• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks

lethalweapon3

13 minutes ago, JTB said:

Honestly go back and watch the game (I just did)…no offense to JC but I can’t really get on Trae or Murray after rewatching this. There weren’t many shots in this game for JC ….if they had tried to force it to Collins there’s a big chance we lose by a lot .

Collins was getting moved off the block with ease and he didn’t even attempt to post up Giannis really which was a smart move (I’m sure that was part of the game plan). 

I don’t know the best thing JC can do on a team like this is set screens and pop out to the perimeter. He can’t roll on Giannis, Lopez, or even Bobby Portis a whole game because it would likely end up as a block.

Collins set some good picks in this game though and definitely was giving it his all so you can’t really be mad at it. Games like this we need Hunter to do more offensively since JC has limitations vs this bucks team that is really out of our control until we get bigger and longer.

JC is a 100 million dollar power forward if one thing doesn't work figure out something else.  Four points and low production time after time against good teams is unacceptable. Figure it out.Good lord it ain't my job the figure out ways he can be effective. 

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The cost to get Gobert, his salary and the teams most pressing need of a secondary ball handler and defender next to Trae was important to me.

Still can't believe how many firsts he costs lol I was a big fan of trading for Gobert, even with his high salary, but I thought it'd be like 1 or 2 first rounders.  Also, I was under the assumption that Ressler was willing to go into the tax, which he has so-far showed he is not willing to do (shoutout to Heurters 27 points on 11 shots last night)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FL_BRYANT said:

4 pts and 4 shots fall both on Collins and the guards not getting him the ball. But we have seen this kind of production in big games in the past. 4 pts and 4 shots is totally unacceptable. JC has had more than enough time to get stronger.  I have talked  about his inability to establish/hold  low post position for years now.  He constantly gets rooted out the post not only by bigs but also smaller  players.  I didn't want him to get traded but I do expect him to get stronger  and show up against the best talent  in big games. I have constantly  talked about how we lacked both size and physicality. Why the Hawks refuse to add size to  the roster I don't understand .

No JC didn't lose the game but he does have a history of not showing up in big games. 

It also means that he can crash the offensive boards a little better.  A lot of times, when shots go up, it's 1 on 4 trying to get an offensive rebound ( which is why it's incredible what Capela is able to do at times ).

Both JC and Hunter have a tendency to stay out on the perimeter when a shot goes up.  No crashing the boards at all to possibly get an extra possession.  You don't want both of them to crash, but at least one of them should go help Capela.  Offensive boards gets you extra possessions, extra shot attempts, and potentially can get you to the FT line.

Offensive rebound leaders:  61 offensive rebounds total

• Capela - 20
  • Okongwu - 13
  • Collins - 8
  • Trae - 6
  • DJM - 4
  • Hunter - 3

Do we need to put Collins back at the 5 at times, so that he can be a little more active offensively?  He's much better defensively as a roaming 4, but excelled in the dunkers spot at the 5.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It also means that he can crash the offensive boards a little better.  A lot of times, when shots go up, it's 1 on 4 trying to get an offensive rebound ( which is why it's incredible what Capela is able to do at times ).

Both JC and Hunter have a tendency to stay out on the perimeter when a shot goes up.  No crashing the boards at all to possibly get an extra possession.  You don't want both of them to crash, but at least one of them should go help Capela.  Offensive boards gets you extra possessions, extra shot attempts, and potentially can get you to the FT line.

Offensive rebound leaders:  61 offensive rebounds total

• Capela - 20
  • Okongwu - 13
  • Collins - 8
  • Trae - 6
  • DJM - 4
  • Hunter - 3

Do we need to put Collins back at the 5 at times, so that he can be a little more active offensively?  He's much better defensively as a roaming 4, but excelled in the dunkers spot at the 5.

Agree in principle but is that what Nate wants him to do. Or is he supposed to be the one getting back in transition to guard the basket. The Hawks really struggled guarding transition last season.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

Bravo, gentlemen!

This is a great example why this is the only website I contribute to financially (and occasionally with some actual comments).

Wait, so that's a different 'jdawgflow' sending tip$ to my onlyfans site?

😁

(Totally kidding.  Totally agree with your statement.)

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I think Murray is actually another good candidate here to help with boards.  His wing span and athleticism let him compete for rebounds against most

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The cost to get Gobert, his salary and the teams most pressing need of a secondary ball handler and defender next to Trae was more important to me.

No doubt. Definitely not arguing it just stating the facts. There were better moves which we did

43 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Really just depends on the team to me. If we had Ayton then JC could be his best self offensively and defensively.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I think Murray is actually another good candidate here to help with boards.  His wing span and athleticism let him compete for rebounds against most

He already does it, so I have no issue with his rebounding.  Rebounding is about scheme and effort.  DJM definitely has the effort.

As @JayBirdHawk pointed out, if Nate wants JC and/or Hunter to get back on defense, instead of crashing the offensive boards, that's a scheme issue.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Why is everybody walking around the elephant in the room.

We just paid Hunter a lot of money and the dude doesn't rebound.  So far 4.0 rebounds per game.. and we're hoping that Somebody will pick up his slack. 

Expect better.

• Sad 1