• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

No he hasn’t taken Stu’s place yet. He’s still the guy! And YOU, are still the love nougat of my squawk existence. 

I think stu is everybody's bestie.

On another note, am I off in thinking we win that game if Smart plays?  Last night was a double whammy.  We (a) rarely play well on national tv and (b) we always fail to show up vs teams missing key guys.

It's vintage Hawks.

• Like 3

Just now, Spud2nique said:

I’m still most outdoors. I like to predict the shifting of the wind 💨 to adjust my shots accordingly.

CUZ OUT HERE BABY.. the wind..

image.gif.4bc2596f633fb19bfd3eb5585bf33aa5.gif

I ball at the 'why'.  As in why am I gonna get out there and embarrass myself.  Not because I can't play.  It's because I can't get up and down the court more than about 6 times before I'm suckin' more wind than the atmosphere can produce.  Not fat but not exactly prepared for the grind anymore.  Haha 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

am I off in thinking we win that game if Smart plays? 

No it’s definitely possible. He does take them out of their offensive rhythm more often than not. Ya, cuz their bench came in and lit us up, who knows, maybe Smart would have passed up some of those 3’s for his lil cutesie plays he’s got with the extra dribbling and shot fakes and jab steps.

• Like 1

Just now, kg01 said:

I ball at the 'why'.  As in why am I gonna get out there and embarrass myself.  Not because I can't play.  It's because I can't get up and down the court more than about 6 times before I'm suckin' more wind than the atmosphere can produce.  Not fat but not exactly prepared for the grind anymore.  Haha 

Ya some dude at the gym was surprised that I stilled played outdoors into my late 40’s. But when you never stopped playing outdoors because you didn’t have access to indoor hoops you just get used to it.

Dude said it was a grind on his body but I don’t get the difference. I mean the surface is tougher but it’s not super different to me. 

ps I don’t miss the old school chain nets tho, those were garbage. My line when we had those… “time for some prison ball” :laugh1:

• Haha 2

JJ AKA JUMP PASS (Mace) or JHol and a 2nd rounder.

Unfortunately, neither Stein’s report nor Fischer’s goes into any detail about which teams may be involved in the most recent Crowder trade talks. The Heat, Bucks, and Hawks have previously been identified as potential suitors, but there are many more clubs around the league that could use a three-and-D piece like Crowder and could realistically take on his $10.2MM expiring contract.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

JJ AKA JUMP PASS (Mace) or JHol and a 2nd rounder.

Unfortunately, neither Stein’s report nor Fischer’s goes into any detail about which teams may be involved in the most recent Crowder trade talks. The Heat, Bucks, and Hawks have previously been identified as potential suitors, but there are many more clubs around the league that could use a three-and-D piece like Crowder and could realistically take on his $10.2MM expiring contract.

Not. Worth. JJ. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How many consistent play calls does he get?

Let's just agree to disagree. 

15 games.

My worry is that his jumper is just not the same after hurting his finger.  I hope it isn't the case.

He hurt his finger on March 7 last year in Detroit.  After that, here is his 3pt shooting by month:

March 2022 - 0% (0/8)

April 2022 - 36% (4/11)

October 2022 - 26% (6/23)

November 2022 - 22% (4/18)

Total:  23.3%

I split it out by month because things change over time with an injury like that.  But it has been a very ugly start to this season.  JC had two consecutive seasons shooting 40% and last year was 38% before he hurt his finger.  So he had been extremely consistent over 3 years.  This could be a small sample size issue but I am worried that things have changed for him post-injury.  Fingers crossed that this is not the case because we sure could use his jumper.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

The defense doesn't concern me one bit after last night. Hawks played pretty good most of the night, just too many small stupid mistakes but they should ALL be correctable. The offense is where I'm scratching my head, especially when Trae is not on the floor. 

Because all Murray does is dribble dribble and pull up from 10-12 feet it doesn't collapse the defense and doesn't really benefit his teammates.  Not saying his bench teammates are good, becuase they arent.... Just sayin.. Our bench needs healthy and in form Bogi real bad.. Murray needs shooters and a stretch BIG around him.. 

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

My wanted trade for Crowder... discernibly different from my predicted trade (which doesn't exist)... was a UTA/PHX/ATL swap that ended up with draft picks to UTA, Crowder to us, and to PHX, a player reportedly coveted from UTA, Vanderbilt along with JDay.

I doubt it's plausible today because of UTA's being so fast out of the gate, but it seemed reasonable a month ago.

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, AHF said:

My worry is that his jumper is just not the same after hurting his finger.  I hope it isn't the case.

He hurt his finger on March 7 last year in Detroit.  After that, here is his 3pt shooting by month:

March 2022 - 0% (0/8)

April 2022 - 36% (4/11)

I split it out by month because things change over time with an injury like that.  But it has been a very ugly start to this season.  JC had two consecutive seasons shooting 40% and last year was 38% before he hurt his finger.  So he had been extremely consistent over 3 years.  This could be a small sample size issue but I am worried that things have changed for him post-injury.  Fingers crossed that this is not the case because we sure could use his jumper.  

And that may well be the case regarding 'The Finger'. 2 pointers are still efficient at 59%, exceptional at the freethrow line 93%.

His 1st 2 games were good from 3, then went 1-19 over the following 6 games, then 4-16 the next 6.

• Like 1

I tire of folks begging for Jollins to get more post touches, even in mismatches.  He gets rooted out too easily.

Yall don't ever wonder why he's always getting knocked over?  Has a high center of gravity clearly.  Not conducive to a steady diet of post action.

Yes, he has a post game but tryna force that action is not a recipe for success.

I'm a Jollins fan so this isnt me raggin' on him.  Just putting that out there.  Flame away.

He, like Hunter, need to work on their handle.  That's what can help us. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, AHF said:

March 2022 - 0% (0/8)

April 2022 - 36% (4/11)

Yikes...