• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member

Waking up to see Kevin traded puts a knot in my stomach, loved watching red velvet play and interact with the team.

It makes sense on paper, but damn I feel gutted 😭

If we did this for Ben, Travis and Trae better have some Intel on Ben showing that's he's good to play and willing to play whatever role necessary (center probably) 

If it's for KD, and we end up gutting our team for him, that's worst case scenario in my mind.

I know Campster posted something about who we can get and it sounds like Ayton will be hard but doable if we dump salary.

Idk, 

Ben 

KD 

Ayton 

If you told me 2 weeks ago we could definitely get one of them, I'd be ecstatic regardless of the cost, but after getting Murray. 

Idk, i hope Landry has a bigger plan than just acquire talent and hope they fit 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Upgrade at what?  I don't see anyway this can happen because as we've seen we're not going to get good value for Bogi, JC. 

First, I'm operating under the assumption that this move was made to facilitate another deal as @Sothron hinted at.  Otherwise, yeah it's done to make room at shooting guard and recoup a draft pick. It's actually a decent return for Kev. I'm comfortable with the protections. 

We have LOTS of other assets to include, so upgrading isn't out of the question.

Other than the log jam issue, trading Kev for first is a little pointless. He's already what you hope to get from a mid-first pick.

If the incoming deal is not an upgrade, then what's the point? We still have a decent roster even after shedding one of Bogi/Kev.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Josh Richardson and Romeo Langford and a top-four-protected 2022 first-round pick was the cost for White.  But to be fair, there was no chance of that pick being in the lottery.  Pretty much the same value.

I"d make the case that Richardson is waaay better than Holiday or Harkless. 

• Moderators
Just now, h4wkfan said:

The deal also included a 2028 pick swap. I think it’s close, but I’d buy the argument it’s not quite as much value.

I actually kind of wanted Huerter traded (if we had to trade someone) because i was tired of his passiveness.  But I wanted someone good in return for the bench even if it was a Solo type.  Maybe i underrate justin but i don't think so.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

This seems like a move just to save money. Hopefully there's another move that follows this. Kevin was a team first guy, he will be missed.

Hurts to see him go.  Will definitely cheer for his success.  With Griffin and Bogi, something had to give.  Plus, a long term contract off the books.  2028 pick swap with the Kings could be a secret treasure.  

• Like 2

Justin Holiday's average was very close to what Kevin averaged per game if I'm not mistaken. Of course Kevin is a better shooter but Justin is a better defender. I think Justin shot 37% from the three. The first round pick was really the thing that put us over in this trade, IMO. 

7 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Bogi is still here, and AJ Griffin Can light things up from 3 if he can stay on the court defensively. If Jalen Johnson can hold down back up PF we can hide Griffin against most lineups.

Bogi can't and won't start healthy..aj is a ???..Jalen maybe if he gets to play..OO can't..Collins can help if he not traded..hunter better step up..scubs we got cant