• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Upgrade coming per Schlenk

Spud2nique

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

Dennis Rodman won 5 NBA championships and he was anything but normal.  He wore wedding dresses, halter tops, earrings, lipstick, you name it and that didn't stop the Pistons, Bulls or Spurs front offices from recognizing his talent.  The Nets are STILL paying Kyrie because Kyrie, like Rodman, is GOOD.  He showed up during the playoffs.  Heck, Trae Young HIMSELF said the regular season don't mean anything and got away with it. You combine his skillset with Young, get a defensive stopper like Gobert, and INSTANTLY the Hawks become one of the LEGIT top 3 teams in the East to contend for a NBA Championship.  

Kyrie Irving — Brooklyn Nets GIF by Off-Hand | Gfycat

Kyrie Irving — Brooklyn Nets GIF by Off-Hand | Gfycat

Trae didn't say that. 

Stop falling for the talking heads talking points. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

With Kyrie we improve offensively.  Defensively we are WOAT.  Just look at matchups.  A team like Boston plays Horford at the 5, you have to respect his 3 point jumper, he pulls Gobert away from the basket, then Tatum/Brown attack Kyrie and Trae on every trip.  Gobert tries to help and they kick for an open 3, every time.  

It's basically the current formula to beat the Jazz, go small or play a stretch 5, then isolate Mitchell/Conley and attack them.  Would be the same situation here.  Hell Dallas was able to do this with Kleber.  Since Gobert isn't an offensive threat, teams can simply put a stretch 5 in the game without worrying about their D that much.

Regardless, you can't have 2 defensive liabilities like Kyrie/Trae on the floor together and win a championship.  It may get you a series win or 2 if you get a favorable matchup, but it will get exploited eventually.

Edited by AtLaS

Before the Clippers resigned Covington I thought they might be ready to re-load and thus Paul George would have been available.  Seems unlikely they would go that direction now.

George, injury risk and all, would be an excellent fit alongside Trae.  

3 hours ago, AtLaS said:

With Kyrie we improve offensively.  Defensively we are WOAT.  Just look at matchups.  A team like Boston plays Horford at the 5, you have to respect his 3 point jumper, he pulls Gobert away from the basket, then Tatum/Brown attack Kyrie and Trae on every trip.  Gobert tries to help and they kick for an open 3, every time.  

It's basically the current formula to beat the Jazz, go small or play a stretch 5, then isolate Mitchell/Conley and attack them.  Would be the same situation here.  Hell Dallas was able to do this with Kleber.  Since Gobert isn't an offensive threat, teams can simply put a stretch 5 in the game without worrying about their D that much.

Regardless, you can't have 2 defensive liabilities like Kyrie/Trae on the floor together and win a championship.  It may get you a series win or 2 if you get a favorable matchup, but it will get exploited eventually.

Maybe the problem is trying to be both a offensive and defensive team with Trae Young.  Maybe the solution is to commit to being a offensive team and trying to outscore opponents.  Whatever the solution is, it ain't been working in Atlanta.

31 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I have to reiterate what I said about Ayton. He is not good so no thank you to him.  He is getting absolutely abused on defense. Do not bring this man to the Hawks please.

Show us were he is consistently abused this year. I can pull of film of any Hawks player you are a fan of getting abused even more. 

Also, if Ayton was as bad as you say, there is no way Phx would be the number 3 rated defense because a lot of what they do is predicated on him. 

Edited by marco102

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Show us were he is consistently abused this year. I can pull of film of any Hawks player you are a fan of getting abused even more. 

Is there a more ringing endorsement than that dude not liking a player? Future superstar incoming; sign me up please. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

Is there a more ringing endorsement than that dude not liking a player? Future superstar incoming; sign me up please. 

Future super star? Who Ayton? This is laughable!

8 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Also, if Ayton was as bad as you say, there is no way Phx would be the number 3 rated defense because a lot of what they do is predicated on him. 

Everybody has highlights

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Future super star? Who Ayton? This is laughable!

Everybody has highlights

Watch it wasn't highlights.  It's breaking down the nuances of his game.  Give it a watch and give me a real response so we can have a nice debate about him. 

He may not be as bad as you think.

But I think Peoriabird want to run it back with the same personnel next year.

Ayton is a young center that will grow with Trae and every player has strengths and weaknesses.  I want him here if not then it is what it is.

• Premium Member
Just now, NekiEcko said:

But I think Peoriabird want to run it back with the same personnel next year.

Ayton is a young center that will grow with Trae and every player has strengths and weaknesses.  I want him here if not then it is what it is.

1st of all, he isn't that young...he'll be 24 in July. Secondly, are y'all watching this dude get bullied by Maxi Kleber?

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Watch it wasn't highlights.  It's breaking down the nuances of his game.  Give it a watch and give me a real response so we can have a nice debate about him. 

He may not be as bad as you think.

I don't think he is great and his defense isn't good period

• 5 months later...
On 5/5/2022 at 9:18 PM, Spud2nique said:

I want the next crowder. Who is that? Man, I’d kill for a Crowder or Smart.

I meant the present Crowder. Look everywhere he’s been they’ve been a fierce team defensively with the exception on the Suns. Celts, Heat.. 

He fits and he fits really well. He could be the guy to get us over the hump when we play teams like the Sixers (Tucker) the Heat (Crowder former squad; incentive for revenge).

Lets get him. 

16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I meant the present Crowder. Look everywhere he’s been they’ve been a fierce team defensively with the exception on the Suns. Celts, Heat.. 

He fits and he fits really well. He could be the guy to get us over the hump when we play teams like the Sixers (Tucker) the Heat (Crowder former squad; incentive for revenge).

Lets get him. 

For what tho?  I see the report but it doesn't say what the hawks have to give up.  I'm not moving major pieces for him.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

Crowder is not worth JJ.  Keep in mind he's an expiring.....

......And looking to get paid. If Hawks include JJ they have to be willing to extend Jae as part of the trade or he can leave for nothing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1