• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bulls at Hawks

lethalweapon3

38 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, I think based on my opinion (eye test), he was marginally better than Trae last year, but definitely worst this year.  Trae is putting in serious effort and has been much more aware of his assignment, where to rotate, etc.  Still has lazy moments but Bogi has been horrendous.  Bogi benefitted heavily from playing with the bench a lot in the past for all the advanced stats lovers.

Bogi is coming back from an injury. Offensively he knows what to do, but defensively I think we need to give him a little time to get back there.  In the first half, he's much better team defender and on ball. In the second half, he's still ok as a team defender, but putrid on ball. 

I think we need to let him get his conditioning back. 

36 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, only 5 games.  This is a game thread for last night though, and he was horrendous last night.  And for some reason Nate kept putting him into defense-only lineups at the end of the game.  Really felt like Nate wanted to lose last night.  I have no idea what he was seeing in Bogi to put him out there in game-deciding defensive possessions over JJ or Hunter.

Hunter was on a minutes restriction and first game back. You don't want to push that. JJ was getting lost on defense too. 

10 minutes ago, shakes said:

I don't agree with the out you just gave Bogi.  He was just as bad last year.  Nothing I've seen from him this year is in any way different from what he showed last year.    I was apparently just the only person to notice.

Bogi's terrible defense is the reason we HAD to trade Huerter.     

Bogi was fine until the knee injury starting flaring up.  He then was putrid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

It seems like you are calling for people to be balanced and include both critical and positive commentary (let me know if I misread that).  Since you are calling out others on it, what do you think I'll find if I look for your positive posts about anyone other than Hunter in this thread.  Let's find out how balanced the commentary was for players other than Hunter:

Total 1 Positive Comment

Trent Forrest (pg 2)

Total 11 Negative Comments (either directly critical of the player or taking shots at people for saying something positive about them)

AJ x5 (pgs 3, 3, 4, 6, 6)

Trae x6 (3, 13, 14, 15, 15, 15)

So am I to understand you found the time to make numerous negative comments about AJ and Trae but couldn't find a single positive thing on which to share your thoughts in that game?  I find it hard to believe you would have stayed silent if Hunter had hit one of those big shots down the stretch.  So if you are only making negative comments on those players in a game in which there was objectively a mix of negative and highlight level positive contributions, why are you bashing others for focusing on the positive contributions in their posts?  I'm not seeing what I assume is your desired balance in either approach so I'm not sure why anyone would be going after others for not having that balance when they aren't demonstrating it themselves.

gotem-joke.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Bogi is coming back from an injury. Offensively he knows what to do, but defensively I think we need to give him a little time to get back there.  In the first half, he's much better team defender and on ball. In the second half, he's still ok as a team defender, but putrid on ball. 

Hunter was on a minutes restriction and first game back. You don't want to push that. JJ was getting lost on defense too. 

I get he's coming back from an injury, which is why all of my examples are mental lapses, not him being out of shape or not athletic enough to defend.  I didn't highlight any of the blow bys or fouls where he's giving effort, just the multitude of plays he zoned out.  I don't care much either, was just agreeing with the point Shakes made.

And don't tell me Hunter is on a minutes restriction and can't play for <1 second in a game deciding play lmao

• Like 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I have 2 words for you:

NON

SENSE

stop making excuses for the bum.   And no, he didn't all of the sudden get bad at defense when he all of the sudden decided to tell everyone he's been suffering from a knee injury for the past 75 years.  He's been terrible on that end ever since he got here and if his knee hurting is the reason he refuses to move on defense then it should also limit his ability to move on offense.   So everything you just wrote is NONSENSE HOMER TALK.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

It seems like you are calling for people to be balanced and include both critical and positive commentary (let me know if I misread that).  Since you are calling out others on it, what do you think I'll find if I look for your positive posts about anyone other than Hunter in this thread.  Let's find out how balanced the commentary was for players other than Hunter:

Total 1 Positive Comment

Trent Forrest (pg 2)

Total 11 Negative Comments (either directly critical of the player or taking shots at people for saying something positive about them)

So am I to understand you found the time to make numerous negative comments about AJ and Trae but couldn't find a single positive thing on which to share your thoughts in that game?  I find it hard to believe you would have stayed silent if Hunter had hit one of those big shots down the stretch.  So if you are only making negative comments on those players in a game in which there was objectively a mix of negative and highlight level positive contributions, why are you bashing others for focusing on the positive contributions in their posts?  I'm not seeing what I assume is your desired balance in either approach so I'm not sure why anyone would be going after others for not having that balance when they aren't demonstrating it themselves.

