• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Injury Thread 2022-2023

JayBirdHawk

Hunter questionable again for something different.. smh

Its just a matter of time and yall know it..

If he's out give both rookies burn at SF...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hunter questionable again for something different.. smh

Its just a matter of time and yall know it..

If he's out give both rookies burn at SF...

At what point is Dre considered soft? Soreness IS NOT an injury.. If it aint his knee its something else.. Sick of it..

But hey lets extend him early for 4 yr 95 mill.. Ressler just letting Travis give his $ away is crazy..... 

Schlenk has a weird infactuation with drafting injury prone players.. What's up with that? OO was injured. Missed SL(hes been pretty healthy as a pro knock on wood)... Dre was injury prone at UVA. Missed SL....Reddish was always knicked up at Duke. Missed SL.. AJ was coming off an injury. Missed SL..JJ injured at Duke. Missed a bunch of games..And still knicked up all the time as a Pro...

Good grief...

Praying AJ can stay healthy..

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, terrell said:

At what point is Dre considered soft? Soreness IS NOT an injury.. If it aint his knee its something else.. Sick of it..

But hey lets extend him early for 4 yr 95 mill.. Ressler just letting Travis give his $ away is crazy..... 

Schlenk has a weird infactuation with drafting injury prone players.. What's up with that? OO was injured. Missed SL(hes been pretty healthy as a pro knock on wood)... Dre was injury prone at UVA. Missed SL....Reddish was always knicked up at Duke. Missed SL.. AJ was coming off an injury. Missed SL..JJ injured at Duke. Missed a bunch of games..And still knicked up all the time as a Pro...

Good grief...

Praying AJ can stay healthy..

Yeah, I hadn't thought much about it but you're right.  It's probably drafting philosophy -- he must feel like the value is good at the pick because others are discounting due to injury concerns.  Other than Bogi, no one on the roster really concerns me at this point though.  Maybe Clint, who you didn't mention, but also he picked up while injured.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, I hadn't thought much about it but you're right.  It's probably drafting philosophy -- he must feel like the value is good at the pick because others are discounting due to injury concerns.  Other than Bogi, no one on the roster really concerns me at this point though.  Maybe Clint, who you didn't mention, but also he picked up while injured.

He traded up for Dre at #4..

Took OO at #6

Cam at #10

Those picks had nothing to do with value..They werent going any higher than that fully healthy.

AJ was a value pick. Ill give him that one..He wouldve gone alot higher without injury concerns..

And yeah I forgot about Bogi.. He had injury concerns already when we sogned him in FA. 

Forgot CC was injured too when we traded for him.. Geez...

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1

Just as anyone could have predicted based on our past luck with injuries, the moment there is a glimmer of hope that Bogi is close to a return, we have two major players go down. 

Dre, the word coach used “recurrance” of a previous issue worries me because of his historically slow healing process. They let him play through it despite soreness and he was unable to protect himself from re-injury. Even though it doesn’t “look” that bad, I am prepared for them to now proceed with an abundance of caution and hold him out until fully recovered.

JC, he has a sprained ankle, it was clear as day, he will miss a few games at least and possibly more. He usually plays through pain, but a turned ankle is a turned ankle, and this isn’t the playoffs. He will have to sit out at least a week if we are lucky, likely two, and potentially longer.

But no worries, in a few days Bogi will be upgraded to questionable.

I ask for the 3rd year in a row will we ever see this squad fully healthy?

Probably not.

• Premium Member

I'm worried about JC's injury. I watched it again and @Diesel is right. Banchero made no effort to get out of the way with the first half ended and with Collins coming down on top of him. It did look like he wanted to make sure JC rolled his feet landing on top of him.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'm worried about JC's injury. I watched it again and @Diesel is right. Banchero made no effort to get out of the way with the first half ended and with Collins coming down on top of him. It did look like he wanted to make sure JC rolled his feet landing on top of him.

I see what you're saying but i think it was probably unintentional.  Wasn't the only time Banchero was just standing around lost last night.   I think he heard the horn and wasn't even thinking about JC being up in the air.   I hope anyway.  

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I see what you're saying but i think it was probably unintentional.  Wasn't the only time Banchero was just standing around lost last night.   I think he heard the horn and wasn't even thinking about JC being up in the air.   I hope anyway.  

Either way, he's due a tune up.   Where is Ivan when you need him...   Rooks more than anybody need to be taught that there are consequences for BS like that.   It was BS like this that Put Clint out for the playoffs last year. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, Sothron said:

🙄