• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Injury Thread 2022-2023

JayBirdHawk

On 11/30/2022 at 2:45 PM, terrell said:

At what point is Dre considered soft? Soreness IS NOT an injury.. If it aint his knee its something else.. Sick of it..

Me today . . . calling out from work because of knee soreness in both knees after constantly standing for 15 hours on back to back days.

Then again, I'm not 25 anymore either.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Me today . . . calling out from work because of knee soreness in both knees after constantly standing for 15 hours on back to back days.

Then again, I'm not 25 anymore either.

I had hip soreness for the first time a couple days ago. :cray2:I’m not even 50 yet :cray2:It’s the cold 🥶 weather.

• Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I had hip soreness for the first time a couple days ago. :cray2:I’m not even 50 yet :cray2:It’s the cold 🥶 weather.

Don't worry Spud.  The older you get the more it hurts.  I know.  I fell and broke my hip 24 years ago and it still lets me know about it.  Cold weather doesn't help.  You're not 50?  I'm 86.  I have 3 sons, all over 50!

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

It’s why AJ and Kessler are contributing more to winning than Banchero and Mathurin, simple as that.  As we add more Carmelo-styled players to the league masquerading workload as impact smh.  The little I’ve seen of Jalen Williams he has impact for sure.

Minutes played per game:

• Banchero - 35 min
  • Mathurin - 28 min
  • Griffin - 19 min
  • Kessler - 15 min

Banchero and Mathurin have massively different roles than Kessler and AJ.  Banch and Math are looked at to provide offense, sometimes high level offense in which they may take difficult shots and play a ton of minutes. And they're playing against the best players on the other team. Even Math, as a 6th man, is 4th on the team in minutes and 2nd in scoring by 0.1 points behind Haliburton.

Kessler and AJ are role players who will DEFINITELY not get extended minutes if they are playing bad.  If they provide good minutes against bench units, their value is definitely seen.  But put them in the higher level roles that Banch and Math are in, and they may not be as efficient.  As good as Kessler has been in spot minutes, give him 30 minutes a night, and see if that translates vs some of the best centers in the league.  AJ's skill set, at least gives him maximum value if his shot is on, because he's the type that could light it up from 3 point range and extend leads very quickly. But could he do that on a nightly basis vs the NBA starting vets?  We're about to see.

It's the classic apples to oranges comparison.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

That's what I say too. 

The schizophrenic Tennessee weather doesn't help me one bit.  Constantly changing.  But this is also an indication of arthritis possibly setting on on both knees.  I tore my meniscus and MCL back when I was 21 in college.  Never had it surgically repaired, but that leg has always been weaker than the other one.  But because of that, I've probably unconsciously put a lot more pressure on the other leg to compensate for the weak one.

Now that I am approaching the 50 mark, and about 30 lbs overweight, I definitely feel the pressure on my knees after long bouts of standing or walking.  Summertime it's not a big issue.  But in the winter, I definitely feel it.

I need to make me one of those Trae Young ice wraps for my knees and just freeze them up for about 15 minutes at a time. These frozen gel packs ain't cutting it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

These frozen gel packs ain't cutting it.

I was ballin and this dude hit me up with some of his bio freeze. Spray bottle I used on my knee and the pain went away instantly. Give it a shot it might help.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Okay this is getting dire… Trae just got added as questionable due to “Right Shoulder Soreness” 

Hawksspital in full effect..Its the Schlenk way... smh

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I can speak for our injuries but does anybody get the feeling that Charlotte is holding out Ball in order to win the Wimbanyama sweepstakes?

Well good luck.  No one is beating this guy for the race to the bottom.   League's worst/best tank job brought him 20 great years and 5 titles.   He's not sticking around for a slow build.

greg-popovich-thumbs-up.gif&f=1&nofb=1&i

• Like 1
  • Haha 2