hawks fans for his Semis Game 7 performance last year but I can only speak for myself.  

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

At age 22, Huerter stepped up when Trae wasn't in-sync, and by most accounts, led us to a playoff win.

At age 22, Ginobili.... wasn't in the NBA yet.

Lest anyone mislead to suggest that we can compare 4 seasons of KVon with 16 seasons of Manu... by no means.

But what one can legitimately do is compare the first 4 seasons of each for the sake of assessing trajectory.

If that's a problem, one should say why that's a problem... offering substance... otherwise, any emotional fluff is just that, right? (Right.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sturt said:

2022-05-22_14-46-30.png

And how old is he again?

Still a longshot for either imo... But if you think so that's fine..

1 hour ago, shakes said:

Dude you compared Ginobili, one of the greatest warriors the NBA has ever seen, to Huerter and Bogi, two of the biggest soft ass bish’s the NBA has ever seen.   Stop embarrassing yourself with this nonsense.

download.jpg.5acdafd9ff9c4c1a331abbe6e489113c.jpg

• Premium Member

So is this thread closed now since everything’s been moved to the senior thread??

22 minutes ago, terrell said:

Still a longshot for either imo... But if you think so that's fine..

Yeah that’s insane lol!

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, theheroatl said:

It’s amazing the confidence that some of you have in thinking that there are much higher ceilings for Cap, JC, Huerter, Bogi… maybe Hunter can get it together but he seems injury prone. It’s possible he can put it together like Kawhi but I’m not seeing the aggressiveness yet.

You can develop your team sure but at the end of the day Milwaukee acquired Jrue Holiday to put them over the edge. Same with Jimmy Butler. Championship teams that acquired via trade or free agency multiple stars is the norm not the exception. Rarely did they develop average players into stars. And Bogi Cap Dre JC and Huerter are average players right now in my eyes. I don’t have the confidence in any of those to go out there and win a finals game if Trae goes out. Caps degrading finishing around the rim and lack of a jump hook is an issue for him moving forward.

Once again for the back, we’re talking about championships not good seasons.

Raptors got a good group together for their run via a lot of transactions. Siakam was the one that benefited from Lowry, Kawhi, Serge, and Marc coming in.

I know some of y’all want to believe in the Pistons model but it rarely happens. We gotta be like Milwaukee and Toronto when they won and put it together for a championship. Or else maybe y’all don’t actually want a championship but would rather just see the good guys develop into good players and championship is not as important.

What more can I say that I haven't already said.

The only "reasons" you've offered for why we shouldn't assume this team that...

(a) made it to the EC finals and was a misplaced ref's foot away from making taking things to a Game 7 and plausibly then to the 2021 NBA Finals, and (b) tallied a .621 regular season w/l % when they weren't having to deal with a starting line-up featuring 3rd string and G-Leaguers, ie, when they had or mostly had their horses, aka the Real Hawks...

... isn't still a legitimate threat to contend?

1. You don't have confidence.

2. MIL traded for Holiday. MIA traded for Butler.

3. The 2004 DET model is just the 2004 DET model... it almost never has achieved anything.

To #1, that's not an argument. We all have levels of confidence, and among fans, that's a very fickle thing. Have to go deeper than to say, "I'm not feeling it" if persuasion is the goal.

To #2, as you've sorta-kinda suggested, to get where they are today, MIL nor MIA neither team's management followed the GSW model, which is widely considered to be the model Schlenk has been more-or-less following.

Of GSW, MIL and MIA, which one would rational human beings and even some fickle fans say has had the greater success for the longer period of time?

No need to answer that.

Mind you, GSW did of course benefit from Durant's ring-brat-ness, no doubt. But that's part of what made that whole scenario embarrassing... GSW was already in a dominant position in the league without him.

To #3... we just covered that, really. It's not the DET model that Schlenk has followed so much as it's the GSW model.

That's not to say that Schlenk should stand pat. It's to say he should mostly stand pat... the Gallo contract situation pretty much forces his hand to make some move anyhow.

But you didn't argue because you cannot argue that this team's youth isn't still strong reason to believe this team overall is only going to get better than the .621 posted this regular season and than that it could claim after its 2021 post season.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, sturt said:

At age 22, Huerter stepped up when Trae wasn't in-sync, and by most accounts, led us to a playoff win.

At age 22, Ginobili.... wasn't in the NBA yet.

Lest anyone mislead to suggest that we can compare 4 seasons of KVon with 16 seasons of Manu... by no means.

But what one can legitimately do is compare the first 4 seasons of each for the sake of assessing trajectory.

If that's a problem, one should say why that's a problem... offering substance... otherwise, any emotional fluff is just that, right? (Right.)

Looks like someone(s) may have missed this.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, sturt said:

(Illustrating the point, I believe... people really have aged most of our roster by 3 years in their minds... they know our guys are young, but they don't think of them that way... think they've already seen everything they're going to see... and about as bad, they have no apparent appreciation for the zero-sum game that trades inherently typically are.)

R.c620f84c090d48fb3aa75b9cd972104e?rik=f

*bump*

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

Did you really just bump your own post? That you just posted a few hours before? That was only two posts back? That you were the only poster to post between that post and you bumping it? Really?!

Upon closer inspection... yes... it appears I did, your honor.

(Welllll... not exactly two posts back... actually on the previous page from this one, and it appears more like 15 posts back.)

Ask me why. That is, if you don't already know. Or, even if you do, I'm happy to re-re-emphasize why it seemed only reasonable.