• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks

lethalweapon3

Excellent write-up, as always!

I was going to go to the game tonight (I live in Chicago), but I had a PRP injection in my hip a few days ago and walking, up steps no less, is out of the question for a few weeks.  Not a biggie.  Hopefully it works, somewhat long term, and I'll make a game in Chicago later this year.  
It used to be fun, before the Bucks got good recently, when my son and I could drive up to Milwaukee, pay about $100 each, and get seats one row behind the Hawks bench.  Too pricey now.  
Oh well, go Hawks!!

56 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

It is BudBall defense where Milwaukee is making its gravy, the tried-and-true “we may not score, but you won’t either!” adage (38.5 FG% vs. NYK, who shot 39.8% last night) that has become a hallmark of Mike Budenholzer-coached squads.

Crazy as it used to be the Pop offense, he’s become defensive Mike, musta been on the beer 🍺 jokes :scratch:

57 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

2015 Hawks hero DeMarre Carroll is now on the Bucks staff as an assistant, filling in a slot created by the promotion of Charles Lee as Bud’s associate head honcho.

Oh I love it! Had no clue. Go DMC!!!

59 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

and rookie AJ Griffin to beat their heavy-legged defenders repeatedly down the floor and prepare for quick scoring opportunities.

Yes sirrrrr nice showing last night! 

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Atlanta could find itself in good shape if it can demonstrate, on this day, that two Holidays are better than one.

:applause:

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

A ripe chance is before Atlanta to steal a W from Isconsin and hand Miwaukee their first L.

After tonight, Lisconsin it is!!! :laugh:

You da man @lethalweapon3
Always delivering! 

Vegas has the Bucks -5.5

I’m not gonna lie, it’s a marathon but this is the first big climb! Let’s get it! 

GO HAWKS!!!!

• Premium Member

This should be De'Andre Hunter's game. He'll be matched up vs Jrue or Grayson Allen and should take advantage. He's gotta stop fouling 3pt shooters and rebound.

We've got to do a better job of boxing out, their guards and wings killed us with rebounds.

If the preseason holds to form, Clint will start off defending Giannis.

How Trae handles the defensive pressure from Carter - giving up the ball early on traps etc and being the Maestro will be big.

Portis has given us problems - How do we contain him. JJ and OO has to match his intensity and physicalilty.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Need more of this from JJ as his confidence grows.

Or just flip him and a second for Crowder 🏃‍♀️ 

22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

"Man, I wish Ben would just do what that JJ guy did." - all Ben Simmons' teammates 

I don’t get it.

34 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Clint will start off defending Giannis.

You better hope that AS…. I mean AVATAR IS MINE! :frantics:

35 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

JJ and OO

I want OO to shut down the Freak, but Portis will abuse JJ. Tough.

In before the game to remind everyone that Giannis is universally regarded as a top 3 basketball player on the planet, and arguably regarded to as the best basketball player in the world.

He is off to an amazing start to the season averaging 35, 13 & 6 on 63% shooting.

Just want to be transparent here before we pile on JC and Clint for not being able to defend Giannis 1 on 1.

Nobody in the world can stay in front of Giannis 1 on 1. He is playing like prime Lebron/Shaq right now.

You defend Giannis by showing him a crowd and making him a passer. If he goes off tonight, it’s not on any single player, it will be on Coach Nate or the entire 5-man unit for not executing the gameplan.

That is all. Here’s to a great game tonight. We got this!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

In before the game to remind everyone that Giannis is universally regarded as a top 3 basketball player on the planet, and arguably regarded to as the best basketball player in the world.

He is off to an amazing start to the season averaging 35, 13 & 6 on 63% shooting.

Just want to be transparent here before we pile on JC and Clint for not being able to defend Giannis 1 on 1.

Nobody in the world can stay in front of Giannis 1 on 1. He is playing like prime Lebron/Shaq right now.

You defend Giannis by showing him a crowd and making him a passer. If he goes off tonight, it’s not on any single player, it will be on Coach Nate or the entire 5-man unit for not executing the gameplan.

That is all. Here’s to a great game tonight. We got this!

I hear what you’re saying but, first layup I see…