• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets

lethalweapon3

What are the chances of victory tonight?  ESPN have their odds up:

Hornets ---- 64.9%

Hawks ------35.1%

I suppose, if I am to believe this, Atlanta is a doomed team.  

Capela - - Out.  Collins - - Out.  Murray - - Out.

With three starters unable to go and this Hawk team on a losing streak, I see where the odds are coming from.  The problem is, these three aren't coming back any time soon.

Put on a big smile.  Make like you know what you're doing.  Strange things sometimes happen.  Not saying it will.  Hornets have players coming back.  Hawks have young players to help our two starters.  Perhaps all is not lost.  

🧑‍🔧GO ATL HAWKS !!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

What are the chances of victory tonight?  ESPN have their odds up:

Hornets ---- 64.9%

Hawks ------35.1%

I suppose, if I am to believe this, Atlanta is a doomed team.  

Capela - - Out.  Collins - - Out.  Murray - - Out.

With three starters unable to go and this Hawk team on a losing streak, I see where the odds are coming from.  The problem is, these three aren't coming back any time soon.

Put on a big smile.  Make like you know what you're doing.  Strange things sometimes happen.  Not saying it will.  Hornets have players coming back.  Hawks have young players to help our two starters.  Perhaps all is not lost.  

🧑‍🔧GO ATL HAWKS !!

Against the team with the worst record in the League... Geez...

• Sad 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Here's a thought - I think I'd prefer we play small and run JJ at Center for some minutes (he did play lots of C last year in GL) in lieu of playing Frank Kaminsky one minute.

Play small and fast.

You had me at "in lieu of playing Frank Kaminsky".  Well i was in at play small actually but not as funny. 

• Haha 2

I have a feeling tonight's game is going to be like watching a car wreck.  You feel sorry for whomever is involved... but you just have to look to see if there's any blood or bodies.  

• Moderators
1 minute ago, LongTimeFan said:

I have a feeling tonight's game is going to be like watching a car wreck.  You feel sorry for whomever is involved... but you just have to look to see if there's any blood or bodies.  

I'm just gonna go ahead and pre-emptively call THE STRONG ARM. 💪

~0neca11thatsa11

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Frank the Tank Revenge Game on deck? Safe to say he's past due. This would be Kaminsky's third appearance against his draft team. Over 45 minutes of play versus the Hornets, he's 7-for-17 from the field (1-for-6 on threes), and the next steal he logs against them would be his first.

I can't find the stat on Twitter, but aren't teams like 80% or something in the paint or around the rim when he's on the floor?

EDIT: As per NBA stats, among players with 10 or more games played and minimum four shots "defended" per game, Frank's 61.2 Defended FG% ranks second-highest in the league. Miami rookie Nikola Jovic (62.8 DFG%) ranks first, while Friend of the Program Gorgui Dieng is right behind the Tank (61.0 DFG%).

EDIT x2: It looks like I was being kind with my recollection. Among players averaging at least 5.0 opponent FGAs per game around the rim, Kaminsky's 83.9 FG% allowed is the highest in the league. There is really not a close second unless one is willing to count the Warrior neophytes Patrick Baldwin and Ryan Rollins.

~lw3

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

We’re playing the team with the worse record in basketball.

Stop acting like there is a chance that we can lose when we’re the squad with 1 Super Max megastar, and 2 top 6 picks in the starting 5.....

But seriously,  the starters need to come out on Fire..

Not feeling the Forrest, Kaminski, Holiday's, Bogi  2nd unit lineup at all tonight. Unless Bogi is scorchin..

LP was fired at 14-20

We lose tonight and we're 14-16 and counting..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

We are starting Bogi and Forest, AJ and JJ to the bench.

Honestly, that's a good call.

Put your most talented group out on the floor, and let's see if the kids can handle the lesser players.

But this means Dre is at the 4.  Please rebound the basketball sir.  Go in there and battle.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, willthepureshooter said:

Look at Okongwu out of position again. Oh, and another boneheaded foul because he was out of position. Why did we draft him again?

usatsi_13841951.thumb.jpg.3484ac233d4e12e105a1e55e67893ff0.jpg

• Haha 3