• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks

lethalweapon3

48 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I didn’t see any that were especially poignant but this one looks like they’re in a long distance relationship with Jimmy jumping into Traes less-than-enthused arms.DA43DC5F-F04A-4009-B64B-70DE625201DC.thumb.jpeg.4e37ee236e4ecdfc7ad573584927d175.jpeg

No the one they getting busy on the floor choking each other 😂 

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Fax! 

Why people can't be happy we have them both?

Same reason SOME (cough cough, no really I do have a horrible cough it won’t end) folks around here think we not ready for Crowder. We ready, we are at THAT stage. 

:yes:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, sturt said:

You send the message to other current and future players, "You're not the boss, and we will not be manipulated." That has some value.

You also send the message across the league, "We're not going to settle for anything less than our price, so you might as well forget your visions of a steep discount." That has some value.

Unfortauntely, that's the opposite kind of message you want to send if your goal is to attract talent to your organization.  That messaging might work for running a factory where workers, who have no other employment options, are trying to unionize -- but these are NBA players making millions; they're not interested in joining that type of culture.  Why would they be?

The messaging to other owners might have some long term value, but they also might just see you as an unreasonable trade partner.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

but they also might just see you as an unreasonable trade partner.

Ya like me in fantasy, I rejected so many trades that people don’t offer me trades anymore. Well except for 🪨 Eddie, he’s a tenacious one for sure. You don’t wanna get left outside the party as a GM though or get a bad rep I agree. 

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

This was a DJM win period. Trae didn't do the "little things" to help us win this game. If anything our defense finally had a chance to clamp down when Trae went out. 

This is not hard. When players are involved on offense, their defense will step up.  They respond to Murray because not only does he play hard defense, the offense isn't a black hole when he runs the point.  Its a more cohesive offense with continuity. The Hawks would be best served to let Murray run the point the majority of the time from here on out. 

Trae got back into his game as the shooting guard against the Knicks which is where he should be.  Murray feed him at spots on the floor that played very well into Trae's game.  There are points in a game where the other team gets on a run and you want Trae to be the old Trae and you let him bring it up, but you do that in spots, not the entire game.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Same reason SOME (cough cough, no really I do have a horrible cough it won’t end) folks around here think we not ready for Crowder. We ready, we are at THAT stage. 

:yes:

So AJ plus what for Crowder?

🙂

(Get some tea and lemons, squd.  Mix in a cough drop or 3.)

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Unfortauntely, that's the opposite kind of message you want to send if your goal is to attract talent to your organization.  That messaging might work for running a factory where workers, who have no other employment options, are trying to unionize -- but these are NBA players making millions; they're not interested in joining that type of culture.  Why would they be?

Well, first... like I said...

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Wise?

I don't claim the omniscience to know. But it's a legitimate question.

But, that said, I don't agree that it's something that would be taken as out-of-bounds for a GM to want to discourage his players from not honoring their contracts if they happen to disagree with what is rightfully a management decision.

To the contrary, we teach people how to treat us, and that applies to the employer/employee relationship too. If the lesson from Crowder's episode were to become that there's no downside to pouting, that tends to push the team culture toward more pouting, whether to the degree that Crowder's done it, or something less (or more).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So AJ plus what for Crowder?

🙂

I’m glad your having fun here but stress is very bad for the epidermis…  

🧘‍♀️ hummmmmmmmmmmhummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ya I had cough DM OTC stuff. You know it’s JJ… why you gotta bring junior into it. :sad:

JHol and a 2024 2nd round pick.

😷 🤒 🤕 

• Like 1