You missed the comment about Jalen Johnson being a good rebounder.  And I did not say anything negative about Trae young except he still takes bad shots and turns the ball over. The only thing I said about AJ is that bogi should have stayed in the game not him because his play was suspect.

5 minutes ago, shakes said:

I have 2 words for you:

NON

SENSE

stop making excuses for the bum.   And no, he didn't all of the sudden get bad at defense when he all of the sudden decided to tell everyone he's been suffering from a knee injury for the past 75 years.  He's been terrible on that end ever since he got here and if his knee hurting is the reason he refuses to move on defense then it should also limit his ability to move on offense.   So everything you just wrote is NONSENSE HOMER TALK.

Trust me. There's much more nonsense in your post than mine. 

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You missed the comment about Jalen Johnson being a good rebounder.  And I did not say anything negative about Trae young except he still takes bad shots and turns the ball over. The only thing I said about AJ is that bogi should have stayed in the game not him because his play was suspect.

You missed his point entirely where you are mostly negative towards everyone except a few players and complain about people who have mostly positive comments in general about everyone.  However, if they constructively criticize one of your favorite player, you can't comprehend it. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

Total 1 Positive Comment

Trent Forrest (pg 2)

I went back and read my comments and I must say that this such a weak argument.  I'm disappointed that you would make such a weak case.

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

You missed his point entirely where you are mostly negative towards everyone except a few players and complain about people who have mostly positive comments in general about everyone.  However, if they constructively criticize one of your favorite player, you can't comprehend it. 

Did you read my comments that he pointed out?

21 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I get he's coming back from an injury, which is why all of my examples are mental lapses, not him being out of shape or not athletic enough to defend.  I didn't highlight any of the blow bys or fouls where he's giving effort, just the multitude of plays he zoned out.  I don't care much either, was just agreeing with the point Shakes made.

And don't tell me Hunter is on a minutes restriction and can't play for <1 second in a game deciding play lmao

Mental lapses happen when you're out for awhile.  I'm just giving you plausible reasons about his defense whereas Shakes is saying he is a WOAT defender.

Regarding Hunter that's how the NBA works considering we are on a first night of a back to back.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

There's a reason he was the only heavy minute guard/wing with a negative +/- despite scoring the most points of any Hawks on a good shooting night

I'm not accepting this one.   Let's check 4th quarter +/-.   Hmmm.  Also a -1.  Oh except that was best on the team. 

No one is arguing that he's playing stellar D but I cant understand watching last night's game and thinking.   'You know who needs calling out?  Bogi'.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Did you read my comments that he pointed out?

Did you read mine?  He quoted several comments from you. 

If you want everyone to be more fair and balanced, how about you be more fair and balanced? 

Like, you know how to do this day, you barely say a positive thing about Bogi? 

I don't really have a player I hate on the team, because they are all Hawks.  As long as they are helping the Hawks win, I don't care about minutes, shooting slumps, or rotations.  

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm not accepting this one.   Let's check 4th quarter +/-.   Hmmm.  Also a -1.  Oh except that was best on the team. 

No one is arguing that he's playing stellar D but I cant understand watching last night's game and thinking.   'You know who needs calling out?  Bogi'.    

next game (tonight) take off the homer colored glasses and just focus on Bogi on the defensive end on every possession.   You're not going to like what you see.

10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Did you read mine?  He quoted several comments from you. 

If you want everyone to be more fair and balanced, how about you be more fair and balanced? 

Like, you know how to do this day, you barely say a positive thing about Bogi? 

I don't really have a player I hate on the team, because they are all Hawks.  As long as they are helping the Hawks win, I don't care about minutes, shooting slumps, or rotations.  

oh trust me, we know that.  😛

1 minute ago, shakes said:

next game (tonight) take off the homer colored glasses and just focus on Bogi on the defensive end on every possession.   You're not going to like what you see.

oh trust me, we know that.  😛

It's stupid to hate anyone in a sport.  They are just playing a game that entertains us and distracts us from reality for a few hours. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, shakes said:

I don't like what i see from a lot of guys.   And you can't make me take off my glasses.  

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I agree with this.  I just enjoy the discussion and opinion sharing. 

There's a difference in opinion sharing than trolling. 

If he had said, Bogi is a terrible defender and I can't stand him.  Cool beans. 

He said Bogi is worst all time.  Yeah, that's an opinion, but that's intentionally trolling when he calls anyone providing evidence that Bogi isn't WOAT, nonsense. 

He's also just upset Bogi lit up the Bulls. 

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1