• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Jazz at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, Carmine said:

For a team with a roster full of new additions, the Jazz sure do a better job of playing 'team' ball than us.

They're a team full of vets too.  All of those players they got from Minnesota were starters, or very good reserves.  Sexton is basically a starting guard as well.  They have a very good collection of mid level players, some of which who can play like star players at any given moment.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

They're a team full of vets too.  All of those players they got from Minnesota were starters, or very good reserves.  Sexton is basically a starting guard as well.  They have a very good collection of mid level players, some of which who can play like star players at any given moment.

They are a team that is playing a lot better than the sum of its parts. Very impressed with them early but have my doubts they keep it up. 

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Lauri really surprising me. Some folks called it when he was in Clev but now that he's getting the usage i'm starting to see it. It does help that their giving him the Luka whistle

John Collins is completely useless on this team. Can’t defend, can’t score down low, and can’t rebound against anyone his size or larger. $25 million a year for this for another five years.  DeAndre Hunter’s contract is another colossal mistake. He’s just an average NBA player who we are paying twice as much as he deserves to make.. Just damn

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Carmine said:

Lauri really surprising me. Some folks called it when he was in Clev but now that he's getting the usage i'm starting to see it. It does help that their giving him the Luka whistle

I mean he looked great his sophomore year and then regressed into an inefficient non rebounding set shooter.

More high level play from AJ in his little spurt:

very good movement to balance the spacing on the perimeter 

1-2 from 3

soft touch on the push shot that should’ve fell 

chased down a loose ball

And some bad:

A little too long on the distance of the threes 

gets blown by pretty easily 

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

They are a team that is playing a lot better than the sum of its parts. Very impressed with them early but have my doubts they keep it up. 

Teams and coaches will adjust.  But like I said, they have a team full of mid level starters, with guys who are capable of putting up a big number.

Dre . . that's terrible man.  Had an open 3 . . and dribbled into a turnover because you didn't want to shoot.